• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tehalemi

Made a new RE4 Steam Custom Image. I love that art, but the HD logo is just trash.

ibhzGPSOnWciJq.png

ibuu1bpkiigL97.png

As opposed to this

header.jpg

These will be put to good use, thanks! :D

For STEAM thread 2.0

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-C4793A9B159909A1 - Taken by Sarcasm

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Any idea if Lords of Shadows 2 has any upcoming deals?

I've been forgetting to check on it but mobile browsing sucks.

Vyer

Can anyone send me an invite to the GAF steam group? vyer there also

I finally got around to playing that copy of Dishonored I picked up a sale or two ago. Interesting game, but I'm finding it hard to get a handle on the line of sight/first person stealth thing.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Can anyone send me an invite to the GAF steam group? vyer there also

I finally got around to playing that copy of Dishonored I picked up a sale or two ago. Interesting game, but I'm finding it hard to get a handle on the line of sight/first person stealth thing.

Done and done.

Turfster

Right, I remember why I was always leery of buying Deponia.
Why does the protagonist of so many Daedalic games have to be a total douche?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is there anyway to get this still? :/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203140

Hitman Sniper Challenge

It's included in every Absolution sub aside from the standard edition (retail) and the Professional Edition (retail). Make a note somewhere to buy the former on Steam itself the next time it's on sale (or the PE if you're so inclined). If Steam's checkout system says you already own the game then just buy it as a gift and activate it from your inventory (I had to do the latter with the region-specific Max Paynes).

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It's included in every Absolution sub aside from the standard edition (retail) and the Professional Edition (retail). Make a note somewhere to buy the former on Steam itself the next time it's on sale (or the PE if you're so inclined). If Steam's checkout system says you already own the game then just buy it as a gift and activate it from your inventory (I had to do the latter with the region-specific Max Paynes).

You can get it for free here still, I think.

That's where I got my copy a few months ago. I recall having to jump through some hoops and the email taking awhile though.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Let me know how much time you waste on that so I can decide to do it or not.
I don't think Jase counts any time spent adding subs to Steam as "time wasted".

Would be interested in knowing what those hoops are too though, enjoyed the game when I played it on PS+, would like it on Steam too!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Let me know how much time you waste on that so I can decide to do it or not.

Sniper Challenge was supposed to be exclusive to pre-orders so I already have it.

Edit: There doesn't appear to be an add to cart button.

Exuro

Tried some more Tomb Raider. Turns out to be the first game that's ever given me motion sickness. Cannot stand that camera shake.

eek5

I think it's about time to get a new graphics card soon :( Just started playing Bioshock Infinite and it isn't as steady as I'd like at 1080p :/

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Sniper Challenge was supposed to be exclusive to pre-orders so I already have it.

Edit: There doesn't appear to be an add to cart button.

Yeah, my bad. "Vorerst keine Bestellung möglich" means 'Unable to accept orders for the time being.'

Sorry, folks.

Tried some more Tomb Raider. Turns out to be the first game that's ever given me motion sickness. Cannot stand that camera shake.
Yeah, it was the first time a game's camera affected me like that, literally got a headache the first time I played it. I eventually got used to it and it became a non-issue, but it didn't add anything to the experience that they were hoping.

This is my first give away, yay!
Edit: or NAY! wtf mystery games? :(
Games are, in order (I hope): Biding Of isaac+ dlc, Wroms Realoaded, Monaco.
Sorry!

Thanks for the game. Thought I was going for Binding of Isaac too. Guess I'll wait for the remake as I originally planned.

Haven't been in the steam thread in awhile. Funny how I win the game I didn't really want but i'll keep it and try it out again anyway. Tried the demo before on the 360.

Caerith

Yeah, it was the first time a game's camera affected me like that, literally got a headache the first time I played it. I eventually got used to it and it became a non-issue, but it didn't add anything to the experience that they were hoping.

I'm not sure what inducing nausea is supposed to add to the experience of playing a game, unless they're making a video game adaptation of Trainspotting.

All that skyrim money and they can't be bothered to add what a modder already did for them. For shame Bethesda. Porting Wet to PC will make up for that travesty.
There are "Unofficial 'insert game name' Patch" for all their RPGs, that pretty much sums up Bethesda's attitude toward QA.

Nothing can top Ultimatum. NOTHING.
I can't remember, is there shaky cam during the conversations?

That poor NES shell.

I'm not sure what inducing nausea is supposed to add to the experience of playing a game, unless they're making a video game adaptation of Trainspotting.
Maybe they wanted it to work back into the theme of the game, you as the player need to survive the harsh environment... of being subjected to a camera that wibbles and wobbles at every step.

Colin.

If you like tower defence games, but do not own Super Sanctum TD, you should change this immediately. I tend to go either way with them, but I have quite enjoyed myself with this game today. I think it is quite simple in execution, but that suits me just fine. An over-complicated mess is a quick way to put me off a game. At a mere 44 pence, you definitely get your moneys worth.

I also think it's funny that I have multiple "AAA games" that are unplayed, yet I can put nearly 4 hours into this in one day lol.

wilflare

no wonder. I bought my Hitman Absolution PE (retail) from GMG :/ probably wait for a bundle with all the DLCs I guess :/

(pssst. what's causing the bans?)

You can get it for free here still, I think.

That's where I got my copy a few months ago. I recall having to jump through some hoops and the email taking awhile though.

can't add to cart :/

Does Super Sanctum TD not have sound? My sound is working fine on my PC, but I boot up that game and there's nothing.

If you like tower defence games, but do not own Super Sanctum TD, you should change this immediately. I tend to go either way with them, but I have quite enjoyed myself with this game today. I think it is quite simple in execution, but that suits me just fine. An over-complicated mess is a quick way to put me off a game. At a mere 44 pence, you definitely get your moneys worth.

I also think it's funny that I have multiple "AAA games" that are unplayed, yet I can put nearly 4 hours into this in one day lol.

Hey, you've played it. Where's my sound at? Or does it not exist? :\

Edit: Seems the defaults had the sound muted entirely -- and the sliders weren't immediately apparent to me in the option menu so I missed turning them up.

Mass Effect 2 & 3?

Freedom Fighters.

Gears of War

Out of these, the combat/gameplay in The Bureau seems closest to ME2/3 (which is why I picked it up) but maybe even more fine tuned in terms of allowing you to control your squad's actions.

BibiMaghoo

Anyone else locked out of the market?

I bought a Stat trak key before reading they were glitched, and now I can't do anything :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom