• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

esai

Yeah I get it but even with my rear speakers and headset In front it does the same.
My headset isn't USB so that might be it

my headset isnt usb either. im using onboard audio btw and even there i can change the front port to mic and rear port to speakers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And there they are. Thanks for the reminder. :)

I didn't even know that myself until late last year. I realised one afternoon that I hadn't received any promo items since AssCreedRevs and considered sending a ticket to Support, but on a whim thought to first load up TF2 to see if they were in my in-game backpack; lo and behold I get up a pop-up informing me of my ~35 new items.

Yeah I get it but even with my rear speakers and headset In front it does the same.
My headset isn't USB so that might be it

I don't know if this will help or if this at all what you are talking about, but check under your windows sound settings and change the default communication device which is separate from the normal default device. I have my skype coming through my headset (labeled speakers) and the rest of the audio coming through my speakers(digital audio).

I4OUvzX.jpg

Anyone getting a strange thing where it says the beta is over and now you're perpetually "updating" and restarting it over and over again?

Edit: I should learn to read the previous page.

2nd Edit: All you have to do to get out of the loop is hit cancel and then go back and opt in to the beta again.

Some good deals coming up. No coupons left lol.
AOE3 does not use GFWL

I've seen a bunch of posts that express some concern regarding Age of Empires 3 during this sale.

Just to clarify, Age of Empires 3 does not use GFWL at all. There are no steam or LIVE achievements on the game, and there is no DRM to limit installations / activations.

Hope that clears up a few concerns people have.

From MS Ryz0n (of Microsoft Games Studios):
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31734519&postcount=1

JaseC

According to my research, the only THQ-related items I don't already have on Steam are a few of the Prima guides. Seeing as they're "developed" and published by Prima, though, I don't think I should be concerned about them being pulled.

My Xbox™ Wireless Receiver for Windows™ seems to have stopped working. Does anyone know if the OEM/non-branded ones work just as well? Money's tight, but if people have had bad experiences, I can probably mush the funds around.

Jawmuncher

I don't know if this will help or if this at all what you are talking about, but check under your windows sound settings and change the default communication device which is separate from the normal default device. I have my skype coming through my headset (labeled speakers) and the rest of the audio coming through my speakers(digital audio).

I4OUvzX.jpg

This is exactly what I needed thank you!

jediyoshi

MS Arcade Bundle - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon)
  • Deadlight
  • Insanely Twisted
  • Iron Brigade
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Toy Soldiers

Fable Bundle - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon)
  • Fable: Lost Chapters
  • Fable 3
  • Fable 3 DLC

Age of Empires Complete (Does NOT require GFWL!!!) - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon)

Damn, only one coupon left. Fable would've been nice despite its quality, still gonna go with the arcade bundle

bobeth

My Xbox™ Wireless Receiver for Windows™ seems to have stopped working. Does anyone know if the OEM/non-branded ones work just as well? Money's tight, but if people have had bad experiences, I can probably mush the funds around.
Mine is non-branded, has been working flawlessly for 3 years. Just make sure you download the drivers from microsoft..

JaseC

I don't have it in me. I've fallen into the ios hole and it's been eating my spare money ]:

On the bright side, Amazon has a predilection for repeating deals so it shouldn't be too long before the bundle is discounted again (unless it's a one-time thing a la the Squeenix bundle, but thus far there's no indication this is the case).

According to my research, the only THQ-related items I don't already have on Steam are a few of the Prima guides. Seeing as they're "developed" and published by Prima, though, I don't think I should be concerned about them being pulled.

I need MX vs ATV and Nexiuz :/

Don't know how to get those without buying the massive pack on amazon or just straight up on the steam store. Neither of which I'm keen on doing.

Sober

So let me get this straight, the deal starts this Sunday or the one after?
Well, next week it won't be January anymore, so those EC coupons will be useless.

That MS Bundle looks good, even if I already have MOTN and IB. Maybe I'll just give those away or something. Maybe even ugh... Fable 3 Complete I'll put down for a five.

edit: screw all you guys, the "AOE Complete Edition" is AOE3 only. Was getting my hopes up it would include the first two (I don't have the AOK xpak)

Caerith

Kind of a cross-post from the Amazon thread, but... since THQ is no more and it's questionable how long their stuff will remain available, which Dawn of War/II/Retribution DLC are recommended? I got the THQ Mega Pack which has the Gold/Gold/Vanilla of each, respectively.

After the THQ Humble Bundle, THQ Medley, and THQ Mega Pack, as well as already owning Saints Row and Darksiders, is there any THQ stuff I should grab?

mannerbot

Well, next week it won't be January anymore, so those EC coupons will be useless.

That MS Bundle looks good, even if I already have MOTN and IB. Maybe I'll just give those away or something. Maybe even ugh... Fable 3 Complete I'll put down for a five.

edit: screw all you guys, the "AOE Complete Edition" is AOE3 only. Was getting my hopes up it would include the first two (I don't have the AOK xpak)

MOTN and IB are the main ones I want (kind of want ITSP). Would you be interested in splitting the bundle with me?

JaseC

Microsoft is leaving money on the table by not making the older AoE games modern-OS-friendly and releasing them on DD services at, say, $9.99 each (inclusive of their respective expansions).

You just solder two points together, seems easy enough to me. Even if you don't know how to solder, if money is tight then opening it up and taping a paperclip in there should be worth a try.
Oh right, I remember reading something about this. It's worth a shot.

Mine is non-branded, has been working flawlessly for 3 years. Just make sure you download the drivers from microsoft..
Cool cool. I'll keep this in mind if the fix doesn't work, or I solder my hands together.

Thanks for the advice, gents!

Jawmuncher

Finally started RE ORC I bought during steam holiday. (Yes I know the game kinda sucks and it uses gfwl, all of which I don't mind)
But having to update the gfwl in game and restart the computer to play online is just dumb.

catabarez

Can somebody help me figure what settings I need for Far Cry 3? It keeps crashing on me. I posted this in the performance thread.

Can someone help me? The game keeps crashing on me so I don't know what settings are good for my set up.

I have a:

GTX 670 FTW
i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz
8gb RAM

I tried the setting sethos put up in the first few pages but it still crashes. What should I set it at?

Grief.exe

Honestly the newest drivers keep causing me to crash.

I keep updating, then rolling back to the last WHQL ones from November.

This might not give you the most optimized ones for FC3, but might be worth a try.

catabarez

Honestly the newest drivers keep causing me to crash.

I keep updating, then rolling back to the last WHQL ones from November.

This might not give you the most optimized ones for FC3, but might be worth a try.

So you don't crash when on the November ones? What about December?

Edit: Also weren't these drivers supposed to improve performance??

oipic

Gang, I'm in a minor panic due to the sad THQ saga (bless them - RIP), as the reality of things has just hit me: I may never have a chance to properly fill my backlog. I can see a bunch of these vanishing from Steam, sadly.

I'm lacking the following goodies:

- Darksiders II
- Red Faction Guerrilla
- Saints Row 2
- Supreme Commander
- Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Does anyone else, say, conveniently need everything else*, and want to split an Amazon pack? I even have a handy coupon! PM me, or whatever the cool kids do. Ta.

- Company of Heroes - Tales of Valor
- Darksiders
- Homefront
- MX vs ATV Reflex
- Metro 2033 (Ha!)
- Nexuiz
- Red Faction Armageddon
- Saints Row: The Third
- Titan Quest Gold
- Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - Gold Edition
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution

JaseC

Gang, I'm in a minor panic due to the sad THQ saga (bless them - RIP), as the reality of things has just hit me: I may never have a chance to properly fill my backlog. I can see a bunch of these vanishing from Steam, sadly.

I'm lacking the following goodies:

- Darksiders II
- Red Faction Guerrilla
- Saints Row 2
- Supreme Commander
- Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Does anyone else, say, conveniently need everything else*, and want to split an Amazon pack? I even have a handy coupon! PM me, or whatever the cool kids do. Ta.

- Company of Heroes - Tales of Valor
- Darksiders
- Homefront
- MX vs ATV Reflex
- Metro 2033 (Ha!)
- Nexuiz
- Red Faction Armageddon
- Saints Row: The Third
- Titan Quest Gold
- Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - Gold Edition
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution

You may have better luck splitting the unwanted games piecemeal, especially given the frequency of THQ deals over the past several months. SteveWinwood is after Nexuiz and MX vs ATV, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom