• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

So, after several other tries, I decided to stop it and I launched X3, another game where I'm clueless, but at least there is no giant wolf jumping around you when I just want to enjoy the view of Uranus, laughing because, c'mon, Uranus ehhehehhe
You're playing either Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude; be thankful that you're not playing Reunion, as that game had an even steeper learning curve, and it wasn't easy as beans to get tons of money like it is in TC and AP.

user237

I wonder if the biggest contributor on Humble Weekly Bundle might have made a mistake when typing in the amount and all he/she was trying to do, was to get over $6...

Top Contributors

Anonymous
$601.00

Who are these people who spend hundreds of dollars on humble bundles? I've seen them on every bundle so I know they are not all mistakes. Are they extremely rich people who like to support game makers/charity? Or maybe they want to advertise their webpage on the top contributors?

mannerbot

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons
Season 2 Premiere

now with ass puns

Long story short: in October or something, happened that Great Grey Wolf Sif had too much hair going on that he kicked my laptop GPU's ass. This kicked in my weak consumerism mind the idea of buying a gaming rig. After several months of stressing out the build a PC thread, I finally bought it, and of course the first thing I tried wasn't Dark Souls, despite saying it would have totally been the first game I'd have played.

BUT!

Today was kinda the perfect day to launch it again, so I did, spawning just in front of the smoky door before Sif.
Bearing in mind that after all this time I completely forgot not only how to play but also the basic controls (and here I am pushing X to swing my sword, wasting a perfectly good flask instead), I entered the door and got my ass kicked so brutally, no really, sooooooo brutally by Sif, over and over again, that I felt completely clueless.
So I just started farming around the Parish, just to get the hang of this game back. And again, Sif kicked my ass. Apparently, farming super weak mobs isn't really the best way of practicing for a boss, because it gives you the false idea that you're actually powerful, while in Dark Souls you just ain't.

So, after several other tries, I decided to stop it and I launched X3, another game where I'm clueless, but at least there is no giant wolf jumping around you when I just want to enjoy the view of Uranus, laughing because, c'mon, Uranus ehhehehhe

It's just as well that you go hollow there. I'm happy that Sif gets to live. *O*

Grief.exe

Looks like pre-order for LoS2 is coming soon, with a surprise. Probably Mirror of Fate HD or LoS1 included.

cox.jpg

Which one is more newbie friendly? I'm thinking of trying one of them.

Really, neither are, but if I had to guess it is probably Rust.

Copons

You're playing either Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude; be thankful that you're not playing Reunion, as that game had an even steeper learning curve, and it wasn't easy as beans to get tons of money like it is in TC and AP.

I'm playing Terran Conflict indeed. But I'm in the tutorial (I guess), patrolling stuff with nothing really interesting going on. So far I'm just enjoying the fact that there are no dangers around. :D

It's just as well that you go hollow there. I'm happy that Sif gets to live. *O*

No, listen: Sif will die. I just hope to get to kill him before GFWL kills Dark Souls. :D

AHA-Lambda

GMG has Manhunt for 75% off
Don't know if anyone would want to get it at this stage tho, since it doesn't work on anything past XP...
I guess it's a +1 in your library? =p

GMG also has Sang Froid for 75% off, as well as the older 3D GTA games.

Really? urgh, I might have been tempted but man :s

Grief.exe

You'll get a fat warning if something is region restricted for you

G8y5biM.png

Quoting this for those who are buying South Park The Stick of Truth and want to verify if its a Russian copy or ROW.

Russian copy will have the warning as well as 'Preorder RU' in parenthesis at the end. ROW will have 'Preorder in parenthesis.

Finally beat the boss on Risk of Rain. Solo, long, intense battle. I sweat so hard it reached the edges of my sleeves, and I'm shaking a little. Time to take a break.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think they have seen their mistaken, realized the shear amount of revenue they can generate from the platform, and the sequel will be given the time it deserves.
The cynic in me thinks that Namco has learned how much money it can make even with the shittiest of ports, so now it has even less reasons to do a good one. Some people will buy whatever crap is put in front of them, as long as it's supposed to be a tasty turd.

I am part of the problem, sadly.

Derrick01

Banned
Wonder what it is. I might actually play Mirror of Fate if it comes for free. But that's not even on PC yet, or is it?

I played that on PS3 and it was pretty mediocre. If you imagined a game that was trying to be like the Iga handheld games and Lords of Shadow at the same time and didn't excel at doing either all that well, that's what MoF is.

But at least it came with the awesome LoS2 demo so it was all worth it :)

Cheddahz said:
I still need to try out the first LoS

Yes you do. Fantastic game.

Grief.exe

The cynic in me thinks that Namco has learned how much money it can make even with the shittiest of ports, so now it has even less reasons to do a good one. Some people will buy whatever crap is put in front of them, as long as it's supposed to be a tasty turd.

I am part of the problem, sadly.

Other than Dark Souls, their ports haven't been all that bad, right?

Enslaved and Naruto are pretty bare bones.
Pacman Championship Edition is pretty solid I believe.

I'm not all that knowledgeable since I don't own any of these games.

Where are people getting copies of South Park for $19?
Traders
http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/17672176

There was a Steam user link back a few pages ago that people were using to buy from.

This is the guy I used, worked perfectly.

Jawmuncher

Yep everything of there's has been good.
As you said usually bare bones but could be far far worse.

Grief.exe

Was just watching some GTAV console footage, damn that is rough.

Gameplay averages 25 FPS on both consoles, dips into the teens at times.

It's not nice to use people.

I should have called him back after that.

Yep everything of there's has been good.
As you said usually bare bones but could be far far worse.

With some of these late ports, I can accept restricting to 30 FPS if it wasn't accounted for during initial development. Such as Dark Souls or Naruto having errors above 30 FPS.

Enslaved was pretty solid, to my knowledge, unlimited frame rate and resolution options, achievements, but bare bones fidelity options.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
GTA5 looks decent on consoles, not that smeary mess. Yeah, the framerate isn't so hot, but it's better than GTA4.

Before borrowing the game from my brother I actually saw a lot of posts saying stuff like "buttery smooth framerate". I still don't understand why people need to have an opinion on everything even when they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Dr Dogg

Yeah it felt like a constant 20 for me most of the time. I'm sorry I couldn't wait :(

Enslaved was pretty solid, to my knowledge, unlimited frame rate and resolution options, achievements, but bare bones fidelity options.

Well as I'm PM'd you a while back Enslaved has options galore (as do all UE3 games) but initially there was no front end for them and what they then patched in made things worse. If you don't mind .ini tweaking (and know what you are adjusting and what it will do) it's a very customisable game.

Console textures do raise their head a fair bit but for such a late port of a game that didn't exactly sell like gangbusters you can't expect everything. I'm sure someone will do something with TexMod later on.

Mairu

Traders
http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/17672176

There was a Steam user link back a few pages ago that people were using to buy from.

This is the guy I used, worked perfectly.

Thanks, I'll probably buy it from him

Sajjaja

I have a vanilla copy of Deus Ex HR. If I redeem it, will i get a deeper discount on the Directors Cut even though it's on sale?

Anteater

I think most of the open world games just didn't run good on last gen's hardwares,

Resolution, graphics, framerate, most only gets to choose 2.

Nope, and you don't want the Director's Cut anyways.

although i believe i didn't spend money on it, just card money, nowadays it feels like i did a mistake getting it. Didn't get so far to see what they changed to the bosses fights though.

Looks like pre-order for LoS2 is coming soon, with a surprise. Probably Mirror of Fate HD or LoS1 included.

cox.jpg

Really, neither are, but if I had to guess it is probably Rust.
oh god, so excited. this would be a game i'd have no problem pre-ordering. Need to play this day one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
although i believe i didn't spend money on it, just card money, nowadays it feels like i did a mistake getting it. Didn't get so far to see what they changed to the bosses fights though.

oh god, so excited. this would be a game i'd have no problem pre-ordering. Need to play this day one.

really hope its mirror of fate HD and not the first one

Dr Dogg

Speaking of ports and Castlevania does anyone know who's handling the LoS2 port? If Climax are on the job again I have no problems preordering.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

If there's another game with the pre-order, I'm buying it the moment it shows up. I don't have either of those games (I played LoS on 360 and that's why I didn't buy it yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom