• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could remove like 50% of the content in Alice it would be a good game.

As it stands, it's boring and tedious. Solid art design can only carry you so far.

I agree wholeheartedly. The visuals are godlike and I liked the real world segments before each chapter, but right now it's the most plain boring PC game I've ever beaten. The only reason I kept going was that at least each world had an unique art direction.

To make things worse, it costs 12.49 fucking euros here in Spain. Thank god a gaffer helped me out :/

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Got all excited. Realized that it's nothing like the M&M-style Wizardry franchise I remember so fondly.

I was excited 'til I saw open pvp with permadeath in an MMO. Pass. Then I saw it's SoE. Double pass.

I'll just go play Wizardry 8.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Is this Wizardry more like the Japanese ones or the original series?

Neither. Real time, MMO stuff. Microtransactions are set up to be heavily driven by PKing, players looting your body and possible permadeath.

I just finished the Zodiac Tournament in Sleeping Dogs. To a fan of Hong Kong cinema this was both awesome and hilarious but also pretty short. It needed some Jim Kelly type of companion but otherwise you could really see that UFG is having a lot of fun with these DLCs. They really need to expand the fighting in a sequel though.

Benedict

If there is one of those rare and mythical DOTA2 keys up for offer I would gladly take one.

Edit:
Never mind, it seems I already own the game.
Typical Steam!

I just finished the Zodiac Tournament in Sleeping Dogs. To a fan of Hong Kong cinema this was both awesome and hilarious but also pretty short. It needed some Jim Kelly type of companion but otherwise you could really see that UFG is having a lot of fun with these DLCs. They really need to expand the fighting in a sequel though.

I just started this game and it's fucking amazing. My favourite open world game since San Andreas. Yes I prefer this to just cause 2 and saints row series

Really surprising stuff

FloatOn

I just started this game and it's fucking amazing. My favourite open world game since San Andreas. Yes I prefer this to just cause 2 and saints row series

Really surprising stuff

Yeah, I think saints row 3 is the most fun sandbox game while sleeping dogs is the most satisfying. I wouldn't be surprised at all if GTA 5 steals the action hijack mechanic.

Wok

So, for 2013, my list of games to buy:
  1. Antichamber (dev)
  2. etc.

The url is correct, but there is still no price.

09keiE8.jpg

MysticX

I want to ask those who have played both xbox and pc version of Alice, are they just as bad looking? I played it a little bit on the xbox, got it from the local library, and thought it looked like shit

Crub

Why is Proteus not purchasable even though it's listed as released? Still waiting for my pre-installed copy to get unlocked! :mad:

Really surprising stuff

It's a fantastic game IMO but don't expect the same amount of content as in SA. It really isn't that kind of game.

Bumhead

Banned
I've had Alice on my wish list for the longest time and £3.49 is a great price, but even at that price I'm kind of wondering if I'll ever dedicate much time to it. The feedback in this thread so far suggests its exactly the sort of backlog fodder I'm trying to avoid at the minute.

Bleurgh. In better news I love the fact the iOS app is now iPad native. Looks really slick and seems to be more responsive than before.

Wok

Antichamber releases in ~23 hours in the US? No price yet, I guess.

We know the game will be available for Windows only. A Mac version may be released later.

The dev does not want to tell the price before release. However, I guess he will try the same price as QUBE (14€/$15/£12), or a bit more expensive since QUBE was a 4-hour long experience and Antichamber takes 8 hours to be beaten. At most, the pricepoint could be $30, at best $15. I would guess $20 is what is to be expected.

There is a dedicated thread.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I've had Alice on my wish list for the longest time and £3.49 is a great price, but even at that price I'm kind of wondering if I'll ever dedicate much time to it. The feedback in this thread so far suggests its exactly the sort of backlog fodder I'm trying to avoid at the minute.

Bleurgh. In better news I love the fact the iOS app is now iPad native. Looks really slick and seems to be more responsive than before.

Alice is fucking awesome. If you remotely like Platformers, go get it. It's so much fun.

The art style and storytelling should hook you in the first 10 minutes if you like that sort of thing. It's really outstanding and was my personal GOTY for 2011.

The art style and storytelling should hook you in the first 10 minutes if you like that sort of thing. It's really outstanding and was my personal GOTY for 2011.

Alice is fucking awesome. If you remotely like Platformers, go get it. It's so much fun.

To play devil's advocate a little... Nah.

More to the point the art style is glorious but the game play is right up there with Trine in terms of how tedious it is.

I think the norm is to buy it, play it for an hour and then get bored with it never to touch it again. Going into it with those expectations will probably make it a positive experience (and who knows, some people do end up loving it).

Not sure if this the appropriate thread for it but here goes:

So I've been playing Bioshock for the last couple of days and everything was all good and well, until today when I tried to launch the game it immediately crashed without even going into the game "bioshock.exe has stopped working" I tried validating the local files twice but nothing was wrong there according to steam, tried to launch the game from the steam installation folder and still the same problem.

I was gonna delete and reinstall the game next but I wanted to see if there's any solution here that would save me the time before I go ahead and do it.

No....I thought it was his only copy, but after buying it, I see that he posted more DmC keys for sell, I'm such an idiot

Here's his profile

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=84353

Raitosaito has been doing this for a long time with several games and I don't think anyone ever had a problem. On the other hand I have always been wondering how he gets the games so cheap and why this kind of key reselling is allowed, while key reseller sites are practically banned. Did you try to contact him?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1705

Here is another person selling new releases and pre releases for cheap.

Even asking for requests....
Same thing with this. Always seemed extremely sketchy to me. They're even Steam gifts and I'm sure large scale reselling of games from other region is not exactly allowed on Steam.

sleepykyo

PK + Permadeath + Microtransactions?

It's been awhile since I took arithmetic in school but that doesn't seem right...

Does seem like players don't really need an incentive to player kill. This just makes player killing all the more enticing. I wonder how likely people are going to buy items when they know everyone else is out to kill them and loot their corpse.

cicero

From Amazon's Tony on CAG: Huge Paradox bundle sale redux on right now, Editor's Promo Credits apply, most everything activates on Steam, Paradox 2012 mega-pack coming tomorrow. This is just crazy...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10436683&postcount=3932

Amazon DVG Deals said:
Funny story...my Paradox rep is in Iceland and JUST got back to me. The following will go live as soon as the hamsters wake up:

All will be included in the EC promotion.

1. Pint Sized Paradox Package - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon all Steam) contains:

• Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Majesty Gold - HD
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Faith
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Albion
  • Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack

2. Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) all activate on Steam, contains:

• Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka Collection
  • Magicka The Stars Are Left DLC
  • Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection
  • Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition
  • Victoria II
3. Paradox Majesty Franchise - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) all activate on Steam, contains:

• Defenders of Ardania Battlemagic
  • Defenders of Ardania
  • Defenders of Ardania: The Conjurer's Tricks DLC
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty Gold - HD
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Powerful Lords DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane
4. Paradox War Chest - $7.49 (2.49 after coupon) all Steam except Achtung Panzer contains:

• Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 - NOT STEAM
  • Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • King Arthur Collections
  • King Arthur II
  • Victoria II
  • Victoria II: A House Divided - Expansion
Additionally, sometime tomorrow (when OPS is done making the bundles) these will go on sale:

Paradox 2012 Pack - $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon) I'll have to reconcile tomorrow what activates on Steam:

• A Game Of Dwarves
  • A Game of Dwarves: Ale Pack
  • A Game of Dwarves: Star Dwarves
  • Crusader King Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: African Portraits
  • Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits
  • Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the RU
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic DLC
  • Starvoid
  • War of the Roses - House of York Deluxe Edition
  • War of the Roses: House of Lancaster Armor Set DLC
  • War of the Roses: House of York Armor Set DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane: Armageddon
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane - Powerful Lords DLC
Crusader Kings Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon): All Crusader Kings Content Amazon Digital Carries (Crusader Kings Complete + Crusader Kings II + DLC).

Cheers,
Tony

HoosTrax

Raitosaito has been doing this for a long time with several games and I don't think anyone ever had a problem. On the other hand I have always been wondering how he gets the games so cheap and why this kind of key reselling is allowed, while key reseller sites are practically banned.
Well they're supposedly not RU keys. Maybe he's exploiting regional pricing, specifically BR prices? I *think* (not 100%) that buying from the BR store will give you regular ROW keys.

But that would still be violation of ToS to exploit VPN. (Someone actually living in Brasil and gifting games to people, on the other hand, is not a ToS violation, afaik)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom