• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellwellwell, when you speak of the devil :)

Just noticed the discussion of selling games and I have no idea how RaitoSaito and others do their business, but as a few people here already said I only sell Steam Gifts.
99% are ROW (Rest of World) and in case it's a Russian locked/limited copy, it will be tagged (RU).

Selling Steam Gifts is what Steam themselves made possible for us users the second they introduced it and during my +1y long experience with buying/trading for gifts there have never been one single problem.
You, as a user, mostly can't know where they come from, so it's very unlikely they will do something about people buying/trading for gifts.

Also, I have a full refund policy for the games I sell.
Since I mainly get them from trades, Steam will reverse any fraudulent trades from scammers and therefore both me and the buyer won't lose anything in case of something like that occours.

Edit: Just wanted to slip in a thank you to Wok and kami_sama for vouching for me :)

What do you mean? A steam gift is too good to be true or what?

No, that is just what I told myself when I saw that seller's post initially.

Just noticed the discussion of selling games and I have no idea how RaitoSaito and others do their business, but as a few people here already said I only sell Steam Gifts.
99% are ROW (Rest of World) and in case it's a Russian locked/limited copy, it will be tagged (RU).

Selling Steam Gifts is what Steam themselves made possible for us users the second they introduced it and during my +1y long experience with buying/trading for gifts there have never been one single problem.
You, as a user, mostly can't know where they come from, so it's very unlikely they will do something about people buying/trading for gifts.

Since I mainly get them from trades, Steam will reverse any fraudulent trades from scammers and therefore both me and the buyer won't lose anything in case of something like that occours.

Edit: Just wanted to slip in a thank you to Wok and kami_sama for vouching for me :)

That makes sense.

BTW, I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything...it just set off a red flag for me.

Wok

No, that is just what I told myself when I saw that seller's post initially.

Okay, so I agree with you: there is no free lunch in the sense something too good to be true is likely a scam. Steam gifts are a safer bet than CD-keys. Moreover, some of the games are not so heavily discounted: for instance, I can see how someone could trade The Cave for $10 (GMG has sold it for $11, Amazon for $15 with a gift of $5 coupon), so the lowest possible price is about $10.

MysticX

I want to ask those who have played both xbox and pc version of Alice, are they just as bad looking? I played it a little bit on the xbox, got it from the local library, and thought it looked like shit

cicero

For some reason Tony's CAG post was missing this currently available Paradox bundle.

Paradox Seas Bundle - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon):

• Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas - Colonial Navy
  • East India Company Collection
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Pirates of Black Cove - Origins
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Victoria II
  • Victoria II A House Divided - Expansion

Derrick01

Banned
Did anyone get their key for Sonic & All star racing from GMG?

I hope that ends up being a really good PC port. I love the game on Vita but it struggles to hold all of the racers on screen at once combined with all of the craziness going on in the environment. Wouldn't mind getting it on a steam sale once I'm done trophy whoring the Vita version.

Been messing around with Wizardry Online.

I really don't know what to think.

But whoo boy look at dem hips!

iL0oLhYOSGUrS.png

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I hope that ends up being a really good PC port. I love the game on Vita but it struggles to hold all of the racers on screen at once combined with all of the craziness going on in the environment. Wouldn't mind getting it on a steam sale once I'm done trophy whoring the Vita version.

Sega's ports are generally very solid, outliers like Viking aside.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Do not sell gray market keys on NeoGAF.

Policy outlined here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451542

Do not sell gray market keys on NeoGAF.

Policy outlined here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451542

What does "grey market keys" even mean? The post doesn't define that very well.
Is the following allowed?

- Aquiring Steam gifts from cheaper Steam regions (RU or BR) and reselling the for a profit
- Buying retail games in bulk from cheaper regions (RU) and selling the keys
- Buying retail games in bulk from US/EU and selling keys for a little profit

There's a lot of discussion recently and some further clarification would be appreciated. Especially considering a few people in the BST thread are doing en masse key/gift reselling.

EDIT:
On a lighter note:

sleepykyo

Been messing around with Wizardry Online.

I really don't know what to think.

But whoo boy look at dem hips!

iL0oLhYOSGUrS.png

Well, it is free to play. Good enough for me. How is the combat? Lots of player killers? And can you trust your team mates? The description makes it sound friendly fire is a concern.

Well, it is free to play. Good enough for me. How is the combat? Lots of player killers? And can you trust your team mates? The description makes it sound friendly fire is a concern.

In the bit I played nobody was trying to PK anyone. Then again this is the first dungeon and a bunch of people are just starting. I suspect eventually some level 100 dude will just roll in and make people miserable.
The thing about death is that when you die, you become a soul and have to find these altars to revive. As you progress you'll have to donate gold or items to increase the chances of a successful resurrection. Fail once and your body becomes ash, fail again and...time to start a new character (or rage-quit).

Also I figure as everyone gets further and rare equipment starts popping up, people will turn on each other to collect. I went ahead and set my alignment to chaotic...yeah I hope to roll with a band of thieves and murderers.
You can even attempt to rob/PK people in town, but the guards will put the hurt on and toss you in prison.

Friendly fire doesn't seem to be a problem, Me and some random dude were slashing zombies in each other's face and didn't take any damage.

Combat is action-oriented. It's not nearly as good as TERA in that department though.

The dungeons are interesting, they're sorta like what one would expect in a Wizardry game, with trapped chests, switches to flip, and so on.

I'll stick with it a bit longer.
This whole "Wizardry Renaissance" rubs me the wrong way though. Somebody out there needs to settle all of the licensing issues so when get the original saga re-released. (plus all of the awesome JP-Wizardry games like Tale of the Forsaken Land and its sequel).

cicero

Amazon DVG Deals said:
Crusader Kings Pack - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7UK2I2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Fable Bundle No DLC - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B86BPW2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Still waiting on some keys for the Paradox 2012 bundle. If we don't get them in the next couple of hours the deal will go live at midnight and I'll hope that we have enough keys to at least get us through most of the day.

Cheers,
Tony

Crusader Kings Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) all but Crusader Kings Complete activate on Steam, contains:
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II [Download]
  • Crusader Kings II: African Portraits [Download]
  • Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack [Download]
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II [Download]
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome [Download]
  • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits [Download]
  • Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack [Download]
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the RU
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam

Microsoft Fable Bundle (NO DLC) - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) all activate on Steam, contains:
  • Fable III
  • Fable: The Lost Chapters

EDIT: Beaten on CK Bundle! Also, there will be NO DLC added to the Microsoft Fable Bundle.

Amazon DVG Deals said:
Also wondering IF the DLC ends up coming thru on the Fable bundle, will early buyers get the DLC? Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.
Negative the bundle is as is.

Cheers,
Tony

Not sure if this the appropriate thread for it but here goes:

So I've been playing Bioshock for the last couple of days and everything was all good and well, until today when I tried to launch the game it immediately crashed without even going into the game "bioshock.exe has stopped working" I tried validating the local files twice but nothing was wrong there according to steam, tried to launch the game from the steam installation folder and still the same problem.

I was gonna delete and reinstall the game next but I wanted to see if there's any solution here that would save me the time before I go ahead and do it.

Well, I deleted the local game content and re-downladed/installed and the problem still exist. I can't think of anything else to do.

HoosTrax

You can't actually add keys to your inventory through Steam, so at the very least he's obtaining them through Steam trading and not a reselling site. That should be perfectly legitimate and not considered grey market as Valve allows it.
That's not necessarily true. Exploiting VPN to change your region in order to get favorable pricing from another region is not allowed by Steam.

Which humble bundle was it? Or was it just the humble shopping thing?
He probably means HumbleStore not HumbleBundle.

That's not necessarily true. Exploiting VPN to change your region in order to get favorable pricing from another region is not allowed by Steam.

He probably means HumbleStore not HumbleBundle.

Yeah okay that's what I thought. I was pretty sure it was never in a bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom