• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

It gives you the DLC I think. It let me activate it even though I owned it. I have not checked if it actually gave me the DLC yet though.

Edit - Just checked it does.

thanks for checking, I have a friend who was interested but already owned the game and wanted to be sure he could get the dlc.

Overdoziz

Banned
I really disliked Metro 2033 when I played it on the 360. I got it with the THQ Humble Bundle too, but I can't get myself to play it again.

Also, hello everyone, I just got a decent enough PC to run new games properly so I'll be hanging out here more often. :)

Well that was scary. Signed out and back into Steam but I had to agree to the new SSA. I did but when I went to my library all of my games were missing. Total amount of games were zero. Logged out and in and this time it was only 12 games. The third time seemed to fix it. Weird.

Overdoziz

Banned
I haven't followed anything about CoH2 at all. Will there be an open beta? If so, when? Loved the shit out of the first game so I'm really looking forward to it.

Spookie

Huh, guess they messed up. They said pre orders only for this round on there forums. Anyway that's cool!

At Eurogamer Expo we were promised an "EARLY BETA ACCESS PASS" then when I spoke to Bobby, from THQ now SEGA, that it would be part of the first wave.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Deciding if I should use my RO1 key... don't know if there are cool mods for it. Hmmm...

More keys, RO1 and Killing Floor, first to quote.
I have Killing Floor but no DLC. If someone doesn't mind filling that in for me, that's cool. But if not, I understand.

Spookie

Thanks Spookie for CoH 2 beta key and also, fuck you. I just beat my first game Bioshock Infinite in nearly 6 months and you give me this now. I'm never going to beat another game any time soon :(

Well you could always just beat the shit out of Ikuu. :>

Somebody is giving out CoH 2 beta keys and I wasn't aware? :(

Yeah I was, last year after I got home from EG Expo 2012, only had a handful though.

Isaccard

Deciding if I should use my RO1 key... don't know if there are cool mods for it. Hmmm...

I have Killing Floor but no DLC. If someone doesn't mind filling that in for me, that's cool. But if not, I understand.

Aren't you the one who didin't like KOTOR 2? >_>

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just got home from the office. So I would, but I need to finish Infinite and start the Defiance download.

I'll honor your request asap!
No problem, you're a man with straight gaming priorities. I just leave the games eternally in my backlog, which is the worst thing one can do.

I just noticed that Humble Bundle changed the "All DLC" to "11 DLCs" on the description of Killing Floor.

Grief.exe

The horde mode genre is only slightly less tedious and uninteresting than the Tower Defense genre.

You could argue that, but if you are buying something like Orcs Must Die or Killing Floor you would think you enjoy the genre and know what you are getting into.

There are very few games that can cause someone to change their feelings about a specific genre.
It would take quite a movie to make me enjoy the chick flick genre. Or quite a game to make me enjoy fighting games.

Ah, one less on the backlog! Finished Waking Mars. Loved it, pretty nice with all the ecosystems and stuff.

Oh, yeah, those "Complete" editions that later on get another piece of DLC piss me off...

How long did it take you? I just picked this up.

My Steam timer says 10 hours but the in-game timer says 7.8 hours. I guess some people might take less but you need to get the biomass in most chambers at 5 stars and that takes a bit and some extra thinking. Getting all the research was fun as well.

Had to consult a walkthrough with the endings since what you have to do to end the game was pretty vague, it's probably my only gripe with the game.

Experimenting with all the seeds and stuff was a VERY nice break from all the shooting and mind games from Spec Ops (which I finished last week). It has a very weird 2001 A Space Odyssey feel at times. Liked the voice acting but since I'm not english I can't tell if it's good or just ok. It sounded great to me, loads of expressive voices.

So, yeah, heavily recommended. I for once I'm loving these games I can sit to pick up and play knowing they aren't 100+ hours bloated marathons. I sadly no longer have the time for that and only did one small concession with Dark Souls because, well, DARK SOULS.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I need a new podcast listening, turn-your-brain-off game.

I played a shitload of Gnomoria back when I first bought it. However, I just reloaded it after a while and... I can't stand it. I can't even stand thinking about starting a new world from scratch. There's no end game to it, from what I remember. Is there anything new that I missed?

I'm playing A LOT of Don't Starve, but I usually like to play one long ass session of Don't Starve and, after I die, I'll wait for the next patch for new things. Also, the winter time is screwing me up badly.

I've played so much Minecraft that I burned out on it for a while. There's actually nothing else for me to do on adventure mode.

...if only I could still do "The Barrens" runs for fishing cloth and stupid junk out of the water with my Priest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom