• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
how come we don't have official steambox discussion thread? Pretty much for every game reveal these days, at the end it says, "coming to PS4 and other next gen consoles." this pretty much confirms steambox right?!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
how come we don't have official steambox discussion thread? Pretty much for every game reveal these days, at the end it says, "coming to PS4 and other next gen consoles." this pretty much confirms steambox right?!

make the thread bro

do it

MNC

Have we seriously had 3 bioshock infinite spoiler threads? What happened to the rest? It cant be renamed threads, this one is just 2 pages.

The "other next gen console" those things are referring to is OUYA, not Steambox.

I keep trying to solo Torchlight II, ultimately get bored, stop playing the game and uninstall it. Should probably stop being lazy and make a Runic account.

Grief.exe

The 'other next gen consoles' is referring to the next Xbox console. The console hasn't been officially announced yet, so developers/publishers are still under an NDA, and can't announce their games are officially coming to the platform yet.

Relax.MX

This is my third post about Oblivion impressions, and I just can't play anymore, first of all I want to say I try to play games like old times when the games dont need to be perfect to have fun, I love RPGs and games with adventure, i don't care about graphics or mechanics... But I hate Oblivion..

I try 15 hrs. I put several mods, I read lore, etc. But nothing.. I just feel like a doll in a very good looking world, like a tech demo of a open world, the gameplay was very archaic in a bad way, the story was meh..I feel bad for don't like the game I never like to leave games without finishing but this.. Im not that strong

This is my third post about Oblivion, and I just can't play anymore, first of all I want to say I try to play games like old times when the games dont need to be perfect to have fun, I love RPGs and games with adventure, i don't care about graphics or mechanics... But I hate Oblivion..

I try 15 hrs. I put several mods, I read lore, etc. But nothing.. I just feel like a doll in very good looking world, like a tech demo of a open world, the gameplay was very archaic, the story was meh..I feel bad for don't like the game I never like leave games without finishing but this.. In not that strong

What really got me was I spent a lot of time rising to the top in the warrior's guild and becoming supreme badass or whatever it is. This was pretty fun.

But then I started the next set of quests and it was like "ok new guy, go fetch me five toad stools and be quick about it". I had a huge guild of fighters at my command ready to die for me at any moment. Now I'm supposed to be out fetching mushrooms by myself?

I stopped playing at this point. Now I just wish there was a way to remove it from my steam profile.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
This is my third post about Oblivion of impressions, and I just can't play anymore, first of all I want to say I try to play games like old times when the games dont need to be perfect to have fun, I love RPGs and games with adventure, i don't care about graphics or mechanics... But I hate Oblivion..

I try 15 hrs. I put several mods, I read lore, etc. But nothing.. I just feel like a doll in very good looking world, like a tech demo of a open world, the gameplay was very archaic, the story was meh..I feel bad for don't like the game I never like leave games without finishing but this.. In not that strong

I warned you! When I played vanilla at release I quite liked a few of the city designs, but the copy pasta dullness of oblivion gates/caves/ruins combined with the level and loot scaling made the game a complete bore. I'm sure it can be decent with enough overhauling & mods, but if I was going to go to the trouble it'd be for Morrowind.

This is my third post about Oblivion impressions, and I just can't play anymore, first of all I want to say I try to play games like old times when the games dont need to be perfect to have fun, I love RPGs and games with adventure, i don't care about graphics or mechanics... But I hate Oblivion..

I try 15 hrs. I put several mods, I read lore, etc. But nothing.. I just feel like a doll in a very good looking world, like a tech demo of a open world, the gameplay was very archaic in a bad way, the story was meh..I feel bad for don't like the game I never like leave games without finishing but this.. Im not that strong

It definitely has its problems but I was able to look past them. Combat was shit, all the dungeons were the same, but there was something about sneaking around castles and lockpicking that I found addictive, but hey its not for everyone.

Relax.MX

I warned you! When I played vanilla at release I quite liked a few of the city designs, but the copy pasta dullness of oblivion gates/caves/ruins combined with the level and loot scaling made the game a complete bore. I'm sure it can be decent with enough overhauling & mods, but if I was going to go to the trouble it'd be for Morrowind.

I know my friend but was my only RPG on my game list in that moment...and i even install Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul, Realistic Leveling, Unofficail Patch, etc. but no..

I remember a lot of positive criticism of console gamers...i just expected more

That's the same bit of gameplay I found to be exciting in Oblivion. That and the Brotherhood quest line being legitimately entertaining.

Of course, I'm playing Geneforge 5 and enjoying lockpicking/mechanics gameplay far more there. It's just a skillcheck but the level design means if you spec for it, and you practice stealth a bit, you get to see and do a lot of stuff you couldn't otherwise. It's almost more like the way Deus Ex was put together. And there are probably other games that do it even better. There isn't a great reason to play Oblivion for that specific gameplay.

Yep, I always play a sniper/archer in every video game and I love when the game has a hard lock you can unlock early when you spec into it and get some sweet loots. Oblivion is bad for this because it is scaled :(

Grief.exe

One of the reasons I am not a fan of Skyrim, they really didn't take much of a step from Oblivion.

The combat is still horrible
Same engine as Morrowind/Oblivion
Dumbed down the RPG mechanics
World and Quests are almost more shallow

Im_Special

I keep trying to solo Torchlight II, ultimately get bored, stop playing the game and uninstall it. Should probably stop being lazy and make a Runic account.

Does one need an Runic account for online for the Steam version of TL2? Or is this just if you get the game from GoG.com or some other place.

Salsa

jGeUJW5NB4AWd.jpg

This is annoying...

Hell Yeah! doesn't work, it shows the first screen with a chainsaw in the lower right corner and then it just crashes. I've tried about everything I found in the steam forums like reinstalling .Net framework and XNA but nothing helps. Same with Penny Arcade Episode 3.

Relax.MX

This is annoying...

Hell Yeah! doesn't work, it shows the first screen with a chainsaw in the lower right corner and then it just crashes. I've tried about everything I found in the steam forums like reinstalling .Net framework and XNA but nothing helps. Same with Penny Arcade Episode 3.

Restart your PC that happen to me last week with a couple of games

Grief.exe

Cross-thread replies, now that's service! THX BRO

Sounds like I could handle it. I ended up enjoying Revelaitons and that was Bullet Sponge: Portable Ops, basically. Not my favorite trope but I'll take it over 1,000 one shot kills with no challenge.

Service with a smile, brought to you by CNN.

I try to be as objective as possible.

Even when I really like a game, I can still see why people like it.

Even when I really dislike a game, I can generally see why people enjoy it. Games that I dislike The Old Republic, Skyrim, etc I can see why people would enjoy those games.

One of the reasons I am not a fan of Skyrim, they really didn't take much of a step from Oblivion.

The combat is still horrible
Same engine as Morrowind/Oblivion
Dumbed down the RPG mechanics
World and Quests are almost more shallow
Tons of things wrong with Skyrim but i chosed to forgive because the sense of exploration was fantastic. However, one i couldn't let pass:

In my first game i manage to be good at every skill i found interesting, killing replay and leveling completly. AMazing the game got released like that.

I really shouldn't bring this topic back up.

But I don't suppose I would get banned from if I hurled explicatives at the developers who made the game I want to get rid from my Steam account, quite notoriously?

I'm a little irritated to the point I don't much care about how people would disagree with my taste here about what game it is I don't like. I want to rant about them and the industry that has produced games like this. I just need a rant right now. Need need need a rant right now. And I'm not thinking of the consequences very clearly.

But I don't want to get banned for cursing out some developers.

esai

not enough attention over the weekend? just tweet at them instead of taunting us without giving the title of the game.

But NeoGAF bans people pretty easily.

I don't want to get caught in that. I want a rant but I want to not be banned ever so slightly more.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

But I don't suppose I would get banned from if I hurled explicatives at the developers who made the game I want to get rid from my Steam account, quite notoriously?

I'm a little irritated to the point I don't much care about how people would disagree with my taste here about what game it is I don't like. I want to rant about them and the industry that has produced games like this. I just need a rant right now. Need need need a rant right now. And I'm not thinking of the consequences very clearly.

... You'll get banned if you post a crazy troll meltdown. You won't get banned for not liking a game, although if you do a bad job of expressing yourself you'll probably get dogpiled. Get some perspective--your first post about needing to purge your account was deep-end material as is, now you're saying you're losing grasp of consequences and desperately needing to rant. Whatever it is, it's a game. You didn't like it. Breathe out.

DarkFlow

Banned
There's nothing attention grabbing.

I shared my issue with something and it turned out that saying what I did really stirred the pot with many people telling me I have OCD and to seek therapy and ect.

I am not sharing what game it is because that's personal and not many people would agree with me on the reasoning. My reasons for not liking the game are my own and not anyone else's business. What I shouldn't have done is anything pointless like giving anyone any hints.

Anyway, I made the decision to make a new account after a lot of thought and I'm very happy with myself and my decision. It has reinvigorated my love in Steam and PC gaming. And that's what matters. I'm going to be a lot more careful now with that I buy and I'm not going to buy for the sake of buying. Even if that means I never have more than 50 games.
Stop being coy about what game it is with the "it's personal" bullshit. You just told now have a game made you freak out and abandon 2 grand worth of games. That is a tad more personal then what the game is. Someone find a mod and have him tell us or ban his ass. If a guy can get banned for not updating us how his flight cross county to meet a girl is going, then this should be too.

Just let it go, man. Your personal boycott or whatever is your prerogative, but just angrily swearing at a bunch of developers (as a collective?) serves absolutely zero purpose. Making a more collected and reasonable post about it after calming down would be better for everyone involved.

Stop being coy about what game it is with the "it's personal" bullshit. You just told now have a game made you freak out and abandon 2 grand worth of games. That is a tad more personal then what the game is. Someone find a mod and have him tell us or ban his ass. If a guy can get banned for not updating us how his flight cross county to meet a girl is going, then this should be too.

He got banned for being stupid, not for not telling us how it went.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the worst thing that was going on in my life was stressing out over a game in my Steam library. Jesus fucking Christ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom