• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry I'm not one of the cool kids that enjoy these creepy anime games steamgaf.

to those that do like them I, uh, hope they bring you satisfaction? yes, that's probably the right word.

The description in the store page sounds interesting, but I'll wait a discount.

Also Steam community forums never change:

OEqpcRP.png

Obviously it does for some people.....

See, this is what I don't get and loads of people do this. If you don't like it, why continue playing?
Nothing personal, just curious. :)

Getting over the feeling of having to finish games was one of the best things ever for me. Combine the feeling that you have to finish games with a big Steam backlog and I'd just feel bad about all the stuff I'm not playing. But with the attitude that I stick with games to wring just the maximum amount of fun per hour out of them and having a big backlog becomes way more cool. There are "long" games that I've picked up in bundles, played for an hour or two, enjoyed, then never touched again. And since I picked them up for usually less than $1 per game I don't feel like I'm wasting my time or money. Burnout: Paradise, Red Orchestra 2, Titan Quest are just a few that I've sampled in recent months and only played an hour or three of. Enjoyed all of them a bit, but not enough to keep playing when I started to feel the grind kicking in. Obviously not how everyone wants to play games. But it works really well for me.

Dr Dogg

sorry I'm not one of the cool kids that enjoy these creepy anime games steamgaf.

to those that do like them I, uh, hope they bring you satisfaction? yes, that's probably the right word.

Well when I said I wanted more Japanese games on Steam what we're getting is far from what I expected. Still it seams a few people are 'happy' they're being released so there's that at least.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The world would be a better place if more people didn't discriminate
against certain games
and just bought everything.

7h3t8HG.jpg

Turfster

Daily Blood Knights 50% off
Weekend
  • Democracy 3 50% off
  • Borderlands 2 50% off, free weekend, all DLC reduced except for Mr Torgue

Derrick01

Banned

Well when I asked for more japanese games on Steam I had stuff like Dragon's Dogma in mind. Not stuff that makes me feel like I'll be on a FBI watch list if I play it. Don't blame me for this!

Arthea

With be mine one and one (I wonder if that's why it's $1, and amazed nobody is asking themselves the same), I got to 700 games. That was fast :(
I hope I'm not going Jasec's way, but it sometimes feel like it!

About anime games, oh c'mon people, get off your high horses. Why almost everybody not into anime feels the need to poke at it? Does it makes you feel morally superior? mature? you get more enjoyment out of life this way? I thought steamgaf is above that. You disappoint me
not really, but it had to be said at least once!

Well when I asked for more japanese games on Steam I had stuff like Dragon's Dogma in mind. Not stuff that makes me feel like I'll be on a FBI watch list if I play it. Don't blame me I never asked for this!

Fixed that for you.

Anyone else pre-ordering Strider?

No. The only way they could get me to do that would be to offer Strider 1 and Strider 2 with it.

Is the daily that game about vampire incest?

That's Demonicon, I think. From what I've played of Blood Knights, it's a janky ARPG that reminds me of something that would've been in one of the Blade movies.

I know Interstellar Marines is in early access and starting the games even gives a warning it might crash, but I've tried it twice and after a few minutes of gameplay my entire PC crashes and reboots. :(

It sucks that you're having so many problems with it. I wonder what the issue is. I have no clue as I am not so good at the whole PC thing. If it weren't for GAF I never would have built this thing to begin with.

Dr Dogg

I was about to post about why is Democracy 3 a weekend deal when were only on Wednesday but I completely forgot it's Thursday already. Urhhhhh early year just blends into 1 long day for me.

JaseC

☆♥☆ ~ fixed ~ ☆♥☆

( ゚Д゚)<!!

☆♥☆ ~ saoirse ~ ☆♥☆

I was about to post about why is Democracy 3 a weekend when were only on Wednesday but I completely forgot it's Thursday already. Urhhhhh early year just blends into 1 long day for me.

While in school I would always use the previous year when writing down dates during the first week.

Maybe, but the forum would be a better place if you went back to your last avatar.

I'll go back to it eventually! It's just that as a result of the Grand Budapest Hotel premiere there's an abundance of new avatar material.

Relax.MX

Care with Be Mine bundle, I put $ 1 (regularly put more but those games are crap). And I charged 3 dollars, which is not much, but check when you make the purchase if I stole 2 dollars, maybe to you they can steal more.

nexen

A game about learning Japanese and potentially helping you with a future trip to Japan.
I don't get why people are yelling HENTAI all over the thread =/

OH is that what this is about? Might buy. Airfare to Japan was at a super low last time I checked because radiation panic.
edit: I calculated a 2 week trip to Tokyo for my family would cost as much as a 2 week trip to Disneyworld. That was a few months ago though, maybe it has gone up.

Derrick01

Banned
Ugh, I am so tired of crafting shit. It is one of the worst things that ever happened to RPGs.

Call me crazy but I want to actually craft in RPGs, especially the open world kind. Let me try to be a blacksmith and actually craft a sword or something that resembles one at least. I hate how crafting in games means gather junk and press a button to magically make something out of it. It takes no skill to do or any kind of effort, it's just busywork.

JaseC

A game about learning Japanese and potentially helping you with a future trip to Japan.
I don't get why people are yelling HENTAI all over the thread =/

My favourite hentai film is Grave of the Fireflies.

OH is that what this is about? Might buy. Airfare to Japan was at a super low last time I checked because radiation panic.
edit: I calculated a 2 week trip to Tokyo for my family would cost as much as a 2 week trip to Disneyworld. That was a few months ago though, maybe it has gone up.

Here in Australia it's generally cheaper to fly to Indonesia than it is to travel within your home state, let alone interstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom