• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami_sama

Gang, I'm in a minor panic due to the sad THQ saga (bless them - RIP), as the reality of things has just hit me: I may never have a chance to properly fill my backlog. I can see a bunch of these vanishing from Steam, sadly.

I'm lacking the following goodies:

- Darksiders II
- Red Faction Guerrilla
- Saints Row 2
- Supreme Commander
- Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Does anyone else, say, conveniently need everything else*, and want to split an Amazon pack? I even have a handy coupon! PM me, or whatever the cool kids do. Ta.

- Company of Heroes - Tales of Valor
- Darksiders
- Homefront
- MX vs ATV Reflex
- Metro 2033 (Ha!)
- Nexuiz
- Red Faction Armageddon
- Saints Row: The Third
- Titan Quest Gold
- Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - Gold Edition
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution
If you could sell only the warhammer ones minus Dawn of War gold, I'll buy them from you.

O.DOGG

Gang, I'm in a minor panic due to the sad THQ saga (bless them - RIP), as the reality of things has just hit me: I may never have a chance to properly fill my backlog. I can see a bunch of these vanishing from Steam, sadly.

- Darksiders II
- Red Faction Guerrilla
- Saints Row 2
- Supreme Commander

Does anyone else, say, conveniently need everything else*, and want to split an Amazon pack? I even have a handy coupon! PM me, or whatever the cool kids do. Ta.

- Darksiders
- Homefront
- MX vs ATV Reflex
- Metro 2033 (Ha!)
- Nexuiz
- Red Faction Armageddon
- Titan Quest Gold

I'm only interested in Retribution and DS2 out of the whole pack. If someone could offer me those...

Finally started RE ORC I bought during steam holiday. (Yes I know the game kinda sucks and it uses gfwl, all of which I don't mind)
But having to update the gfwl in game and restart the computer to play online is just dumb.
I know it says this when updating, but it has never, ever happened to me. I own 90% of the GFWL library at this point, so I think if it were to happen, it should have by now. It restarts the game, that's it. Restarting the whole computer is a bit extreme, I don't see why it would require this.

*I own RE: ORC and have applied the update recently; it only restarted the game. Do you mean GFWL updating in game, or the actual game update? Even if it were GFWL, it still shouldn't restart your computer. lol. Weird.

- Darksiders II
- Red Faction Guerrilla
- Saints Row 2
- Supreme Commander

- Darksiders
- Homefront
- MX vs ATV Reflex
- Metro 2033 (Ha!)
- Nexuiz
- Red Faction Armageddon
- Titan Quest Gold

I would be interested in Homefront.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Since the subject's been brought up, I'd be interested in buying MX vs ATV Reflex from someone if they have a spare. Just PM me your Paypal and price and I'll respond/send when I wake up.

catabarez

So I did the rollback and it still crashed much later into the intro. What seemed to have fixed it was leaving the OC on default. This game is weird.

Damn, that M$ bundle is too damn awesome to miss out on, on top of that I don't own a single game from it.

Anyone have a spare EC credit to let me "use"?
I'll send $5 instantly on Paypal as gift and then you can send me the keys after.

I'd really be grateful if anyone can help me out.

dsk1210

Steam update. No idea what, but it's caused all my games to redownload. Again.

My steam client won't open at the moment, its saying update can not be performed in offline mode, even though i am obviously on-line. weird, and pretty damn annoying as I was going to play dark souls.

JustinBB7

I thought Max Payne 3 was a lot of fun. Mouse aiming felt amazing, and I have friends who swear by the controller. It also has a pretty good pc port. $10-15 is an easy buy if you like 3rd person action shooters.

Agreed, good game. Multiplayer is pretty fun too for a match or 2, though it has a lot of cheaters so..

1-D_FTW

That arcade bundle is mine. If I'd saved two coupons, I would have been tempted by the Fable bundle, but it's just as well.

Finished Far Cry 3 after 14h or so. Deleted it for good and I won't return to it.

Game was good for about 8 hours and I loved the free nature of it but after a while I got bored of assault rifles and the samey enemy encounters over and over and over again. The AI just wasn't that engaging and I ended up playing the second half with my signature sniper rifle almost exclusively. I won't lie though, you got a lot of tools and the skill-tree (which you shouldn't have trouble maxing out by the end of the game) really opens up the gameplay. Maybe I'd have enjoyed it more if there were more missions where you're a tad bit restricted but still fairly open like the one where you have to infiltrate that shipwreck. The game was at its weakest when you had some tubular me-too CoD-like levels where you were just running down some corridor but luckily there weren't many of those. Shitty QTE boss-fights can go die in a fire as well.

The story was simple and serviceable enough and I preferred that there was a bigger focus on the characters which were very entertaining for the most part. Some scenes really stood out though:

• Leaving Liza was a really weird scene. I don't know if I was meant to feel awful there or feel anything at all because it took me ages until I even noticed that she was Jason's girlfriend. Just felt awkward.
  • Saving Keith from the rapist was very weird as well and I really didn't see the point of it. The writer said in an interview with RPS that the point was to not give the player the satisfaction of having the rape addressed and make him feel uncomfortable. Well, it did make me feel uncomfortable knowing that there are people out there who wrote that heavy-handed scene.
  • Now torturing Riley was another story. After initially thinking "he is not dead after all! video games!" torturing him was pretty bad and actually made me feel uncomfortable.
  • Vaas' monologue about insanity was pretty great and I was disappointed that Hoyt didn't even come close to him. The latter was a pretty standard villain in comparison.
  • Both endings were pretty awful. Fucking Citra and getting killed or have Dennis kill her by mistake. Just... whatever.

My favourite part about the game was the island though. I love shooters as much as the next guy but I think I'd have vastly preferred an adventure/exploration game over what we ultimately got. Driving, swimming, gliding or even just running around was some of the most fun I ever had in a video game and it was so exciting finding new ruins by yourself. It's an incredibly pretty game and with some bigger and more complex temples it could have been amazing. But it wasn't supposed to be.

Ultimately, I enjoyed the first half a lot and the second half much less. I'm looking forward to Far Cry 4 but if they don't improve some of the issues I have with the game, I won't return.

Verdict: Buy it but I got it for ~9$ so my judgement might be clouded.

1-D_FTW

- Darksiders II
- Red Faction Guerrilla
- Saints Row 2
- Supreme Commander

- Darksiders
- Homefront
- MX vs ATV Reflex
- Metro 2033 (Ha!)
- Nexuiz
- Red Faction Armageddon
- Titan Quest Gold

I'd pay 2.50 for MX vs ATX Reflex.

"Congratulations, you now have 13 DOTA 2 invites to give away!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT: Also, I have £2 store credit on GMG and want to buy Condemned. If I use the 20% off code it gets it down to £2 but just takes me to the checkout with Card/PayPal etc. How do I get it to use my credit?

That MS Arcade bundle is totally saucy. I already spent my one coupon (got a free Hotline Miami, so no regrets there) but I'm still going to pick up the MS bundle for the full $10. I love XBLA games, but at this point I've been avoiding them for the last year or two until I hear about some commitment with them working on the next Xbox version. So I don't have any of the bundle games yet. I think Deadlight is the only one that I'm not excited about.

Benedict

What the hell has happened here and how do I fix it?
This showed up when I turned on the computer.
I have not put Steam in offline mode...

N6BFQNb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom