• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

Man, NWN2 characters are awful. I have 2 party members who are constantly being asshole to me and everyone else. One wants to steal everything and the other is a god damn teenager sorceress. The last one, a dwarf, is bent on fighting everything and is dumber than a rock.

I might as well skip the original game and go straight into Mask of the Betrayer.

Welp, that happened. Bakail if you're still lingerin' you can add me on Steam if you want and vent to your heart's content.

Coming up to the ME3 ending. This better be so terrible it retrospectively makes me hate the rest of the game and the series or I'll be super disappointed.

So far? ME3 > ME2 >> ME1. Yes you heard me. I'll even rebuy on steam when Origin gets turned off in a few months.
I've only played the first two, but I had more fun with the first. Mineral mining is gaming anesthesia while Mako riding was a relaxing break in action; but I do tend to like goofy handling vehicles in games.

Still, the feature that made ME1 so great was weapon modding. I loved tacking on splash damage and bonus damage on a sniper rifle, it had one shot per overheat but acted like a hitscan rocket launcher. Sniping dudes in the feet and having them violently ragdoll at ridiculous speeds was so good.

I'll play ME3 once it hits Steam, they'll crack eventually.

Anyone getting Defiance? I think i'm gonna try it out on Xbox this weekend. Is there a monthly few? No retailer says if it needs one

Hey it is the top selling game on steam and filled all the pre-order rewards. It'll have to be pretty big right?

<100 people playing it by the end of the week

I've only played the first two, but I had more fun with the first. Mineral mining is gaming anesthesia while Mako riding was a relaxing break in action; but I do tend to like goofy handling vehicles in games.

Still, the feature that made ME1 so great was weapon modding. I loved tacking on splash damage and bonus damage on a sniper rifle, it had one shot per overheat but acted like a hitscan sniper rifle. Sniping dudes in the feet and having them violently ragdoll at ridiculous speeds was so good.

ME1 was potentially the best by far. I just felt they made a mess of every potentially great feature.

Driving that frigging car around upside down for hours was just too much for me, even if I did have a couple of hours to cool down after it waiting in an elevator.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Man, NWN2 characters are awful. I have 2 party members who are constantly being asshole to me and everyone else. One wants to steal everything and the other is a god damn teenager sorceress. The last one, a dwarf, is bent on fighting everything and is dumber than a rock.

I might as well skip the original game and go straight into Mask of the Betrayer.

I didn't think it was so bad, but I can't deny that MotB is far superior.

mneuro

Hey it is the top selling game on steam and filled all the pre-order rewards. It'll have to be pretty big right?

<100 people playing it by the end of the week

I had it preordered but I was completely unimpressed with the beta in every possible way. I cancelled my preorder. I love the idea of a game/tv show combination, but the quality just isn't there for this game (in my opinion).

tumblr_ljiwwpYDvE1qau6m2.gif

absolutely perfect

fleck0

Coming up to the ME3 ending. This better be so terrible it retrospectively makes me hate the rest of the game and the series or I'll be super disappointed.

So far? ME3 > ME2 >> ME1. Yes you heard me. I'll even rebuy on steam when Origin gets turned off in a few months.

Are you playing with all the DLC? and you should watch the original ending afterward for some perspective.

FYC

Banned
...Well then. If it makes anyone feel better, I have Homefront in my steam library.

Homefront.

This is my third post about Oblivion impressions, and I just can't play anymore, first of all I want to say I try to play games like old times when the games dont need to be perfect to have fun, I love RPGs and games with adventure, i don't care about graphics or mechanics... But I hate Oblivion..

I try 15 hrs. I put several mods, I read lore, etc. But nothing.. I just feel like a doll in a very good looking world, like a tech demo of a open world, the gameplay was very archaic in a bad way, the story was meh..I feel bad for don't like the game I never like to leave games without finishing but this.. Im not that strong

Oblivion and I have a weird relationship, I never ever beat it every time I try. I'm waiting for Morrowind to go on sale and finally play that on PC(I have it on Xbox from when I was a kid), then go finish Oblivion and Skyrim which I've dabbled in. I did get pretty hooked on the Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion though... Fun times.

Maybe I should go download Daggerfall and Arena in the meantime since they're free.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WHY THE FUCK DID I NEED TO SHARE THIS SHIT? WHO'S FUCKING BUSINESS IS IT?

FUCKING MINE. AND I'M SOME FUCKING ATTENTION WHORE BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE ARE CURIOUS.

FUCK.

I'm going to answer this question, as it's entirely likely that you'll still be visiting GAF from beyond the grave: Some consider you to be an "attention whore" because, after vehemently refusing the name the game over the weekend, you apparently made the ridiculous decision to abandon your Steam account instead of waiting for Steam Support to respond to your ticket, and then today, after a period of silence, needlessly brought up the game itself once more just to again play the coy card.

I'm hoping Borderlands 2 goes on sale soon. I put many hours into the 360 version (when I had a 360) but now I miss it, and all these new things coming out have me slightly excited.

Should have bought that and sonic and all stars racing transformed when they were on sale at Gamefly :(

Nabs

Amazon is also going to have a sale for BL2 in 3 or so days.

I guess the deals started on monday but weren't listed on the website. For example, Towns is 35% off and "WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends 8 April" is written on its store page.

Lets see:

Making History: The Calm & the Storm
9th Company: Roots Of Terror
Digital Combat Simulation: A-10C Warthog
Pacific Storm Pack
Towns
Silo 2

Grief.exe

I watched the ending on Youtube.

It was laughable, I even watched the extended cut edition and it was still very bad.

Bioware has really fallen.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I guess the deals started on monday but weren't listed on the website. For example, Towns is 35% off and "WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends 8 April" is written on its store page.

Those are probably the deals then:

Edit: Half Beaten. But at least I have links! And apps!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to answer this question, as it's entirely likely that you'll still be visiting GAF from beyond the grave: Some consider you to be an "attention whore" because, after vehemently refusing the name the game over the weekend, you apparently made the ridiculous decision to abandon your Steam account instead of waiting for Steam Support to respond to your ticket, and then today, after a period of silence, needlessly brought up the game itself once more just to again play the coy card.
I don't recall ever playing a game so utterly offensive that it made me nuke not only my Steam account, but my GAF account too.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's a great game, I already have it so I'm most likely going to trade it or give it away on steamgifts to the Gaf group.

Wait, Dawn of War II is one of the pre-order bonuses?

Damn.... Now I really want Company of Heroes 2. I played lots of 1 back then.

However, it doesn't have the usual local price discount... hmmm...

Grief.exe

The third tier seems garbage compared to the first two.

TF2 Hats, nice can sell those to subsidize the cost of the game.

Dawn of War II, awesome I can play that while I wait for CoH2

In game currency and XP boost....so they give you cheats

DarkFlow

Banned
Wait, Dawn of War II is one of the pre-order bonuses?

Damn.... Now I really want Company of Heroes 2. I played lots of 1 back then.

However, it doesn't have the usual local price discount... hmmm...
I got it from someone in the buy/trade thread for like $30. He might still have some.

Edit: thanks iron badger, that's who I got it from. Gift worked fine, got my stupid TF2 hats and everything.

Drizzle, if you really want Company of Heroes 2 then I guarantee you there will be vendors selling the game for cheap before release. Don't stress.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Drizzle, if you really want Company of Heroes 2 then I guarantee you there will be vendors selling the game for cheap before release. Don't stress.

It's not even about the money. It's that I'm horrible at RTS. I played lots of Company of Heroes, but mostly 2x2 or 3v3 matchmaking with 1 or 2 other friends.

Those friends are no longer that much into video games, so there's nobody for me to play with. And I got destroyed on the Alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom