• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
It's funny how TF2 takes a long ass time to launch.

WTF is Steam doing, checking all the files?

Actually, yes.

There is a common bug where TF2 verifies game cache every time you try to launch it. It's supposed to be fixed when the SteamPipe file conversion happens which was supposed to be in a few weeks but Valve time lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
Also

Soon
please, son

C43B73985FF4F3B362266B3852A010344E2B0029

Actually, yes.

There is a common bug where TF2 verifies game cache every time you try to launch it. It's supposed to be fixed when the SteamPipe file conversion happens which was supposed to be in a few weeks but Valve time lol.

That was supposed to be fixed in a few weeks... a few months ago.

FYC

Banned
To anyone who's played the AC2 deluxe edition, how are the bonus map? "Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard"

I have it on PS3 but rebought it on Steam since it was 5 bucks and had bonus content.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm replaying Blood Money and yikes, it did not age well. Controls like crap, shooting is awful, and man I forgot how bad (and racist) the tutorial was. I'm still looking forward to replaying some of those awesome levels (suburbs, retirement home, mardi gras, wedding) though

Kinda glad I didnt get 47 and Hitman 2, can't even imagine how bad they are now

Why are you shooting in blood money?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To anyone who's played the AC2 deluxe edition, how are the bonus map? "Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard"

I have it on PS3 but rebought it on Steam since it was 5 bucks and had bonus content.

Short and sweet. They're Templar lairs, which are similar to Assassin tombs, only with the additional presence of guards. Arsenal Shipyard, however, has a scripting bug that, if encountered, will require a restart of the level -- and in typical Ubi fashion, it was never patched.

FYC

Banned
Short and sweet. They're Templar lairs, which are similar to Assassin tombs, only with the additional presence of guards. Arsenal Shipyard, however, has a scripting bug that, if encountered, will require a restart of the level -- and in typical Ubi fashion, it was never patched.

Darn. Oh well, more good content for my favorite game this gen makes me happy. Thanks.

JaseC

Darn. Oh well, more good content for my favorite game this gen makes me happy. Thanks.

I remember complaining about the bug here on GAF, but I can't find my post. IIRC, you chase a guard at the end of the level, and if you don't kill him before he alerts the others waiting at the end, the ability to interact with the exit won't be triggered.

Cade

I already have it. It still feels like those games, and in particular one game, is staring me straight in the face.

It isn't like you can hide a category. And sometimes categories seem to un-collapse on their own, anyway. Even if I try to get them out of sight by putting them in a category, they aren't, because even if I don't see the games, I see the category.

There ought to be a way to simply hide a game from one's library. But there isn't, which is why I want it removed. I won't miss it. I'll be glad to have it gone.

It sounds like there is something wrong with the system that once you buy a game, you're stuck with it forever.

If that's the case, I may just create a whole new account or abandon Steam altogether. I don't to put up with my DD library being a nasty place. My Steam library should be my happy place. A library full of good stuff I'm happy to open up.

Though that would mean buying the games I love all over again. And I don't think that would be worth it. It might be best to just abandon Steam altogether.

You can change it from All Games to Installed, which will, indeed, hide categories that don't have any games installed in them.

Salsa

Cloving stop giving away games to make up for spoiling Bioshock Infinite to the entirety of NeoGAF

we can all see right through it, it's sad

Grief.exe

Actually, yes.

I actually have two Steam installations right now because of TF2.

I have one on my SSD, and one in my storage drive that has TF2.

I can actually play all the games I have installed on my storage drive via my second Steam installation because of the way I have the directories set up.

When the update comes I'll just delete everything from that folder except Steamapps and then reinstall TF2 from my SSD Steam installation.

K' Dash

Hi Steam GAF, I'm having a little problem and I'm hoping someone here can help me, I just "upgraded" to Win 8, I made a fresh install of Steam and replaced the Steamapps folder with the one with all my games, no problem so far, but here it comes:

Now when I try to start any game it seems that there's a file missing, a .dll or something else, I don't know, I'm I screwed?, is this a common problem? is there a way to fix it? I've seen people playing almost anything on Win 8, so it never crossed my mind that it would give me trouble :(

JaseC

Now when I try to start any game it seems that there's a file missing, a .dll or something else, I don't know, I'm I screwed?, is this a common problem? is there a way to fix it? I've seen people playing almost anything on Win 8, so it never crossed my mind that it would give me trouble :(

Look in the game's installation folder for a redist/prerequisites folder or equivalent and install the stuff therein.

K' Dash

Look in the game's installation folder for a redist/prerequisites folder or equivalent and install the stuff therein.

OK, I made every game work, but I had to spend A LOT of time googling my problem, this is what I get for upgrading to this new OS, anyway.

For anyone having .dll and other files lost after upgrading to Windows 8, just download this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...=mscom_en_us_search_mssuggests_131z4enus22051

and it will solve all your problems, all my games are working perfectly after installing that directx runtime.

ArjanN

Duke Nukem Forever?

There's nothing on Steam worth being that upset about. I have Duke Nukem Forever on Steam because after all this time I wanted to see what it was like even if it was bad, and it was just a very dated, mediocre FPS.

I have several other bad games on Steam and it's no big deal. Sometimes you take a chance on a game or you get caught up in hype, and it turns out you don't like it. Just accept it as a learning experience and then go play something that you do enjoy.

There's way too much fun to be had with games to waste time on minor annoyances.

Actually, yes.

I hope the SteamPipe conversion happens soon. I want to install TF2 but only on my secondary SSD and I don't want to use Steam Mover to do it.

Mogwai

I couldn't resist buying the sale on Arkham City GOTY for 7,5€. I don't have a wired gamepad, so I'm hoping it works out with M/KB. Otherwise I probably have to get a controller even though they go for 40€ place where its in stock.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I couldn't resist buying the sale on Arkham City GOTY for 7,5€. I don't have a wired gamepad, so I'm hoping it works out with M/KB. Otherwise I probably have to get a controller even though they go for 40€ place where its in stock.

It works perfectly, played through it with MKB and I had no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom