• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zia

This week's Humble sale is a ridiculous amount of pretty okay game(s) for $1. Probably the best "value" yet.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Red Orchestra 2 is great...people go go go!

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Killing Floor is one of the best shooting games ever made, but it's a damn shame that Red Orchestra 2 is still such a complete mess this far out of release. I really wanted to love it, but it runs like shit, still doesn't look all that grand, is filled with bugs galore, and has a slowly dying remaining fanbase who is running out of reasons to stick around. I keep hoping Tripwire can pull the fortunes around on it, but they've yet to really get RO2 to stick.

I've barely touched the first one, but maybe I should just drop it and move on to 2.

Same here, I could do with a co-op partner for OMD2, I haven't started it yet.

For what it's worth, I much preferred OMD1 to 2. The first one felt like a much more balanced experience to me. The second is really geared towards coop and even then, it's quite difficult to get all the skulls in a level.

The love Sleeping Dogs gets around here is something I can't understand. It's an average open world game, better than GTA4 for sure, but so are Saints Row 3 and Just Cause 2, both much better games than Sleeping Dogs.

That and Binary Domain just blow my mind with the hype they got on GAF. They are decisively average video games in their particular genre in just about every way.

So does Red Orchestra 2 actually work now? I wanted to love that game when it came out, but it was such a mess for a while. I hear they did a ton of patches - if people have warmed up to the game, I should re-install.

This week's Humble sale is a ridiculous amount of pretty okay game(s) for $1. Probably the best "value" yet.

I feel like you're talking about the Red Orchestra bundle but "ridiculous amount" makes me think I'm missing something. 2 games counts as a ridiculous amount now?

Relax.MX

Killing Floor is one of the best shooting games ever made, but it's a damn shame that Red Orchestra 2 is still such a complete mess this far out of release. I really wanted to love it, but it runs like shit, still doesn't look all that grand, is filled with bugs galore, and has a slowly dying remaining fanbase who is running out of reasons to stick around. I keep hoping Tripwire can pull the fortunes around on it, but they've yet to really get RO2 to stick.

I have the game since day 1, and is a lot better by far...

Run ok i played last week(or two i dont remember) and very smoth and i have a shitty conetion

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What are "Mare Nostrum" and "Darkest Hour" that come along with Red Orchestra? I already have them, but are they DLC?

Red ORchestra doesn't show up as having any dlc.

I pity the fool who hasn't played Killing Floor, it's seriously one the finest shooters I have ever played, 500 hours and counting, it never gets old.

Zia

I feel like you're talking about the Red Orchestra bundle but "ridiculous amount" makes me think I'm missing something. 2 games counts as a ridiculous amount now?

Sorry, I was initially under the impression that the $1 bundle included Killing Floor. Point still stands though: for the average person there's a lot of game there. I can't bare to look at it, but I have Steam friends that've put hundreds of hours into Killing Floor, as well as the first Red Orchestra.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So does Red Orchestra 2 actually work now? I wanted to love that game when it came out, but it was such a mess for a while. I hear they did a ton of patches - if people have warmed up to the game, I should re-install.

Last time I tried it it was much better than it was on release. It's a lot more playable now. However I'm really waiting on the Rising Storm expansion before really jumping back in which deals with the Pacific conflict.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tItZ1UmSGaU

Sorry, I was initially under the impression that the $1 bundle included Killing Floor. Point still stands though: for the average person there's a lot of game there. I can't bare to look at it, but I have Steam friends that've put hundreds of hours into Killing Floor, as well as the first Red Orchestra.

Fair enough.

Well for that price I took the plunge. I'll give killing floor a run but have no interest in RO. Who wants the RO codes?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That and Binary Domain just blow my mind with the hype they got on GAF. They are decisively average video games in their particular genre in just about every way.

Both games have really lovable characters and had no right being as fun to play as they were. I think it is where a lot of the hype for the games come from.

I played a lot of OMD1 on xbox but have barely scratched the surface of OMD2. If anyone wants to run a map or two let me know.

Additionally, what's GAF's take on Torchlight II vs. Diablo 3? With Torchlight II on sale and the workshop support in I'm thinking about jumping on board.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I bought a Orcs must Die 2 complete 2pack just now.

It's somewhat cheaper where I live (8.67 USD for the complete pack as opposed to 9,99).

However, you people can't paypal gift to me, so you'd have to add 10% to wahtever amount of money you'd give me, which would make it 5 bucks for the other copy of the game.... so....

Yeah, I don't know.

Grief.exe

I already have The Killing Floor and SOME dlc.

Also, I hate the game.

Decisions, decisions...

Someone who doesn't like Killing Floor??

I never thought I would see the day.
The difficulty and coordination would probably throw some people off, try playing on easy with just a few friends. Remember, map knowledge and positioning is probably the most important part of FPS. Even if you have great aim, you will still fail at games like Killing Floor and L4D if you don't know the map or your positioning is off.

I would go in for OMD2, I really enjoyed the first one. I have absolutely obliterated my backlog the past month though.

Don't Starve
Jet Set Radio
Bioshock
Bioshock Infinite
XCOM
Age of Empires II
Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D (3DS)
Harvest Moon (3DS)
Fire Emblem (3DS)

zulux21

anyone know if you got the killing floor bundle from the humble bundle deal, and you already owned killing floor but not the DLC if you could use that key to get the DLC or would it say you already own the game and not let you?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I played a lot of OMD1 on xbox but have barely scratched the surface of OMD2. If anyone wants to run a map or two let me know.

Additionally, what's GAF's take on Torchlight II vs. Diablo 3? With Torchlight II on sale and the workshop support in I'm thinking about jumping on board.
Torchlight 2 doesn't constantly report back to a master server so it feels a lot better than Diablo 3 does in terms of smooth gameplay. It drags a bit in the second half, but the issue is much less obvious if you are playing co-op. It's also hella cheaper.

AkuMifune

Banned
The greatest thing about getting to Steam late are all the superior PC ports of games I loved on 360, with enough time having passed I get to experience it all over again.

Metro 2033 on sale, you are next!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Someone who doesn't like Killing Floor??

I never thought I would see the day.
The horde mode genre is only slightly less tedious and uninteresting than the Tower Defense genre.

I already discussed this in this very thread. I love horde games. I dislike when people don't give a shit about you, don't try to give you any sort of help, start immediately running towards these specific points in the map (where apparently a new horde of monsters will come from and those are the easier spots for people to hold).

Killing Floor is a very newbie unfriendly game. I can't be bothered to learn it so I can maybe enjoy it.

Edit: Here it is:

[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45777901&postcount=12166[/url] said:
I didn't play much, because I didn't find the game appealing, but pretty much every gameplay session I had with the game went like this:

Ok, I need to find a place to.... wait, where is everybody. I'll try to follow them.

Oh shit there's a billion monsters coming my way I need to shoot them or I'll die.

Wait, everybody is missing. I guess I'll have to deal with these monsters by myself for now.

Ok, I wasted all my ammo but I killed these monsters and didn't die. Hope I get to the store to buy more ammo.

Oh shit the store closed just as I was getting there, because I can't navigate this fucking map and nobody is helping me, where should I go? Great, half went that way and the other half went that day.

Oh, it doesn't really matter as there are 8 billion exploding monsters coming my way and I only have these 3 pistol shots and I'm dead.

I'm usually a medic. The only good match if Killing Floor I had was during the christmas event where people were actually helping each other out and somebody was calling the shots, like "hey let's weld this door down" or "let's all cover these entrances".

Every other time was fucking mayhem and whatever.

anyone know if you got the killing floor bundle from the humble bundle deal, and you already owned killing floor but not the DLC if you could use that key to get the DLC or would it say you already own the game and not let you?

It gives you the DLC I think. It let me activate it even though I owned it. I have not checked if it actually gave me the DLC yet though.

Edit - Just checked it does.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The greatest thing about getting to Steam late are all the superior PC ports of games I loved on 360, with enough time having passed I get to experience it all over again.

They were giving this one away for awhile. I'm sure someone has an extra copy for free.

edit: see V

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I got a Metro 2033 key with your name on it if you so desire. Lemme know.

Sanjay

Thanks Spookie for CoH 2 beta key and also, fuck you. I just beat my first game Bioshock Infinite in nearly 6 months and you give me this now. I'm never going to beat another game any time soon :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Thanks Spookie for CoH 2 beta key and also, fuck you. I just beat my first game Bioshock Infinite in nearly 6 months and you give me this now. I'm never going to beat another game any time soon :(

Somebody is giving out CoH 2 beta keys and I wasn't aware? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom