• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
No way someone doesn't like BoI.
Just the fact that it's written (poorly) in Flash takes it down like seven notches in my book. No native controller support. No hardware acceleration. Loads of bugs and glitches because Flash basically can't handle the huge number of assets used to create the game. Flash's inking looks like shit. List goes on. It actually irritates the hell out of me that what looks like a great game is crippled because of how it was written.

...I'm not even sure I'll even play my copy of BoI until the non-Flash remake hits, honestly! I wish I'd just held out and not bought it because it was announced really soon after I caved :(

Wok

Just the fact that it's written (poorly) in Flash takes it down like seven notches in my book. No native controller support. No hardware acceleration. Loads of bugs and glitches because Flash basically can't handle the huge number of assets used to create the game. Flash's inking looks like shit. List goes on. It actually irritates the hell out of me that what looks like a great game is crippled because of how it was written.

...I'm not even sure I'll even play my copy of BoI until the non-Flash remake hits, honestly! I wish I'd just held out and not bought it because it was announced really soon after I caved :(

If you play it on a powerful computer, you don't feel Flash, and the game gets playable.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
1024x576.resizedimage

HAH!
I'm 3rd. Not too bad, eh.

Different strokes.

If I had the poor sense to buy Duke Nukem Forever, you can absolutely bet I would be dying to get it off of my library and feel that it taints in my library. Fortunetly I would never make that mistake because I already know what Duke Nukem is and know I hate the franchise.

I cannot stand franchises like Duke Nukem and do not want them anywhere near my library. In fact, I would pay to have them away from my library instead of on it. It is worth money to keep crap like Duke Nukem out of my sight and out of my mind. Staying away from things like Duke Nukem has monetary value.
I... can't believe this post was ever made.

One of my mates from my uni days made a new account for every game he and his siblings bought together. That way they could split the costs of the game without restricting access to only one person at a time like having a shared account would.

Pretty clever, but too much effort and inconvenient for me. Could save a lot of money that way though. Last I checked they had something like 200 accounts.

MRORANGE

One of my mates from my uni days made a new account for every game he and his siblings bought together. That way they could split the costs of the game without restricting access to only one person at a time like having a shared account would.

Pretty clever, but too much effort and inconvenient for me. Could save a lot of money that way though. Last I checked they had something like 200 accounts.

I can imagine their conversations:

Small brother: so whats the password for Call of Duty 4?

Big brother: SAF4G424HHSH

Small brother: nah that's the bad rats account.

Twinduct

I actually did this with a friend, although mostly just so I can buy him games to play co-op with.

I can imagine their conversations:

Small brother: so whats the password for Call of Duty 4?

Big brother: SAF4G424HHSH

Small brother: nah that's the bad rats account.

They used to have the same password for every account, with the account name in the format:

[username][gamename]

e.g. 420blazeCOD4, 420blazeCSS, 420blazeFM11, etc

He used to keep an Excel file of all his games and usernames on Google Docs.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
If anyone wants Super Hexagon for free, I've got a copy sitting in my inventory. PM me with your steam profile and it's yours...but it seems like everyone has it already.

I even posted about it in the RTTP thread and no one messaged me!

Gone~

Phinor

Steam redeemable code?

Just to confirm, it does give Steam redeemable code.

Also it doesn't start at all, usual atioglxx.dll bullshit. And on the same day I spend hours trying to get KotOR2 to run with same error.

edit: Well goddammit, I have Catalyst 13.3 Beta 2 drivers, here's something beta 3 drivers fix: "Resolves OpenGL application issues seen with the AMD Catalyst 13.3 Beta2 driver"

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of which, I really want Duke Nukem + or whatever it's called. Is only the Steam version upgraded? GOG also has it but it's not clear if it has all the stuff from the new patch.
I think only the Steam version has the native OpenGL stuff without the need for external mods, a la EDuke32, and it also comes with 3 extra episodes/campaigns.

Sober

I need more friends on Steam with Super Hexagon to populate my leaderboards.

I've mostly been playing it on my phone as a result.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I can only assume that those who have had game removals denied requested so with the implicit understanding that they'd receive a refund, as otherwise the refusals makes no sense; the above makes it quite clear that user-requested cancellations are completely valid.
I didn't. They straight up said they could only delete all the games off my account. (it was actually more of a threat)

Dr Dogg

1024x576.resizedimage

HAH! HAH!

I was on 20 secs untill 10 mins ago.. some kinda of entity took control of my hand and BAM! Brain damaged for life.

How? You must be able to bend the very fabric of space and time. I swear my laptop is going to be launched into the wall at high velocity very soon. And to think earlier Binary Domain was giving me jip.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
1024x576.resizedimage

HAH! HAH!

I was on 20 secs untill 10 mins ago.. some kinda of entity took control of my hand and BAM! Brain damaged for life.
Fuck YOU!!!!!

I'm curious, what kind of drugs do you need to perform that way? I'd like to buy some :p

Oh, and I just bought GRID and Fuel from GMG. I played a little of the former some time ago and really liked it, and I hope the latter doesn't become boring with the supposedly huge world.

Uiki

How? You must be able to bend the very fabric of space and time. I swear my laptop is going to be launched into the wall at high velocity very soon. And to think earlier Binary Domain was giving me jip.

Seriously..i don't fucking know how.

I was around 20/30 secs.

Nanomachines, I guess.

And the funny thing is that I do worse in normal hexagon.

I can't believe someone is talking about abandoning an entire library of 300+ games and starting over because it's got a few bad games in it. I'm pretty OCD, and that's probably one of the craziest things that even I've ever heard of.

There must be a serious internal conflict going on where seeing some words on your screen is more painful to you then throwing away such a large financial and personal investment. Not just in terms of money spent on the games either, because who knows maybe you're rich, but the time you've put into the games, all your saves, achievements, friends, etc.

Not trying to sound rude by saying this (honestly), but maybe you should consider some therapy of some kind, because if seeing words on your screen affects you that much, then this is not the least of the issues you're going to experience later in life, and you'd be better off facing the problem and trying to resolve it.

Dr Dogg

Fuck YOU!!!!!

I'm curious, what kind of drugs do you need to perform that way? I'd like to buy some :p

Oh, and I just bought GRID and Fuel from GMG. I played a little of the former some time ago and really liked it, and I hope the latter doesn't become boring with the supposedly huge world.

GRID's really underrated. I enjoyed it when it came out. Been tempted by FUEL but put off for the sames reasons you sound to be having reservations about.

Seriously..i don't fucking know how.

I was around 20/30 secs.

Nanomachines, I guess.

And the funny thing is that I do worse in normal hexagon.

Well I doft my metaphorical cap to you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom