• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

wait, what I am reading? Crafting is the best thing that happened to RPGs, right after multiclass system.

A game about learning Japanese and potentially helping you with a future trip to Japan.
I don't get why people are yelling HENTAI all over the thread =/

Not worth even trying to understand, I think.

yuraya

I thought this weekend I would enjoy CivilizationzV..now borderlands 2 is free D: so many choices..head is starting to hurt.

too%2Bmuch.gif

*shakes fist at steam*

Turfster

I thought this weekend I would enjoy CivilizationzV..now borderlands 2 is free D: so many choices..head is starting to hurt.

Civ V is fun, challenging and actually requires your brain.
Borderlands 2 is a boring, grindy, shit shooter that was obviously designed with co-op multiplayer in mind.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Borderlands 2 is a boring, grindy, shit shooter.

But morningbus told me it was his personal GOTY and indeed one of the finest games he's ever played.

nexen

Here in Australia it's generally cheaper to fly to Indonesia than it is to travel within your home state, let alone interstate.
I want to live in Australia. I would just sit there and build up my army with the continent bonus while all the other players kill each other off.

_hekk05

Banned
Borderlands 2 is a boring, grindy, shit shooter that was obviously designed with co-op multiplayer in mind.

But borderlands 2 has that gun that makes annoying midget sounds when you fire.

Pakkidis

Speaking of games that can not be removed from a library, I also have a game called Dota 2 Test in my library, it was added when I added Dota 2 to my library. I still have not installed Dota 2 yet. What is Dota 2 test?

Lunaniem

Got an extra Sleeping Dogs key I need to give. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-E1C94AB0B28D30ED - Taken by Luap. 26 entrants total.

t1391721806z1.png

rtcn63

Borderlands is fun for people who like partly-mindless loot games, such as myself. The feel of the shooting isn't great (not particularly weighty), but the gunplay is varied to compensate. Shit does hit the fan at higher levels though, prepare to grind for weapons and deal with a few irritating sub-bosses.

Lunaniem

Speaking of games that can not be removed from a library, I also have a game called Dota 2 Test in my library, it was added when I added Dota 2 to my library. I still have not installed Dota 2 yet. What is Dota 2 test?

Dota 2 Test is the version they often test out patches before it comes out for the main client.

Arthea

toomuch.gif

*shakes fist at steam*

Isn't it always?
I haven't played even first borderlands yet, but I have close to 100 hours in Civ V, does it eases your dilemma?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Groupees confirmation e-mail seems to be lagging badly. Haven't received anything from Paypal yet either, even though the bundle already shows in my account.

Vazduh

Just recieved AMD Never Settle Silver reward coupon on alienware arena website (they will give more later this month). I have few questions:
a) do those coupons have an expiry date
b) how often do they add new games
c) is Thief worth waiting for over Sleeping Dogs & Dirt 3 (those 2 are my current 'favorites') since previews were not so good?

Groupees confirmation e-mail seems to be lagging badly. Haven't received anything from Paypal yet either, even though the bundle already shows in my account.

Same. I received the Paypal confirmation, but nothing yet from their site either. That said, I'd rather see them flooded with orders than the opposite.

Relax.MX

too%2Bmuch.gif

*shakes fist at steam*

Im gonna help you..

Borderland 2: You played the first? well you already played this, is like a big DLC.

Civ V: You want to lose a couple of days(weeks?) of your life? Done, play this.

_hekk05

Banned
I hated Dead Island, but I am intrigued by this game. Let's see how it is. I guess is time for the MOBA fest in this years, like the WoW wave i gues this is another Dota2/LoL wave.

The wave is going to fail miserably. LOL and dota 2 already saturate the market. Then there's smite, awesomenauts, blizzard's MOBA etc. Market is more oversaturated than fpses at this point.

Good enough for 5$ sounds like enough of a ringing endorsement for me. I'm just trying to figure out what else I want to buy it with it. Kinda looking at Strider, the Shadowrun expansion and Thief.

Relax.MX

Just recieved AMD Never Settle Silver reward coupon on alienware arena website (they will give more later this month). I have few questions:
a) do those coupons have an expiry date
b) how often do they add new games
c) is Thief worth waiting for over Sleeping Dogs & Dirt 3 (those 2 are my current 'favorites') since previews were not so good?

Thief worth it even just to sell the key, you can get Sleeping Dogs for super cheap and Dirt 3 i dont know is not free? XO

Vahduz, I thought you were Chinner for a moment, the duck avatar is confusing me.

Already thought it was weird Chinner suddenly became more coherent when he started smoking.

ArjanN

I hated Dead Island, but I am intrigued by this game. Let's see how it is. I guess is time for the MOBA fest in this years, like the WoW wave i gues this is another Dota2/LoL wave.

From what I understand Dead Island Epidemic isn't really a MOBA game.

yuraya

Isn't it always?
I haven't played even first borderlands yet, but I have close to 100 hours in Civ V, does it eases your dilemma?

Im gonna help you..

Borderland 2: You played the first? well you already played this, is like a big DLC.

Civ V: You want to lose a couple of days(weeks?) of your life? Done, play this.

I haven't played either of the borderlands but for some reason I put 2 on my wishlist. Maybe because I thought it looked like TF2 lol. But yea Civ V is great. Played briefly for an hour earlier in the week and loved it. I might just try Borderlands to see if its worth buying at that price.

I really liked BL1 but BL2 just felt like more of the same, just not in a good way. It looked nicer, sure, but I really grew tired of the world/level design. It was ok to have barren open areas without much to do and dumb enemy AI in the first one but you've gotta step the shit up for a sequel.

Dr Dogg

Anyone else pre-ordering Strider?

I'm tempted but I'm still a little unsure about this as I've got some nostalgia filled memories from way back when so I'm waiting for impressions. If the price was £7 or less I'd take a gamble but even £11.99 is pushing it for a blind purchase.

HB weekly just has to be Popcap this time, it was too long.
Who's with me?

Almost 100% likely to be a Double Fine bundle, possibly Amnesia Fortnight 2.

At this point the popcap bundle might be held off on to cross promote Garden Warfare or when Peggle 2 inevitably makes it to every platform known to man.

From what I understand Dead Island Epidemic isn't really a MOBA game.

From the very brief play session I had, it seems like it's Left 4 Dead mixed with Diablo. As in there's normal infected, special infected, and a group of 4 of you try to complete levels cooperatively. I think there was L4D style versus too... I forgot. Anyway, it's MOBAy in that you have like a few skills and an ultimate. And you pick from different heroes. So, yeah, seemed like Left 4 Dead crossed with Diablo, with the ability limitations seen in MOBAs. Seemed like it could be fun, but no one was playing at the time, so I just wandered around alone for a bit.

Backlogger

Borderlands is fun for people who like partly-mindless loot games, such as myself. The feel of the shooting isn't great (not particularly weighty), but the gunplay is varied to compensate. Shit does hit the fan at higher levels though, prepare to grind for weapons and deal with a few irritating sub-bosses.

This. I am not even that far into the game and I already am seeing this.

Arthea

Almost 100% likely to be a Double Fine bundle, possibly Amnesia Fortnight 2.

At this point the popcap bundle might be held off on to cross promote Garden Warfare or when Peggle 2 inevitably makes it to every platform known to man.

If it's for Peggle 2, I can wait. Peggle was and probably still is my new tetris
and I was only one that cheered a poor Peggle 2 guy at E3 too :(

Volimar

From the indie bundle tracker group:

Edit - Apparently, posting shady deals is frowned upon in this establishment. But if you want to buy a totally awesome bridge, check out the indie bundle tracker group on steam.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina DESURA -- MB-B720E550E5D4583C - Taken by cardinalmind
Infected: The Twin Vaccine -- MB-F75E0E1321762A92 - Taken by Eanan
ulgzbKC.png
The Body Changer DESURA -- MB-6D7CEA6170049727
IL2 Sturmovick -- MB-EBB164E22B312A5E - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Ultionus I despise you if you claim that awful thing -- MB-4AE01F2394DF6EED - Taken by KenOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom