• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Awesome stuff, thanks for posting it in here because I don't really follow the XCOM thread.

I scratch your back, you scratch mine...with a screenshot of Brutal Legend.

I've never actually been to the XCOM thread, just got finished watching the video and thought you guys would be interested.

Very cool to see those two developers discuss their games, and the first time they had met as well.

The development process for the original XCOM sounds very interesting, just two guys working on a game that they love. Kind of like modern day indie games. Whats really interesting is the publisher feedback actually improved the game tremendously and added a significant amount of depth. Where as now, publishers usually like to streamline and homogenize.

Didn't Anodyne just come out? Or was that just the Steam release? Anyway, I'll get it. If Bleed is the game I think it is it's supposed to be pretty good as well.

Acorn

Nice speed

iUxsb09.png

Damn it kept screwing up my tags

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't Anodyne just come out? Or was that just the Steam release? Anyway, I'll get it. If Bleed is the game I think it is it's supposed to be pretty good as well.

Just the Steam release -- the game itself is two months old.

Indeed it came out on March 22 on Steam but, like it has been said, it's 2 months old.

Now, seems the week-long deals were scrapped for real, right? Or am I missing something here?

Moreover, how many times did they put Orcs Must Die 2 on sale already? Seems 6 times or more since november according to that Steam sales site. And I'm not counting that it has been on sale on other sites too. With a catalog of like 2000 games they keep putting the same pool of games...

edit: which is why I'm glad they put the Supreme Commander games for sale, that was great, heh.

DarkFlow

Banned
How do I download the Company of Heroes 2 Beta?

And is it possible to remote download cause I'm not at home right now

Restart steam, then it will show up on top of your Preorder as beta stress test.

Also it's still under NDA :/ so no talking about it here sadly.

http://community.companyofheroes.co...-Heroes-2-Closed-Beta-Live?page=1#post-220747

As a reminder anyone participating in the Closed Beta is under a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Sharing information, images or footage of Company of Heroes 2 is not allowed. Anyone breaking the NDA will be removed from the Beta and may face further legal action.

Spookie

You need to pre order CoH2 to get in the beta. Not sure if alpha testers get in. Not sure what to do with my Eurogamer key either. ;/

With regards to Torchlight 2.

If you get the Syngergies mod, you can import your vanilla characters. Navigate to my documents/runic/ or something of the sort, and then take your savegame from the vanilla and put it in the mod folder savegame location. I'm not at my gaming PC ATM, but if you poke around I'm sure you can find the right directory.

I played a bit of synergies this morning, still haven't found the "new" stuff, but they've added some new classes. It seems this game has infinite replay value given how much they are adding and also they are revamping the end-game to make it even more long lasting.

I hate my steam backlog. My wallet hates me much in the same way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With regards to Torchlight 2.

If you get the Syngergies mod, you can import your vanilla characters. Navigate to my documents/runic/ or something of the sort, and then take your savegame from the vanilla and put it in the mod folder savegame location. I'm not at my gaming PC ATM, but if you poke around I'm sure you can find the right directory.

(My) Documents\My Games\Runic\Torchlight 2.

FloatOn

Orcs Must Die 2 is one of the midweek deals at 3.74

It's one of the best cooperative experiences I've played. If you don't own it yet, get on it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've barely touched the first one, but maybe I should just drop it and move on to 2.
Same here, I could do with a co-op partner for OMD2, I haven't started it yet.

Is the Steam website awfully slow for anyone else, as in pages don't even load?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Painkiller HD is by no means awful though, I've still had a lot of fun with it even if it's not really 'necessary' in comparison to the original. It's well made and much much better than the other shitty Painkiller 'releases' which aren't Black. At least if you buy HD you can still have fun *spits in general direction of other Painkiller games* They're also releasing an SDK and doing Steam Workshop support for it to so it's nice to see that as well.

I must admit I am much more interested in The Farm 51s new game Deadfall Adventures though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom