• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I've seen so many interviews lately I could make a drinking game out of guessing what question is to be asked next. :p

Wow... I have a crush on her now also...
That voice.

I understand now Jase

Welcome to the path of enlightenment!

no matter how much you praise saorise jasec will not let you play on his account so don't get your hopes up peeps

I see what you did there.

Coming Winter 2013, JaseC is JaseC in CALL OF SUAREZ!

Only on uPlay.

Somebody get Yves Guillemot on the horn!

I really like FUEL and think it's quite underrated. It's a flawed experience but I find it to be such a great game to chill out too. I especially enjoy the races in the various weather conditions and it's got some nice locations. It's the sort of game I just put a marker on the map and drive to it whilst chillin to podcasts or whatever. Sometimes I just like to take in the atmosphere and go for a long drive as well. That's not very appealing to everyone of course but I dig it.

There's also a pretty cool mod for it called FUEL Refueled. It's made by one guy but a lot of work has gone into it. He's very dedicated to it though releases can be slow but it's still cool to mess around with.

The big turnoff is that it uses GFWL which is as shit as always but I still enjoy the game regardless.

Yo thanks for the mod. Now I have all the regions unlocked, a translucent ui, improved gamepad support (I don't know what this means, I notice no difference) and most important of all: the map now fills the whole screen. This thing is awesome.

Also Fuel is pretty fun! Feels like I should be wearing a tapout t shirt while I play though.

Dr Dogg

Seeing that many already finished a newly released game make feel slow at playing games at all :(

Well I finished about 9 games already this month but Infinite was a special case. Took 2 evenings and most of Thursday but couldn't put it down. Though finished Halo 3 on Monday, mainly due to a possible PC release and that almost took me 5 years to the day to finish.

Deques

Well I finished about 9 games already this month but Infinite was a special case. Took 2 evenings and most of Thursday but couldn't put it down. Though finished Halo 3 on Monday, mainly due to a possible PC release and that almost took me 5 years to the day to finish.

9 games?! I finished 4 games, two of them were story dlcs and one of them DLC quest which is a short game

Dr Dogg

9 games?! I finished 4 games, two of them were story dlcs and one of them DLC quest which is a short game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51546774&postcount=446 plus Infinite.

Well most of them were a long time in the making (or should that be finishing?). I'm pretty screwed now as everything else I got on the go is either right near the start or would have to restart as to not having a clue where I am. Might burn through a load of Indie games though.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yo thanks for the mod. Now I have all the regions unlocked, a translucent ui, improved gamepad support (I don't know what this means, I notice no difference) and most important of all: the map now fills the whole screen. This thing is awesome.

Also Fuel is pretty fun! Feels like I should be wearing a tapout t shirt while I play though.

No problem! Glad you're enjoying it! :) I certainly wouldn't claim it to the be greatest racing game in the world but it's a pretty unique experience overall, it's a shame there'll never be a sequel but oh well. Now if only they'd patch it to remove GFWL....

That's okay, "Irish Princess/Queen" are acceptable substitutes. ;)

Nice to see a fellow countryman/woman be so loved :p She's a great actress too, loved Hana, cool film.

Not sure if this is the thread, but could someone who already owns Fuel help me get it from GMG for £1.90 with the ZEG2V-YXV4R-HL4YW code? I already have it and want to buy a copy for someone else.

I can Paypal instantly.

Dr Dogg

I can't believe I didn't buy Lego LotR and Scribblenauts when they were $7.5 on Amazon.

What was I thinking?

Wasn't that at Christmas though? I remember picking up Scribblenauts but was really kicking myself for not getting Lego: LofR (the day after all 3 were on tv here back-to-back). Though says it all that I've only mustered 2 mins of Scribblenauts.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
In my defense, I was still in the poor student category at that time and I thought they would put them on sale at the same price eventually.

I got a job, but I'm still waiting for the sale :(
They'll hit 75% off again eventually; it's only been about five months since they came out. I'm too lazy to look up Dogg's research post but the "explosive price collapse within 2 months" thing only really applies to AAA games from Eidos (and maybe some DDDejobaan games).

HoosTrax

Scribblenauts was a little underwhelming for me to be honest. The core game idea is solid, but it felt like with the puzzle solutions, they didn't leave much in the way for creative solutions. It might as well have been a platformer game with a chainsaw, jetpack, and shotgun in your inventory.

Also, using adjectives to solve puzzles felt cheap and not very satisfying.

Dr Dogg

There really needs to be a feature where other users can vote to submit spoiler tags on other peoples images. Out of about 50 odd chaps on my friends list only about 5 of them are tagging there blatant spoilery images in BS:I. Just a little button at the bottom so other people can say this image is a spoiler and if a certain percentage over a voting threshold (say 60% over 10 votes) is made apply a spoiler tag. I'd gladly accept your offer of employment Valve for my groundbreaking ideas.
Yep not fucking likely.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
lolnpl26.jpg

:p
:'(

I promise never to call her Dobby again.

Legolas is OK?

The lack of an Easter or Spring Break sale on Steam is mind-boggling. All the great
well above average lately
sales are in the second half of the year. Why not do something in late March/early April?

Dr Dogg

In an ideal world it would be a Steam sales day every day but lets be honest there's only so many games that can go on sale and only so many game you can buy. Well excluding Joe Molotov and JaseC of course.

JaseC

The lack of an Easter or Spring Break sale on Steam is mind-boggling. All the great
well above average lately
sales are in the second half of the year. Why not do something in late March/early April?

The Indie Sale was a nice surprise. (It would've been nicer if I had more money to spend!)

In an ideal world it would be a Steam sales day every day but lets be honest there's only so many games that can go on sale and only so many game you can buy. Well excluding Joe Molotov and JaseC of course.

I dreamt the other night that EA brought its more recent titles to Steam and this coincided with an EA-specific sale. I awoke disappointed. :( (Granted, the non-Steam EA games I actually want I already have on Origin: The Saboteur, The Saboteur and The Saboteur.)

Oh, and last but not least:
this is how you spell JaseC's name: http://youtu.be/Lxb7udMefeY?t=10s

fuckin gibberish

tumblr_mkh1uzuq8h1r2srhyo2_r1_250.gif

(I knew there was something I forgot to do when I replied earlier.)

Relax.MX

This thread need more Don Ramon and less Saoirse Ronan talk

GTA complete pack is $15, worth it or not?(mainly 4)

Is 12.49usd here if you want(or other here) send me a PM

Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
-75%
$29.99
$7.49 USD

Grand Theft Auto IV
-75%
$19.99
$4.99 USD

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
-75%
$19.99
$4.99 USD

Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack
DATOS DEL PAQUETE -75%
$49.99
$12.49 USD

JaseC

Speaking of GTAIV, here the Complete Edition is $7.49, which is the same price as EFLC on its own or $5 less than GTAIV on its own. Nice job on the Aussie Tax consistency, R*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom