• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

b7f20b0be9f91765b070ce21aa74d20b.jpg

this is funny right

KingKong

Replaying Blood Money, I forgot just how broken the disguise system is and just how easy the game is once you know what to do. They even go out of their way to make it super easy to get guard uniforms. It's no wonder Absolution changed it, only they were too stupid to have several classes of enemies

A Hitman game with good levels but with Absolutions engine/controls would be really great though

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Replaying Blood Money, I forgot just how broken the disguise system is and just how easy the game is once you know what to do. They even go out of their way to make it super easy to get guard uniforms.

That sounds pretty casual and insulting to anyone who likes intelligent games.

KingKong

That sounds pretty casual and insulting to anyone who likes intelligent games.

? Take the Christmas party for example, you sneak by one guard, go up the elevator and theres a guard sitting with his back to you, take him out put on his uniform and bam you can go anywhere in the level

Same thing with the villa, same thing with the rehab place, the opera, mardi gras

MNC

I suppose it's all down to different people play different games different ways and finish them in different times in a different amount of sessions. I know what you saying but here's a few example just from my own experiences.

BioShock Infinite took me roughly 18 hours to finish and Dishonored around 20. I soaked up every single bit of each of those games and took way longer than what most people list on hltb but due to personal enjoying the experience with both my interest didn't wane.

Where as Halo 3 and ODST both took me around 8 and 6 hours respectively they both bored me to tears and took 5 and 4 years to beat due to not being interested in the world, character or story (well maybe a bit in ODST).

Despite DE:HR taking me 25 hours I couldn't put it down and went and hacked every computer and did every side quest. Portal 2 took me 12 hours and then I went and played it again on PS3 and then in coop. L.A. Noire took me 13 hours on 360 and did it over a weekend and about 18 on PC and I did that in 2 chunks despite having being a game with little to no replay value and having played it before.

The length of the game doesn't really make a difference to me but good games I won't notice the time it takes where as bad ones it seams a lot longer. The Steam 'hours played' stat sometimes makes me stop and look. I suppose we all got to find what works for ourselves really.

I think it's finally coming down to developers actually needing to put some effort into a game to keep our interest. Which is, in my opinion, a good thing, and the dozens of standard shooters/platformers that don't do anything new will fade away. I think I'm in the same boat, though I think I'd find Halo 3 interesting to play.

I don't know if this is the spot to write this or not but is anyone interested in splitting the price on the Don't Starve game ? You get two keys for the same price and I can send you the payment beforehand if that is nescessary! If you're interested send me a PM, I have paypal.

Grief.exe

I don't know if this is the spot to write this or not but is anyone interested in splitting the price on the Don't Starve game ? You get two keys for the same price and I can send you the payment beforehand if that is nescessary! If you're interested send me a PM, I have paypal.

Good a place as any.

esai

I'll split it with you if no one beat me to it. I won't be home till later today though

FYC

Banned
To anyone who plays, there was a pretty neat update for Ace of Spades a few days ago. Six new maps, new game mode Occupation, ability to change block colors in classic and various UI / gameplay adjustments. Ace of Spades OT is dead(also I think the OT's for the web browser version instead of the steam / jagex one) and I've seen a few people in this thread say they play, thought I'd mention it.

Crap, Bioshock Infinite's ruined me. I just don't want to play anything else that isn't as 'rich' (for want of a better word). I fired up Dishonoured, but my heart's not in it- there's no cute Goddess to battle alongside me :(

I might have to play the original Bioshock again and try and get it out of my system.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so basically in the last steam update, they broke cache and thats why the store and community take awhile to load.

AkuMifune

Banned
I need something new, like a Fallout type 1st-person RPG in the Shadowrun universe in an open world like Liberty City.

Someone get on that, give me a call.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
To anyone who plays, there was a pretty neat update for Ace of Spades a few days ago. Six new maps, new game mode Occupation, ability to change block colors in classic and various UI / gameplay adjustments. Ace of Spades OT is dead(also I think the OT's for the web browser version instead of the steam / jagex one) and I've seen a few people in this thread say they play, thought I'd mention it.
I was going to give it a go. The game is getting to the point where I can start recommending it to everybody. Whereas before, around launch, it was equal parts fun and broken.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The new one? It was pretty solid. As usual nowhere near as good or replayable as the original but it wasn't insulting to the franchise for a change.
The original X-Com is one of the most uninviting games I've ever played. I think it was literally programmed to hate you.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Zeno Clash 2 pre-order is up.

Only 10% pre-order discount and you get Zeno Clash. That's a bum deal, I wish it would give me an extra discount if I already had Zeno Clash. 15% for the pre-order and another 10% if you already had the game would be a better deal.

ok guys, I have a macbook air and need to find some good games

I am interested in Starcraft or sim city. any ideas?

they dont seem to be available for mac on steam... or itunes for that matter

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ok guys, I have a macbook air and need to find some good games

I am interested in Starcraft or sim city. any ideas?

they dont seem to be available for mac on steam... or itunes for that matter
Blizzard and EA don't use Steam.

Battle.net for Blizzard titles and Origin for EA

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Zeno Clash 2 pre-order is up.

Only 10% pre-order discount and you get Zeno Clash. That's a bum deal, I wish it would give me an extra discount if I already had Zeno Clash. 15% for the pre-order and another 10% if you already had the game would be a better deal.
You could split a 2 pack and end up at $15/per.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom