• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You guys better do your part and buy Defiance. That game is a real gem.

Oh, bugger, after BioInf reached its end goal I completely forgot I was keeping an eye on Defiance's progress bar. Well, what I can say is that as of the 18th it was at 29% of Reward 1, an increase of 25% over 11 days, and now, ~12 days thereafter, all the tiers have unlocked. Not bad for a game that only recently cracked the Top 10...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This thread need more Don Ramon and less Saoirse Ronan talk

Is 12.49usd here if you want(or other here) send me a PM

Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
-75%
$29.99
$7.49 USD

Grand Theft Auto IV
-75%
$19.99
$4.99 USD

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
-75%
$19.99
$4.99 USD

Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack
DATOS DEL PAQUETE -75%
$49.99
$12.49 USD
$9.37 over here for the complete pack. Rockstar loves us southerns.

zychi

Banned
Guys, I need help deciding what game to play next. I crossed out multiplayer games, and games I've beaten but still want to get through some of the dlc.

ggiiUdO.png

I need a PC game to play with my handheld games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys, I need help deciding what game to play next. I crossed out multiplayer games, and games I've beaten but still want to get through some of the dlc.

ggiiUdO.png

If you can stomach the monotonous combat, Alan Wake is an enjoyable romp -- not to mention it looks fantastic on the PC (it's sub-HD on the X360).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I just finished XCOM and that shit is tight. But the whole list is pretty fucking solid. Close your eyes and click.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

ggiiUdO.png

Spec Ops if you want to shoot some stuff
and feel bad afterwards
. The Walking Dead if you want to experience a great narrative.

EDIT: fucking beaten. 28 Posts Later, you have a damn good taste.

Dr Dogg

http://i.imgur.com/ggiiUdO.png[IMG]
I need a PC game to play with my handheld games.[/QUOTE]

Right lets see...

Alan Wake
Binary Domain
Fallout: NV
Sleepy Dawgs
Spec Ops: The Line

Can't go wrong with any of them.

Tomodachi

Really SteamGAF? No one suggesting Dark Souls? I am disappoint.

For fucks sake Jecht, you could've marked that Bioshock screenshot as a spoiler.

So glad I disabled all screenshots on the steam activity tab.

Tomodachi

Does it have epic narrative twists like Spec Ops and TWD???

I mean if he wants a really refined list it's:
-Dark Souls
-FO: New Vegas
-XCOM
-DX: Human Revolutions
-Super Meat Boy
Nice choices, I would have added Sleeping Dogs, but that's probably because I'm a sucker for Wei Shen motherfucker!
Dark Souls is more of something you need to take your time with versus beat and delete.

True enough, but he never specified the kind of entertainment he was looking for :p

I'm trying to make him play a good game, yo.

Eeeeek!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So... Do people like the combat in Grimrock? I just deleted it after my third attempt to play the game. I love the way it looks, the puzzles are fun to solve, making your own party is awesome, but circle strafing like a fool and dancing back and forth to awkwardly poke while trying to read enemy tells is kind of obnoxious. I wish this was more like Etrian Odyssey or something. I almost feel like I'm missing the point of what they're going for.

Turned based combat or no combat at all would have been preferable.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
What separates it from the hundreds of other MMOs? Besides the price tag that is.

It's basically a third person shooter with MMO trappings rather than a game that relies on the style of MMO combat I don't like. I really enjoyed the beta and that's as someone who really doesn't like MMOs very much despite trying a good few. It's good fun to get into a ruckus with a lot of enemies and have lots of people join in since it's a persistent world.

The quests so far are still the same style of MMO 'kill this' 'protect that' 'destroy these 3 towers' etc so from what I've seen so far you won't be getting any deep questlines but it was the beta and I can't say for sure how the full game will play out. It's mainly the core gamplay I find very enjoyable. It won't be giving the best third person shooters out there any trouble but the beta grew on me the more I played it getting better/more unique weapons. Hell I got more time out of the beta (6 - 7 hours) than I did out of other shooters before deciding to leave it and wait for full retail.

I'm not sure it'll change anyones mind who doesn't like the structure of MMOs, from what I've seen of it, but I had fun just shooting shit in PvE and PvP and look forward to running about a big world.

Here's a 'beginners guide' should you fancy taking a look. I'm personally not playing it to be super serious or anything, just to rake around in and have a bit of fun :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTtup_5yk-Y&feature=share&list=PLmq6szzU0apE1nPj-yMVO3Z_kdZE-eO6h

Enco

The quests so far are still the same style of MMO 'kill this' 'protect that' 'destroy these 3 towers' etc so from what I've seen so far you won't be getting any deep questlines but it was the beta and I can't say for sure how the full game will play out. It's mainly the core gamplay I find very enjoyable. It won't be giving the best third person shooters out there any trouble but the beta grew on me the more I played it getting better/more unique weapons. Hell I got more time out of the beta (6 - 7 hours) than I did out of other shooters before deciding to leave it and wait for full retail.
And like that, any interest vanishes.

So... Do people like the combat in Grimrock? I just deleted it after my third attempt to play the game. I love the way it looks, the puzzles are fun to solve, making your own party is awesome, but circle strafing like a fool and dancing back and forth to awkwardly poke while trying to read enemy tells is kind of obnoxious. I wish this was more like Etrian Odyssey or something. I almost feel like I'm missing the point of what they're going for.
The nasty combat is the thing that prevented me from further playing it. Like you said, everything else is awesome, atmosphere, puzzles, setting. But combat really sours things up for me.

Zia

$7.50 seemed cheap enough for me to try and overcome Arkham City's grotesque character designs, but then I saw that the game uses GFWL and SecuROM. Jesus.

Grief.exe

$7.50 seemed cheap enough for me to try and overcome Arkham City's grotesque character designs, but then I saw that the game uses GFWL and SecuROM. Jesus.

Ya. I want the game, but they really don't deserve my money.

There is evidence they might be removing GFWL from Arkham Asylum, or, at the very least, adding Steamworks.

AA achievements popped up in the database.
Mortal Kombat is looking to be Steamworks.
GFWL is unofficially dead.

We can dream.

Relax.MX

The are game worth of a sacrifice..both Batman are one of them

Do it.. Great games

Ya. I want the game, but they really don't deserve my money.

There is evidence they might be removing GFWL from Arkham Asylum, or, at the very least, adding Steamworks.

AA achievements popped up in the database.
Mortal Kombat is looking to be Steamworks.
GFWL is unofficially dead.

We can dream.

Is there precedence for this? Have any other titles had the GFWL requirement removed in the past?

FloatOn

7 hours into Bioshock Infinite....

and I can't help but agree with Evilore. Which isn't to say I'm not have a decent enough time. It's just ehhhh.... I dunno, I have some semi-serious issues with the gameplay. I hope the ending is as amazing as you people say it is.

Nabs

just bought gta4, and when i go to launch it it says Steam Error failed to contact key server . wtf anybody have this.

The game is too popular and ran out of keys. Give 'em a bit to add more.

I wonder why I never finished GTAIV...

Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Games for Windows Live)
Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (SecuROM)
Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Rockstar Social Club)

Oh yeah.

HoosTrax

I never finished it because it's a boring ass game. I spent the first hour playing chaffeur before tossing it aside. Then I discovered SR3, and any remaining desire to give GTA IV another shot went out the window.

Elixist

The game is too popular and ran out of keys. Give 'em a bit to add more.

Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Games for Windows Live)
Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (SecuROM)
Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Rockstar Social Club)

Oh yeah.

lol. it was 12 bucks for the complete pack i was like fuk it. i had it on day one 360, biggest disappointment ever for me, but im willing to give it another shot with teh graphix.

esai

lol. it was 12 bucks for the complete pack i was like fuk it. i had it on day one 360, biggest disappointment ever for me, but im willing to give it another shot with teh graphix.

i bought the complete pack too. ive never played a gta title before.

EDIT: and now im getting this in my library. im assuming its the mac version?
j6oD9osc2dGAZ.png

it really messes up my grid view...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom