• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
i bought the complete pack too. ive never played a gta title before.

EDIT: and now im getting this in my library. im assuming its the mac version?
j6oD9osc2dGAZ.png

it really messes up my grid view...

Yeah, it's the Mac version. Just add a custom grid icon to avoid the blank icon.

Anyone here using a multi-monitor setup? I have a question about using fullscreen in games on only one monitor, could somebody help me for a moment? :lol

esai

Yeah, it's the Mac version. Just add a custom grid icon.

Anyone here using a multi-monitor setup? I have a question about using fullscreen in games on only one monitor, could somebody help me for a moment? :lol

i will, but ill have doubles =(. damn you steam.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The game is too popular and ran out of keys. Give 'em a bit to add more.

I wonder why I never finished GTAIV...

Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Games for Windows Live)
Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (SecuROM)
Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Rockstar Social Club)

Oh yeah.
Rockstar should have also added Tages. As it stands now, it lacks some more DRM. Perhaps throw a little Starforce too, to make it even more tasty?

MNC

7 hours into Bioshock Infinite....

and I can't help but agree with Evilore. Which isn't to say I'm not have a decent enough time. It's just ehhhh.... I dunno, I have some semi-serious issues with the gameplay. I hope the ending is as amazing as you people say it is.

I'm having an absolute blast with the gameplay. Putting aside the fact that 'you're killing loads of people/civilians' whatever. What is it that you don't like?

Grief.exe

I'm having an absolute blast with the gameplay. Putting aside the fact that 'you're killing loads of people/civilians' whatever. What is it that you don't like?

Chekpoint system.
Bullet Sponge Enemies.
Artificial Lengthening.

Its an amazing game, but there are relevant arguments about the gameplay.

i bought the complete pack too. ive never played a gta title before.

EDIT: and now im getting this in my library. im assuming its the mac version?
j6oD9osc2dGAZ.png

it really messes up my grid view...

RPKOJ55.jpg

1-D_FTW

It's pretty crappy that they won't sell us the DLC anymore.

Kind of puts a smile on my face that they mistakenly 75 percent offed it the first day of the Holiday sale (before pulling it permanently). That said, I wasn't the biggest fan of it. Little too locked in a room, fight a bunch of baddies, rinse and repeat for me. Definitely not as good as the two mainline games.

Dr Dogg

Well, you still get a playing status.

Yeah but you get called out for being a "Dirty Rat". I was playing System Shock 2 earlier and got a message asking when did that become available then my mate noticed it said "(Non Steam Game)" and said why did I add it. Can't win with some people.

batteryLeakage

Neo Member
Does anyone know if GTA Episodes from Liberty City still has limited activations? I can't see anything about it on the page; all I see is that it still has Securom.

Grief.exe

Just got finished building a new system.

What was the recommended program for moving steam files?

If you are moving your files from your old system to your new one, Steam has a back up/restore function that will work just fine.

Steam > Backup and Restore Games... > Backup Currently Installed Programs

Then you just need to transfer those backups to your new system and restore them.

Deques

If you are moving your files from your old system to your new one, Steam has a back up/restore function that will work just fine.

Steam > Backup and Restore Games... > Backup Currently Installed Programs

Then you just need to transfer those backups to your new system and restore them.

I did that once, didn't work. I had to redownload everything

FloatOn

Chekpoint system.
Bullet Sponge Enemies.
Artificial Lengthening.

Its an amazing game, but there are relevant arguments about the gameplay.

This plus:

Regenerating shield
Limiting you to 2 guns at a time
Removal of ammo types

Guns themselves being relatively standard FPS fare as opposed to the mostly atypical weapons found in 2.

For as amazing as the environment and story is, I would have hoped for more unique gameplay.

Mordeccai

GAF, is Absolution worth it for 10$? Blood Money was probably my favorite game growing up and I watched a friend play the first two levels and it seemed... alright. I got the impression that the camouflage system was a bit borked but overall it looked ok from an hour of watching.

Kabouter

GAF, is Absolution worth it for 10$? Blood Money was probably my favorite game growing up and I watched a friend play the first two levels and it seemed... alright. I got the impression that the camouflage system was a bit borked but overall it looked ok from an hour of watching.

You have no idea how old I feel right now.

Mordeccai

Yeah, pretty much 14 year old me back then was blown away by that game, especially the level with the house party where you have to kill the wife and the clown guy would come around... must have played that level for 7 or 8 hours combined haha.

I was using piano wire and stuffing bodies in dumpsters before I knew how to use Google or what a 'job' was. So if Absolution is gonna sully those great memories, I'd rather steer clear.

Polk

The game is too popular and ran out of keys. Give 'em a bit to add more.

I wonder why I never finished GTAIV...

Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Games for Windows Live)
Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (SecuROM)
Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Rockstar Social Club)

Oh yeah.
Rockstar Social Club isn't required since some patch ago.
I'm not sure if you don't need it to install though.

Mordeccai

You know, the first game I remember playing as a kid was probably Chuck Yeager's Air Combat with my father, and after that the game I played first by myself was probably Roller Coaster Tycoon one. (Edit: I take this back, I played a SHIT LOAD of Freddi Fish and Putt Putt)

But definitely Blood Money, Republic Commando, SWG, Battlefront and Rainbow 6 3 Raven Shield were my staples as a wee lad.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You liked Blood Money that much? Run, run and never look back.

Derrick01

Banned

If you liked blood money that much then chances are you'll be disgusted by Absolution. It's one of the best examples this gen of a game dumbed down for the mainstream console crowd.

StuBurns

Banned
Hi GAF, I have a code for a free Portal 2, but the thing is, you need the PS3 game to redeem it I think. But if anyone here wants it, they're more than welcome.

Dr Dogg

That worked thanks. :)

Copy and pasted my Nexus Mod info for Fallout 3 too, and it saved all my Mods, configurations, and saved data. :)

Yeah Steam seams to do some wonderful things with how it handles folders. I made a backup of New Vegas and installed on a different PC and had every single mod installed and ready to go. Same thing happened with Mass Effect 2 and dlc.

Nymerio

Woah, that BioShock: Infinite is beautiful. I didn't like the first game that much, there was just something off about the gameplay that prevented me from playing longer, but this game is amazing. So many pretty set pieces. And Elizabeth is pretty cool as well. I love it.

I have the urgence recently to play Bioshock, the first one.

Need to score a copy fast in the gift site, after all we seem to be swiming in an ocean of Bioshocks recently. I wonder why? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom