• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Fun fact: I have 3 steam accounts

I actually have like an 8 year old Steam account with just Half Life 2 and Counter Strike somewhere

when it was time to take Steam more seriously I couldnt remember the password and the email adress I had for it had been shut down, so I just made a new account.

Wee, I love my new Steam account. I feel great. It's like I'm in love with Steam all over again.

I can't be giving other people my account, that's a dangerous security risk. Sorry. If they ever allow people to trade away games on your account maybe I'll give away some of the games I dislike and trade some others.

All right, now to go back to doing something I used to be doing. Looking for some good skins. I like the last one. But I'm looking for a modern skin that works with the new Beta but comes in a light color.

Light blue, light pink, light yellow, light green, I don't care. But I want my Steam to be a light color. And I'm using the brand new Beta version of Steam for the grid customization. Anyone have any recommendations?

zychi

Banned
i added a few people from this thread, it comes up as zychi. just an fyi to people wondering who the hell wants to be friends with them.

Uiki

1024x576.resizedimage

Ok. Something is seriously wrong with my brain today.

I can't believe someone is talking about abandoning an entire library of 300+ games and starting over because it's got a few bad games in it. I'm pretty OCD, and that's probably one of the craziest things that even I've ever heard of.

There must be a serious internal conflict going on where seeing some words on your screen is more painful to you then throwing away such a large financial and personal investment. Not just in terms of money spent on the games either, because who knows maybe you're rich, but the time you've put into the games, all your saves, achievements, friends, etc.

Not trying to sound rude by saying this (honestly), but maybe you should consider some therapy of some kind, because if seeing words on your screen affects you that much, then this is not the least of the issues you're going to experience later in life, and you'd be better off facing the problem and trying to resolve it.

I don't even want to know how much I would "lose" if I abandoned my account. It seems silky to me too. They should add an option to hide stuff or simply remove it. Eh whatever.

Salsa

The quest is to find me a new skin.

Please and thank you.

dont tell me what to do sir

I will find your account and I will gift you the prohibited game

im gonna fuck your OCD from the inside out, only way to fix it

just wait till I find your house and sligthly move around your retail boxes

Tomodachi

XD

Actually.... i play a lot better when i'm talking to someone. Don't ask me why.

That's normal, the less you think about the game the better. You have to enter what psychology would call a dissociative state.
Also, it always amazes me the incredible adaptive brain ability that this game shows off, have you tried playing for 5 minutes at a harder difficulty mode, then coming back to the easier one and making like 10 seconds better on your last record? Game seems so much slower too when you do.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't do it. Whenever I beat a previous record and hear that woman saying "Excellent" I lose it, start getting extremely nervous and hit a wall soon after. Happened to me a minute ago after reaching 41:10 on Hexagonest, and then again at 23:41 of Hyper Hexagon.

Also, my mom told me a couple of days ago that the game would drive me crazy, after seeing the weird colors and patterns of Hyper Hexagoner. Should I be worried? xD

That's normal, the less you think about the game the better. You have to enter what psychology would call a dissociative state.
Also, it always amazes me the incredible adaptive brain ability that this game shows off, have you tried playing for 5 minutes at a harder difficulty mode, then coming back to the easier one and making like 10 seconds better on your last record? Game seems so much slower too when you do.
You may be right with that. I decided to do a round without paying attention to the game, so I started singing "Don't stop" by Fleetwood Mac and made it to 33:20 of Hyper Hexagon, until I thought "Wow, this works, I'm doing pretty well" and lost.

This is just like that internet "game", the one where not losing the game means not even thinking about it.

Uiki

I was playing in hyper hexagon only to improve my time in hexagon mode.

It's clearly just an attention ploy. Which is annoying, but whatever.
There's nothing attention grabbing.

I shared my issue with something and it turned out that saying what I did really stirred the pot with many people telling me I have OCD and to seek therapy and ect.

I am not sharing what game it is because that's personal and not many people would agree with me on the reasoning. My reasons for not liking the game are my own and not anyone else's business. What I shouldn't have done is anything pointless like giving anyone any hints.

Anyway, I made the decision to make a new account after a lot of thought and I'm very happy with myself and my decision. It has reinvigorated my love in Steam and PC gaming. And that's what matters. I'm going to be a lot more careful now with that I buy and I'm not going to buy for the sake of buying. Even if that means I never have more than 50 games.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I can't do it. Whenever I beat a previous record and hear that woman saying "Excellent" I lose it, start getting extremely nervous and hit a wall soon after. Happened to me a minute ago after reaching 41:10 on Hexagonest, and then again at 23:41 of Hyper Hexagon.

You can find the sound files within the folder and blank them, I've had a friend do that but I don't mind them.

Dr Dogg

Fucking Super Hexagon! Most frustrating yet addictive game I've 'played' in ages. Funnily I seam to be better if I play one of the faster levels and then scale down. What time do you need to pass to clear regular old wussy Hexagon? Hey start small right?

Uiki

Fucking Super Hexagon! Most frustrating yet addictive game I've 'played' in ages. Funnily I seam to be better if I play one of the faster levels and then scale down. What time do you need to pass to clear regular old wussy Hexagon? Hey start small right?

60 secs to unlock hyper mode.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You can find the sound files within the folder and blank them, I've had a friend do that but I don't mind them.
Nah, that would be cheating. I gotta play by the game's rules.

I finally made it to 49:50 on Hyper Hexagoner. One day I'm gonna beat this SOB, I know it.

I still haven't completed Hegaxonest nor Hyper Hexagon :(

Mogwai

My download for Arkham City GOTY just got finished and I installed the game. Now when I want to launch it, it says that it's missing xlive.dll

Is there something else I need to do? I can't access the Configure Tool either. Seems a bit messed up...

1-D_FTW

I actually have like an 8 year old Steam account with just Half Life 2 and Counter Strike somewhere

when it was time to take Steam more seriously I couldnt remember the password and the email adress I had for it had been shut down, so I just made a new account.

My main account is 8 years old. I have an older account that had all the old games on it. But when I decided I was going to purchase the silver account for HL2, it didn't matter anymore. So I figured there was no need to try and find the old account details. I'd just abandon it. My e-peen got an inch lopped off with that decision.

HoosTrax

Am I the only one who does research's on potentially bad (i.e. ask in this thread) games before buying them?
I end up with bad games sometimes because I listen to people in this thread... (Half Minute Hero, Scribblenauts, and Binary Domain were some of the ones I found underwhelming)

Still cheaper than my previous hobby though (computer hardware, overclocking, watercooling, etc).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I suck at the game. Played it for less than an hour but I'm terrible and finding it hard to want to play it more to get better.
Check out the Steam/YouTube guides. There are some subtle systems in the game. The best players aren't just randomly flailing around hoping to hit something.

Alternatively, find a casual FFA server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom