• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Jesus, the new Hitman game is terrible, it honestly feels too much like Splinter Cell: Conviction

That's because it borrowed similar streamlined elements from it and they spent more time tweaking the animation and combat then coming up with creative stealth elements and level design.

Both of them bombed pretty good too. We'll see if they learn their lesson next time unlike Ubisoft.

tmarques

That's because it borrowed similar streamlined elements from it and they spent more time tweaking the animation and combat then coming up with creative stealth elements and level design.

Conviction has to be the worst game I played this generation. Which was shocking because I walked in with lowered expectations. I just assumed people were overreacting. Won't make that mistake with Absolution.

And still... There's something fascinating about a relatively new game for 8 bucks... must... resist...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
There has to be someone to try the game anyway.

Does someone want to try Epic Solitaire by Subsoap? Warning: you may need to create a second Steam account if you dislike the game.

I already have the game, so My cousing is trying to get it. However, it's giving me "site overload" excuses.

I say it's all an april's fools joke!

Edit: Oh no, Wario tweeted it. They're probably all gone.

Edit 2: Got one! In your face Wario! (what? :p)

Pandemic

Sorry if this is the wrong area, but I ordered above the average on the Humble Bundle website for the four games, yet they only sent me two of the four games..?

Anyone know why?

HoosTrax

It's Android only, you don't get Steam keys.
Humble Bundle has an Android app that's kind of like Steam-lite; it streamlines downloading any Humble Android games you own. Maybe not all of the games are showing up for him/her. I didn't buy this particular bundle since none of the games have PC versions as well, so I have no idea what the problem could be (or why he asking in this thread...).

I'm kind of curious why Anomaly Korea has no PC version. Kind of enjoyed the first game.

Pandemic

It's Android only, you don't get Steam keys.

Humble Bundle has an Android app that's kind of like Steam-lite; it streamlines downloading any Humble Android games you own. Maybe not all of the games are showing up for him/her. I didn't buy this particular bundle since none of the games have PC versions as well, so I have no idea what the problem could be (or why he asking in this thread...).

I'm kind of curious why Anomaly Korea has no PC version. Kind of enjoyed the first game.

I'm referring to this promotion,
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sorry if this is the wrong area, but I ordered above the average on the Humble Bundle website for the four games, yet they only sent me two of the four games..?

Anyone know why?

Are you sure the average didn't go up between when you loaded the site and you typed the amount in, and then you didn't notice when the average went up two centS?

I know that has happened to me. I think you can add on top of your original purchase on the Humble Bundle website and then get the unlocks afterwards.

Just double check on your account/profile page.

Cheddahz

Banned

Both of them bombed pretty good too. We'll see if they learn their lesson next time unlike Ubisoft.

My friend, who is a big Hitman fan, told me that the new Hitman felt like the older ones, so of course I believe him and I get the game. The game doesn't really require stealth as the game tells you that you can play the game your way, but the game always throws guns your way and wants you to just shoot everything up and perform that "point target shooting" mechanic, which honestly is a stab in the back to older Hitman games

I really don't see how Square Enix allowed Hitman to be ruined like this, the stealth mechanics worked great in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and it sold a good amount of copies, but no, of course Square Enix thinks that the average gamer wants to play a shooting game where you are given a gun and told to shoot everything

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Did you check your download page? You should have 2 keys, one for the base games and one for the BTA games.

Also, yes: Maybe you got two keys: One for the first two games and another one for the other two games.

Humble Bundle keys are usually packed and not individual.

Pandemic

Did you check your download page? You should have 2 keys, one for the base games and one for the BTA games.

If you follow the link from your email you should see keys for the two BTA games below the keys for the two other games. Are you sure you paid above $6.65? Is it possible you paid the minimum BTA and the average increased just before you inputted your amount?

Oh, didn't see the ''steam keys'' part via the email, only saw the downloads for the soundtracks.

Yeah, I got five keys for the games. Thanks for the quick responses, much appreciated.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, I'm not experienced in/a fan of turn based games either, so I'm in the same shoes as you. Looks interesting though.
It's a lot of fun and I thought it did a really great job of teaching the mechanics (which feel pretty damn deep).

Also, the director of the game, Jake Solomon, is like the most affable dev I have ever seen in a video.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
From the perspective of someone who doesn't enjoy turn-based strategy games and hadn't bothered with the series prior, I thought it was incredible.

Seconded. I like some turned based games, but I don't do much strategy. I've only gotten into fringe games like Valkyria Chronicles. But XCom owns and everyone should play it.

Let me tell you a secret: Most people don't care.

Most people don't care if they have 100, 200 or 548 Steam games...

rBkeaL6.jpg

Creepy...

Made another £6 in 2 minutes by listing my TF2 items just a 1p below the market price. Sales within 2 minutes. Getting out of the market before the inevitable crash and prices come tumbling down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I didn't. They straight up said they could only delete all the games off my account. (it was actually more of a threat)

If you're so inclined, submit a ticket and quote the SSA. It's all right there that subscriptions (or more accurately, keys) can be terminated individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom