• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Deadly Premonition
because he has a split personality

EDIT: This is also a top fo the page recommendation to play Deadly Premontion, or start another playthrough right now.

Dr Dogg

Despite being a game from way back when in 2008 and having the odd bum texture here and there Dead Space cleans up really, really well.

Makes Saj's pic/tag even more humorous.

Colin.

Edit: Seems the defaults had the sound muted entirely -- and the sliders weren't immediately apparent to me in the option menu so I missed turning them up.

My sound was muted by default too, what a weird default to have. I initially thought something was wrong when I first selected a level. I should of added that as a disclaimer actually, to save any confusion

Nabs

Despite being a game from way back when in 2008 and having the odd bum texture here and there Dead Space cleans up really, really well.

Makes Saj's pic/tag even more humorous.

That series is also made for 21:9 gaming.

Li Kao

Well well well, I've just played Endless Frontier for the first time and, oh boy, dat tutorial, feels like parts of my brain are trying to expand in opposite directions now. Not saying that the task is easy, but the dev didn't even try here. You click anywhere and then bam, a wild screenshot appears with explanations for every icon.
Appart from that and when I will reacquire the use of my brain, the game looks pretty fine. But all this time I was : did they really say that it was the easy mode to discover 4x games ? Don't want to imagine what GalCiv tutorial must be like.
Oh and the best part ? In all this humongous wall of text, the game didn't explain what the different victories are and how to achieve them. I mean I easily imagine the what, but for the how...

FloatOn

Out of these, the combat/gameplay in The Bureau seems closest to ME2/3 (which is why I picked it up) but maybe even more fine tuned in terms of allowing you to control your squad's actions.

exactly this. the battle focus system circumvents the whole retarded squad mate thing brilliantly and every squad based third person shooter should rip it off shamelessly.

I have a soft spot for plenty of other squad based third person shooters but none of them stack up to the mechanics you will find in the bureau. had the bureau not been in development hell and came out when it was supposed to everyone would have raved about it.

also it probably shouldn't have been an xcom game because xcom fans are whiny bitches about their lore apparently.

Paul Greengrass would be proud.

JJ-Abrams-010.jpg

I need more friends on Steam who play Spelunky.

If you play Spelunky, go ahead and add me. My steam profile is available under my username over there.
<------

Radio

I hate you Sid Meier.

If your name must be part of the title, can you at least spell it Cid Meier so I don't waste my scrolls looking for Civilization.

Corpekata

Banned
I wish Valve would drop him for Alfonso Cuaron.

Abrams isn't attached to direct, just to produce, and the dude "produces" like 40 things a year, so I imagine he won't have much to do with the project beyond his name being slapped onto it like the 3 TV pilots he debuts every season. Though I imagine like every video game property it'll sit in development hell for 5 years and them someone else will take a crack at it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Abrams isn't attached to direct, just to produce, and the dude "produces" like 40 things a year, so I imagine he won't have much to do with the project beyond his name being slapped onto it like the 3 TV pilots he debuts every season.

As far as I'm aware there hasn't been any official word on how deep Abrams involvement will be (assuming Valve wants to keep going with the idea) but the impression I get is that he'll direct.

Radio

Ok, how about...

ctrl-f
<type civ>
???
PROFIT

Whoa, that's way more keyboard action than would even happen during a 5 hour Civilization session.

Someone has to stop this monster, Sid Meier. This egomaniacal beast of egomania. We must stop him now, or else his plague will spread, and we'll soon have Notch's Minecraft, Rocket's DayZ, and Garry's Mod. Oh My God. It's too late.

I like to actually read books. By the time someone has read the thing to me, I'd have read 4 books...

Same here, might feel different if I had a car commute, but I can read on the bus so audiobooks are way too slow for me. Blood Meridian is a great novel though, one of my favorites.

Kovaelin

Wow. That last thread seemed to go by really quickly. Anyway, anyone else playing Sanctum 2 over the free-weekend?

Kovaelin

Sanctum 1 made me pretty uninterested in giving 2 a shot.

I actually played a lot of it and really liked it (the lack of story and content in general was a letdown, I admit). It's too bad I hesitated on picking up that bundle that had 2 in it a little while back. I should have bought it was the soundtrack and the DLC for the first game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I actually played a lot of it and really liked it (the lack of story and content in general was a letdown, I admit). It's too bad I hesitated on picking up that bundle that had 2 in it a little while back. I should have bought it was the soundtrack and the DLC for the first game.

I played I think one session of Sanctum 1 with a couple friends and had my fill. It still has all the things I dislike in your average tower defense game.

HoosTrax

That game desperately needed the ability to lay down towers from a standard overhead view.

Even then though, the game just feel amateurish and the gunplay flat, compared to OMD.

HoosTrax

Orcs Must Die 2 blends FPS with Tower Defense?
OMD is TPS view, not FPS view. The games are similar, but Sanctum has a very heavy emphasis on mazing. You can maze in OMD as well, but it's much more expensive to do it and there are other factors that make it dangerous to rely on mazing as your sole tactic. OMD ends up being more about tower synergy, and you end up using a greater variety of towers as a result.

nexen

Is is dangerous to go alone. Take this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for nexen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Two Brothers -- MB-5064FE7A61C11C20 - Taken by Anustart

yoshizzle

I couldn't really get into Sanctum 1, but 2 was a lot of fun for me. I wouldn't play it though if FPS isn't your thing, because there's a ton of shooting involved. The towers in that game are kinda weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom