• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got all excited when I saw RealMyst: Masterpiece Edition live on the store at last... only to find out that Cyan proves their technical incompetence yet again. Game causes graphics cards to run really hot, harder to run than Crysis, Battlefield 3/4 etc and requires an external third party video codec that died in 2004 to be installed in order for certain things to function right.

How can you continue to make such terrible ports of your own game, Cyan? RealMyst alone is a giant chunk of shit, so I shouldn't be surprised its remake is equally so. Guess i'm holding on to my money then.

Ugh, really? That's disappointing... I'll wait for the Summer sale then. Thanks for letting us know.

For ModBot giveaways, does anyone know how to block multiple names? I'm guessing you just do:

Code:
Good Rats 0000-0000-0000

BLOCK name1
BLOCK name2
BLOCK name3

Is that correct? I am aware of the blacklist feature, but I'm specifically talking about manual blocking names.

Try create an account with the same email address, keys should show up on your account page.

Tried but says username exist already. I dont know the password (dont even remember creating an account). Just shot support an email. Their Key Resender thing doesnt work for me either. Maybe its Gmail that's messing up. Hmm

Terra_Ex

For ModBot giveaways, does anyone know how to block multiple names? I'm guessing you just do:

Code:
Bad Rats 0000-0000-0000

BLOCK name1
BLOCK name2
BLOCK name3

Is that correct? I am aware of the blacklist feature, but I'm specifically talking about manual blocking names.
That is the correct way to do it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BundleStars ‏@BundleStars 23m

Want more Steam games for next-to-nothing? Duh. Of course you do! Check out our Steam game bundles. http://bit.ly/1eKkzVt

I find it funny how bundlestars realises and full embraces the fact that people only care about bundles...with steam games in them lol

edit: meh double post, you guys need to post more damn it >_<

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Ugh, really? That's disappointing... I'll wait for the Summer sale then. Thanks for letting us know.

So far Cyan's official response is "Send a support ticket in to us with your system specs", and the official Knowledgebase article on their site tells you to just turn all of your settings down.

The game does not look good enough where it should be choking i7/780 systems at 30-40 FPS and struggling to keep that. They need to know why this is unacceptable and actually fix it instead of leaving the game to die like RealMyst had.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
BundleStars &#8207;@BundleStars 23m

Want more Steam games for next-to-nothing? Duh. Of course you do! Check out our Steam game bundles. http://bit.ly/1eKkzVt

I find it funny how bundlestars realises and full embraces the fact that people only care about bundles...with steam games in them lol

edit: meh double post, you guys need to post more damn it >_<

BundleStars is easily one of my favorite bundle sites these days. Their bundles seem to have more variety (ie "More games I don't already have") than most of the other bundle sites. I also like it because it's "Pay this amount" rather than "Pay what you want" - no "Beat the average", no multiple tiers, no shifting price, just simply "give us money and we'll give you these Steam keys". Simple and to the point.

That, and their bundles typically last a really long time and often return even after the 30 days or so they initially run.

I hate how there's no getting good at Spelunky. One dumb mistake and you're toast ;_; I was doing one of my best runs ever and I forgot to grab the stupid scepter before going to 4-2. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

hmm I might enjoy this game =o

overlord_2014_02_06_09kuwv.jpg
Overlord is such a good, dumb game. Almost the definition of dumb fun.

So far Cyan's official response is "Send a support ticket in to us with your system specs", and the official Knowledgebase article on their site tells you to just turn all of your settings down.

The game does not look good enough where it should be choking i7/780 systems at 30-40 FPS and struggling to keep that. They need to know why this is unacceptable and actually fix it instead of leaving the game to die like RealMyst had.

Yeah, that and figure out how to release Exile and Revelations for easy cash money.

Here is the free pid key from those guys.
Also indie gala is not sending my keys!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-3AD4E20A4EE3170B - Taken by doctorcdcs

goddammit, I placed an order from the indegala, but have yet to receive a key either from indiegala or paypal that the order was processed. :\

Backlogger

Code:
Bad Rats 0000-0000-0000

BLOCK name1
BLOCK name2
BLOCK name3

Why would you block anyone from the joy of receiving Bad Rats?

Do you mean the PS3 Limited Edition extras (Strider 1 and 2 and the custom theme)?

But isn't Japan exclusive or am I wrong?

I don't know -- I just know that the PS3 LE is getting Strider 1 and 2 -- at least 1 of which is not on PSN and the other which may only be on PSN in JPN...

If the original Strider is somehow being given to PS3 LE people, I want it on PC. It would get me to buy the game -- and again, I'm not even sold that the new game is going to be anything better than mediocre.

--

50 new greenlit games and Danmaku Unlimited 2 isn't one of them?

What kind of farce is this?!

Kadin

Tried but says username exist already. I dont know the password (dont even remember creating an account). Just shot support an email. Their Key Resender thing doesnt work for me either. Maybe its Gmail that's messing up. Hmm
I had the same experience. Never signed up before but said my email addy was already registered. Guessing it's just a snafu right now as their site has been having some issues.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Wonderful news, Energy Hook has been greenlighted. Ever closer to fulfilling people's desire to swing around like Spider-Man 2 movie game again.

Master Spy as a Stealth-Platforming also looks like it scratch a few itches.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Finally started my Knife of Dunwall + Brigmore Witches run. Dishonored is such a fun and good looking game.

Backlogger

Finally started my Knife of Dunwall + Brigmore Witches run. Dishonored is such a fun and good looking game.

Yeah, I keep meaning to go back and work on the DLC for that game. I did most of the levels stealth and I have been meaning to go back through on a murdering rampage. I'm guessing the levels would be much faster that way anyway.

StAidan

I hate how there's no getting good at Spelunky. One dumb mistake and you're toast ;_; I was doing one of my best runs ever and I forgot to grab the stupid scepter before going to 4-2. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Haha. I once forgot to pick up my shotgun before exiting a stage... which I had stolen from a shopkeeper. Exactly the worst time to be completely unarmed.

Yeah, I keep meaning to go back and work on the DLC for that game. I did most of the levels stealth and I have been meaning to go back through on a murdering rampage. I'm guessing the levels would be much faster that way anyway.

I recently went through the DLC on a no-kill run and apparently missed the trophy at some point for one of them. They were great, truly of the caliber that the main game is.

I played the main story when it came out but I played a lethal stealthy route... and of course got the same ending as if I had gone through and blasted people. The fun of the game is in the immersion, though, and I feel that stealth is necessary to that immersive feeling.

topyy

login , claim page and wait steam keys added

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball(humble link) -- MB-F734064D120DCCA1 - Taken by Mavromatis. 8 entrants total.

t1391641074z1.png

Can someone explain to me how the IndieGala gift thing works?

It's always confused me and I know during Happy Hours you get extra gifts or something, and that JaseC always waits for Happy Hour before he buys it (gifting machine).

Santini

Whoever wins Miner Wars please contact me, you will also get a "unlock" key for the game

i bet the Party of Sin keys will be added later, this has happened before

Thanks for Cherry Tree High Comedy Club! And presuming your namesake is based on this, I should try and watch that movie someday!

HoosTrax

Intel's helping to fund Feep's new game yeah?

Intel has invested an undisclosed sum in the development of Iridium Studios' There Came an Echo, which was successfully funded via Kickstarter last March.

The investment is part of Intel's RealSense initiative, a plan to partner with other companies to create hardware and software that makes it "simpler" and "more natural" for people to interact with technology.

Iridium Studios, who previously developed Sequence, styles There Came an Echo as a futuristic PC RTS that's been designed around a sophisticated vocal recognition system. The game will also feature the vocal stylings of actor Wil Wheaton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom