• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Getting hit with Securom, GFWL, a GFWL update, and that Microsoft Live Store (DLC) really makes me happy. Thanks BioShock 2.

Derrick01

Banned
Dishonored's mission design was really boring and simple in spots, and that ball is the highlight of silliness. You can solve that mission in about thirty seconds if you skip the duel outside. The game really could've used some more complicated or dense missions.

Yep the brothel mission was really short too depending on what route you took to get inside. If you started higher then you'd likely finish it in 5 minutes. The levels outside of the overseer one were too small and too simple.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Dirt at least had good arcade driving mechanics. I would take a Dirt game and their point to point races over anything in Fuel any day.

Ah well I really like Fuels driving so fair enough :) Dirt 2 and 3's driving mechanics are great but being such a fan of the older games, which I grew up with, means I just can't accept the way they changed them and it feels a bit 'dumbed down' to me in comparison from a rally perspective. But well that's just me of course, many folk like them and that's cool.

One thing I really love about Fuel is its sense of loneliness. It's something I just find really appealing in many games, going for a long drive with just the environment and the weather/noises really relaxes me. It's most definitely a chill out game for when I feel stressed or had a shitty day.

If only they'd remove bloody GFWL though, pain in the fucking ass.

Spec Ops: The Line starts with a turret sequence. dat meta-commentary.

Ghostlight's first PC endeavour, Agarest: Generations of War, has just appeared on Steam Greenlight.

Greenlight link
GAF thread

I know very little about the game, but I fully support the notion of getting more Japanese games on PC.

I voted for it because of this, even though "Agarest Senki" is Japanese for "Stay the fuck away".

Spec Ops: The Line starts with a turret sequence. dat meta-commentary.

I voted for it because of this, even though "Agarest Senki" is Japanese for "Stay the fuck away".
It's ridiculous this has to go through GL but, after all, we've seen a lot of other things that should've been sent to the store from the go, right?

Are they going to do this to every japanese game? =/ It wasn't so long ago that we attended BitSummit...

Joe Molotov

Ghostlight's first PC endeavour, Agarest: Generations of War, has just appeared on Steam Greenlight.

Greenlight link
GAF thread

I know very little about the game, but I fully support the notion of getting more Japanese games on PC.

"Is my game kawaii, uguu~?"
jfBFGnd.gif

Greenlight link
GAF thread

But why would anyone want it on Steam when the 360 collector's edition has THIS?

4608226310_cbf6303a71.jpg

I upvoted and favorited the game on Greenlight, but only because I want to see more niche Japanese games. I kinda feel bad for supporting anything related to Ghostlight after their massive fuckup with Devil Survivor: Overclocked...

Isaccard

Come on, anything that looks like anime trash is not going to get my support. I don't exactly hide my distaste for it on here :p

Understandable, but if that anime trash is a stepping stone to getting what we all want like Dragons Dogma, is it not worth the vote?

Is it not saying "more japanese games please?"

1-D_FTW

Come on, anything that looks like anime trash is not going to get my support. I don't exactly hide my distaste for it on here :p

The real question is this: If I gifted it to you, would your moral outrage make you feel so icky you'd feel the need to abandon your account and start anew?

Cause I'll be honest, seeing such trash, I'm begging to sympathize a little bit with the Japanese Tag Guy.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Understandable, but if that anime trash is a stepping stone to getting what we all want like Dragons Dogma, is it not worth the vote?

It's saying we need more anime trash.

"Test games" rarely work. You should just buy what you're interested in and if a game being made in Japan is enough to interest you, then so be it.

The real question is this: If I gifted it to you, would your moral outrage make you feel so icky you'd feel the need to abandon your account and start anew?

Cause I'll be honest, seeing such trash, I'm begging to sympathize a little bit with the Japanese Tag Guy.

He could always add a gift to his inventory and flip it. The real trick would be to give him a key for the game while telling him it's a key for some DLC that unlocks controller support in the original Dues Ex, or something.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Not port begging but I would rather have My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute HappyenD. PS3 so lucky.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's saying we need more anime trash.

"Test games" rarely work. You should just buy what you're interested in and if a game being made in Japan is enough to interest you, then so be it.
Yup, no point in buying shit in the hopes that someone will port a game you like.

"Maybe if I play enough of Bad Rats, Valve will finally make Half-Life 3!". Yeah, not gonna happen.

Not port begging but I would rather have My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute HappyenD. PS3 so lucky.
SimIncest, now with microtransactions.

Derrick01

Banned

I don't look at it that way. My vote for euro truck sim 2 wasn't "I want loads of truck sims" it was "I want this truck sim".

Nah it would just get instantly moved to my massive trade in category, a list so large now that it would get lost in there unless I decided to scan my list of trash for some reason.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ah well I really like Fuels driving so fair enough :) Dirt 2 and 3's driving mechanics are great but being such a fan of the older games, which I grew up with, means I just can't accept the way they changed them and it feels a bit 'dumbed down' to me in comparison from a rally perspective. But well that's just me of course, many folk like them and that's cool.

Dirt was a clear separation from the rally series. It never pretended to be anything more than a stylish look at rally with relatively arcade-y driving. You are critiquing what you wanted it to be rather than the product that the devs set out to make. I'm guilty of doing that myself.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
That's great, but do you have any stories about Don't Starve?
I'm afraid to ruin anything. There are a ton of random events that happen. In the eleven hours that I've played, I've died around six times. Winter comes around the 20th day and lasts around 15 to 20 days. I found an area with tons of rabbit holes. Set up camp and made a bunch of traps. Ate like a king.

Shantom

I wonder if there's a single modern JRPG without a hot spring scene.

TWEWY, Nier and a couple of SMTs are the few that come to mind. I wish Ghostlight was porting an Atlus title instead of Agarest but I suppose that was too much to ask of them, since they can't even release already done SMT titles in a playable state.

It's actually the same game. It was released on PS3/360 under a slightly different variation of the same title.

Oh, okay. I thought they looked very similar, but I chose to play it safe :p

By the way is Sniper Ghost Warrior: Gold Edition woth 1€? I'm not big on shooters but I love sniping. Not sure if I should get it or buy RO 1 + 2 instead...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I've noticed that Eador: Masters of the Broken World offers Eador: Genesis as a pre-purchase reward yet the first game doesn't appear to be on Steam. Anyone bought it to know what happens?

Also heads up for hoarders: Game of Dwarves DLC is the cheapest it's been at the moment, on GG. Not sure the two newest ones have even been on sale on Steam.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Dirt was a clear separation from the rally series. It never pretended to be anything more than a stylish look at rally with relatively arcade-y driving. You are critiquing what you wanted it to be rather than the product that the devs set out to make. I'm guilty of doing that myself.

Yeah you're right. I don't utterly despise the Dirt games or anything, they just aren't what I wanted from a rally game. Oh well, I must get myself that WRC 3 I've been meaning to get for a while, whilst low budget I enjoyed the demo so maybe it'll provide some fun :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the subject of, Eador: Genesis, it marks (at least) the second known instance of a greenlit developer releasing its second game* through the traditional system (the first or at least previous case being SCS and the original Euro Truck Sim), so I'd say greenlit developers can indeed leave Greenlight behind them, which is nice.

* Well, as mentioned, Genesis is not up on the store just yet, but it is on Steam itself and I imagine the game will appear on its own at a later date a la Worms Armageddon (though hopefully sooner).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
By the way is Sniper Ghost Warrior: Gold Edition woth 1€? I'm not big on shooters but I love sniping. Not sure if I should get it or buy RO 1 + 2 instead...

It's one dollar.

I'll pay Gabe one dollar so he can add another game to my list. With all the DLCs to boot!

I played sniper ghost warrior for an hour or so and it was hilariously buggy.

It was funny shooting around people and them having no clue and walking in the air with my rope.

I've spent more money for way less entertainment before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom