• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
During the weekend the game can be played for free.
During the free the game can be played for weekend.
During the game the weekend can be played for free.
During the game the played can be free for weekend.

And many more!

No, I'm pretty sure what it means is the game can be played during the weekend for free. Don't confuse me man.

Blizzard

Banned
With THQ going down...

What games should I get from the list before they disappear?

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Price&sort_order=DESC&term=thq

The only one I might want to add to my backlog is Supreme Commander.
The Company of Heroes and STALKER series are pretty well-regarded. However, I would presume they will both still be available after THQ being gone due to STALKER being external to THQ (I may be wrong on this) and Relic being purchased by SEGA (and thus hopefully still releasing Company of Heroes 2 soon).

Why has a game called Chivalry: Medieval Warfare popped up in my Game library with a "three days remains" mention?

It's freaking me out.

Just use Steam for Linux, you don't need to worry about such alarming occurrences or anything inconvenient like being able to play your games.

MRORANGE

The Company of Heroes and STALKER series are pretty well-regarded. However, I would presume they will both still be available after THQ being gone due to STALKER being external to THQ (I may be wrong on this) and Relic being purchased by SEGA (and thus hopefully still releasing Company of Heroes 2 soon).

Saints Row, Metro, Homefront and Company of Heroes have been sold to other publishers so everything else except the Warhammer 40k games might maybe possibly disappear.

ah ok, I should be fine then.

big shout out to MRORANGE! Sleeping Dogs looks awesome and after all the gifs posted around here I am really looking forward to giving it a go. very generous giveaway, and it gave me an excuse to expand on my goty post about Natural Selection 2 and hopefully push some of you into playing it. :)

Grief.exe

Unless a publisher interested in keeping it on Steam buys it in the coming auction it will. It's hard to gauge publisher interest for it though.

Hopefully it doesn't turn into an amalur where it is still available on the steam store, but never discounted.

I guess that's a better option than removing the game entirely though.

BadAss2961

big shout out to MRORANGE! Sleeping Dogs looks awesome and after all the gifs posted around here I am really looking forward to giving it a go. very generous giveaway, and it gave me an excuse to expand on my goty post about Natural Selection 2 and hopefully push some of you into playing it. :)
I didn't win, but i'll second this. Very generous giveaway.

dreamfall

Anybody know if the pre-load for DmC will begin anytime soon? 38.4 MB later, it's going to be a rough afternoon downloading if it doesn't start soon!

I think it's udkgame.exe under binaries/win32. Are you planning on playing at 30fps with your controller? True console experience right there.

Not everyone!
It's in your steam/steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare/Binaries/Win32/ directory as UDKGame.exe
Thank you, but since i noticed it was a Unreal powered game i did by a command line.

Now the keybindings for controller don't work for me, the default control scheme is not very logical.

About console experience my goal is under 50% GPU usage for all games, it's like me chasing white wales XD

Bizzity

For two days now I have not been able to access Steam at well. Well, I log in fine, my downloaded games work fine, but nothing else will download, the store page won't load, and it won't even load from Firefox at http://store.steampowered.com. Anyone know what could be causing this? I already tried turning off my firewalls and such to no avail.

The official Hotline Miami soundtrack release is lazy as hell. It's dumped in your game folder (I know that's how Steam works, but still), and has no unifying album tags, artist tags, track numbers, or album art. I was happy to spend ten dollars on it but now I feel slightly burned.

You'd think they'd put some more effort into presenting one of the most praised soundtracks of 2012. I essentially just paid ten dollars for them to convert the .oggs into MP3s.

HoosTrax

Might be a dumb question, but is there any particular reason to want *.ogg versus *.mp3 files? Any mp3 app or hardware player that I've personally used can support either format, in addition to FLAC.

I mean, storage is cheap and plentiful these days, compared to the size of uncompressed audio.

derFeef

Might be a dumb question, but is there any particular reason to want *.ogg versus *.mp3 files? Any mp3 app or hardware player that I've personally used can support either format, in addition to FLAC.

I mean, storage is cheap and plentiful these days, compared to the size of uncompressed audio.

OGG Vorbis codec is open and free, MP3 is not.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is oddly compelling. I'm raising money to buy a truck (though a bank said they can give me 500k credit I still just wanna do a few more jobs). Perhaps my interest won't last but yeah, it's been cool to drive through all these different locations. It makes me think those tourism games people have discussed could actually work out well.

It's not much of a sim, the driving is piece of cake, the trucks handle mostly all the same and the only tricky bit is sometimes to back up and park the cargo properly depending on what it is you're carrying, but you can even skip that part of the process and only miss out on some xp or whatever, though so far I've managed to do it manually. The cockpit view is cool though.

Either way, trucking along until nightfall, maybe with rain, is somehow relaxing (these vehicles offer surprisingly smooth and quiet rides, the engine is only loud outside, not in the cockpit) and entering a bright city after the dark outdoors is cool too.

I haven't delved into the management aspects yet but it seems like it will be a case of linear progress you basically can't fail, only progress faster or slower based on your income, much like the driving jobs, where it's easy to pick the highest paying ones, and where (sadly) nothing out of the ordinary ever happens, at most you miss a turn because you weren't paying attention and so you back up or maybe get a fine for something (speeding, passing red lights, crashing, etc).

It doesn't seem like there's going to be much depth to it but still I'm enjoying it. I've read things don't vary depending on the country you've chosen either, which is unfortunate. Even after its fun wears thin perhaps modders can make something more entertaining out of it. Hopefully ETS3 will focus on adding more variety, gameplay and emergent situations, rather than redoing some graphics or whatever. Also, every huge world game should have trucks and freeways like these.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

The Dead Island parent company bought both Volition AND Saint's Row.

Everything I read about Sega only talks about them buying Relic.

I wonder if the CoH IP comes along.

cicero

The official Hotline Miami soundtrack release is lazy as hell. It's dumped in your game folder (I know that's how Steam works, but still), and has no unifying album tags, artist tags, track numbers, or album art. I was happy to spend ten dollars on it but now I feel slightly burned.

You'd think they'd put some more effort into presenting one of the most praised soundtracks of 2012. I essentially just paid ten dollars for them to convert the .oggs into MP3s.
How about a rant post OR a rant thread over something so small, and not both?

Ledsen

Anybody else having trouble connecting? It just says "connecting to Steam account" forever :( :( :(
Deleting clientregistry.blob does nothing...

For two days now I have not been able to access Steam at well. Well, I log in fine, my downloaded games work fine, but nothing else will download, the store page won't load, and it won't even load from Firefox at http://store.steampowered.com. Anyone know what could be causing this? I already tried turning off my firewalls and such to no avail.

DNS issue?

Open a command prompt, type in tracert steampowered.com and see if it can resolve it.

If it can't you're gonna be having 'fun' with network diagnostics and google

I have at least 16 people on my friend list with Sleeping Dogs and it looks like Jasec is the only one that played Nightmare in North Point. That's kinda disappointing.

PBDi5pf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom