• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

If not for this thread, I would not have known that Astro Tripper and I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream were added to the PlayBlink bundle. Are they supposed to send out e-mail notices of that? Did I miss opting into an e-mail somewhere?

Cth

If not for this thread, I would not have known that Astro Tripper and I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream were added to the PlayBlink bundle. Are they supposed to send out e-mail notices of that? Did I miss opting into an e-mail somewhere?

You can sign up for the newsletter/account I believe which should sent it out.

Parsnip

I know but I missed them from the last time. Can't remember what I was doing around that time (might have been away) but was super pissed I missed it.
I couldn't dedicate the time to watch it all as it was going on, thankfully the 2 Player documentaries on that one are great too.

Here's a little reminder to myself that talented people are talented.
birch_2012_12_30_23_30_10_20_by_majorparsnip-d75bvva.jpg

2012_12_30_00002_by_majorparsnip-d75bvyw.jpg

Turns out you get a free gift of Aerena when you register it, and by you I mean you whomever gets there first!

ModBot [b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena -- MB-4FA3CBF729C0BBEE - Taken by wetflame

Cth

Anything good aside from Grimm? No idea if that's any good either but I am a fan of American McGee. Kinda.

Interested in Redshirt, Grimm, Infected and Shufflepuck personally.

After getting Archon and I Have No Mouth this week, seeing Shufflepuck was another blast of nostalgia.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My Google Wallet payment finally went through. Check your Groupees profiles if you were also hit with the bug.

topyy

I did see no Google Wallet crash, but I got the message too:

"We noticed you tried to make purchase using Google.
If you made a payment you will see products immediately after Google processes it. Thanks!"

This will probably be fixed soon, but maybe those that still have to buy the bundle, better use a different payment method for now.

google has a verify time up to 24 hours before,they can cancel any purchase in that time,still need that long time now? New google wallet seems better than before after google checkout closed.

Dr Dogg

I couldn't dedicate the time to watch it all as it was going on, thankfully the 2 Player documentaries on that one are great too.

Here's a little reminder to myself that talented people are talented.

It's amazing how something that DF did to keep up morale turned into such great idea.

Do we have a new contender for the Limbo of the Lost crown?

Needs a batshit bonkers ending to compete.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena: Clash of Champions -- MB-2503C9541546332B - Taken by Evrain
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe -- MB-5E5CF50EFEAE9486 - Taken by Nabs
IL 2 Sturmovik: 1946 -- MB-8B79A268CC7B7CC3 - Taken by Volimar
Redshirt -- MB-FDA3826A909C5D2C - Taken by MakeshiftChef
Grimm -- MB-F32CB9C2F8357989 - Taken by topyy
Infected: The Twin Vaccine -- MB-891116BCC791515A - Taken by The_Monk

Turfster

What. GMG has a Waitangi day 25% off coupon for New Zealand only.
(QK0HJV-6SYBA0-9W6MNF in case there are any Hobbits around)

nexen

Great bundle. For $1? Sheesh, man. So much in there I would've paid $1 for individually. These guys are leaving, like, almost $2.50 on the table.

What. GMG has a Waitangi day 25% off coupon for New Zealand only.
(QK0HJV-6SYBA0-9W6MNF in case there are any Hobbits around)

Does moving from Kiwi to Hobbit constitute a promotion or demotion?

Caerith

I didn't have any problem dealing with the Zulus, but Otto Von Bismarck is so annoying and acts like he's bipolar. "Lets be friends?" some turns pass and he denounces me for no reason. I hate this guy.
I was pretty mood swingy in my last game. I was playing as China, and someone (not Bismarck, but one of his allies) got all aggressive and invaded me. I was all, "China is peaceful! We have no weapons!" and managed to survive long enough to sue for peace... and finish developing chu-no-kus. As soon as that peace treaty was up, I wiped them from the fucking map.

When I got on desura to activate Ultionus I saw this game: http://www.desura.com/games/forest-hunter

Wow...So many stolen images (The woman in the red dress is Anna Williams from Tekken).

I think I see Nico Robin in there too.

Turfster

Great bundle. For $1? Sheesh, man. So much in there I would've paid $1 for individually. These guys are leaving, like, almost $2.50 on the table.
Well, you can always give them more if you want to ;)

Does moving from Kiwi to Hobbit constitute a promotion or demotion?
Dunno. One's small, hairy and looks funny, and the other's... hm.

The_Monk

Thanks for Infected: The Twin Vaccine Jase, I was curious about this one only. One thing I liked is this part: "Customizable Difficulty to set challenges how you like them." Nice, in case the puzzles are too harsh.

It seems that it also includes a behind the Scenes making-of video, always like these!

O.DOGG

I just found out Double Dragon Neon is coming out in about two hours with online coop. Has anyone played this? Is it worth the $10?

Nabs

Thanks JaseC.

Here are a couple I had sitting around (please play JD2):

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-16E0A2CDB70EA167 - Taken by AkuMifune
Joe Danger 2: The Movie -- MB-01287136CC7C86BA - Taken by Htown

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

RENA -- MB-746892F4D688A62C - Taken by Benedict

random

My Google Wallet payment finally went through. Check your Groupees profiles if you were also hit with the bug.

Thanks for then heads up, the bundle showed up in my profile.

google has a verify time up to 24 hours before,they can cancel any purchase in that time,still need that long time now? New google wallet seems better than before after google checkout closed.

I never had a problem with Google Wallet, and I received the payment confirmation email after less then a minute.
This was a glitch on Groupee's side, they may have had too many transaction to process at once.

I just found out Double Dragon Neon is coming out in about two hours with online coop. Has anyone played this? Is it worth the $10?

My buddy says he had a ton of fun with it playing local coop with a buddy while drinking some beers when they played on PS3... but I can't speak personally on it. If the netcode isn't schlock and you like brawlers, I don't see whynot?

--

Have at it...
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alien Spidy -- MB-62D6F96053030CF7 - Taken by Dice. 2 entrants total.
Aerena -- MB-3516DBDD15CB22DA - Taken by Kiru. 2 entrants total.
Astro Tripper -- MB-A39A39159A7E551B - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
The Journey Down -- MB-F79AEC1054D8E702 - Taken by Zeeman. 4 entrants total.

t1391706057z1.png

AkuMifune

Banned
Thanks Nabs! You know I don't think I played one racing game all of last generation aside from Wipeout. I always meant to, but never got around to one.

Been looking forward to Double Dragon Neon. I know it fell flat when it released before, but too many people I like on GAF have given it a seal of approval. Should be fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man that new Groupees bundle is insane!

JaseC

Thank you kindly for Aerena, Jase!

Enjoy. :)

Edit: I was hoping the key would activate the DDE, but there are no additional apps in the sub and the store page just says it includes a bonus gift copy of the game... which is true of the standard edition, too. *shrug*

Nabs

Thanks Nabs! You know I don't think I played one racing game all of last generation aside from Wipeout. I always meant to, but never got around to one.

Been looking forward to Double Dragon Neon. I know it fell flat when it released before, but too many people I like on GAF have given it a seal of approval. Should be fun.

Have fun. RIP Criterion :*(.

Derrick01

Banned
So I finished Splinter Cell Blacklist this morning, did everything except the forced co-op only side missions. If you've seen my previous posts about the game over the past few days you could probably guess that I didn't really like it all that much. I have to say it was a noticeable improvement over Conviction, but the fact that the game was basically still trying to be Conviction but with better level design is the reason why it still wasn't a good game. The side missions are basically multiplayer maps made for single player/co-op purposes. Each person of your team gives you a different kind of mission but they're basically just Conviction's modes renamed. You've got wave based survival (UGH!), infiltration missions where you can't be spotted at all, take out X enemies missions and something co-op only related (the one I haven't tried yet).

As for the actual gameplay as I said the level design was a nice improvement over Conviction but we're still not quite up to the older games' standard there. The game overloads you with gadgets and supply caches that refill everything so that you never come close to running out of tools. Combined with how few guards are in each "section" of the level, it results in a pathetically easy game even on perfection with all the radar stuff turned off. I didn't even use the mark and execute crap either and still had no issues. The quality of the main story was decent but there are several forced action parts that are atrocious and do not belong in a game like this. Stuff like using a drone to take out 40 enemy vehicles in a high profile chase and a part where it changes to first person view and you're strongly encouraged to play it as a FPS.

This game probably could have been much better if they didn't try to design it for 3 different playstyles. In great stealth games your only option should be stealth and you then provide various stealth options in the levels. They clearly struggled trying to make a game to satisfy people like me and the typical shooter crowd at the same time. Sooner or later you have to make a choice Ubi, and since these games continue to bomb in sales then you may as well focus on the crowd who is still interested in stealth games.

4/10

topyy

Thanks for then heads up, the bundle showed up in my profile.

I never had a problem with Google Wallet, and I received the payment confirmation email after less then a minute.
This was a glitch on Groupee's side, they may have had too many transaction to process at once.

I heard somebody's humble purchase with google was canceled after 24 hours (keys were disabled?),and there're 24 hours verify time words on FAQ that time,that is old google wallet.I can't find some words about verify time from new FAQ.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So I finished Splinter Cell Blacklist this morning, did everything except the forced co-op only side missions.
4/10
See, this is what I don't get and loads of people do this. If you don't like it, why continue playing?
Nothing personal, just curious. :)

Pakkidis

problem: I purchased the humble bundle civ deal. When I added them to my steam library Civ 4 and all the dlc appear twice in my library. However only one 'version' seems to work when I click on the other one it says this game is not supported by your platform.

How do I remove them from my library?

JaseC

problem: I purchased the humble bundle civ deal. When I added them to my steam library Civ 4 and all the dlc appear twice in my library. However only one 'version' seems to work when I click on the other one it says this game is not supported by your platform.

How do I remove them from my library?

You can't; the unusable entries are incorrectly-flagged Mac apps. Best you can do is throw them into a junk category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom