• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I had it set to unlimited on both ends. It should have been averaging 70-80 Mbps.

Huh? Well that sucks.

No idea why it doesn't take full advantage, I mean ShadowPlay kicks out a 50Mbps file and that's still a bit blocky.

There is a check box for hardware encoding so fingers crossed Valve have something up their sleeves.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Huh? Well that sucks.

No idea why it doesn't take full advantage, I mean ShadowPlay kicks out a 50Mbps file and that's still a bit blocky.

There is a check box for hardware encoding so fingers crossed Valve have something up their sleeves.
Yeah I understand it's still the beta but I hate how common these upper limits when they shouldn't be on PC.

Dr Dogg

Yeah I understand it's still the beta but I hate how common these upper limits when they shouldn't be on PC.

Exactly. It should be the other way round and have a cap on the entry requirements but the sky should be the limit. Let it utilise all the available bandwidth it needs. Sure things might break but hey that's what a beta is for.

I don't know if it's a cap or a problem with certain renderers (DX9 stuff is a bit dicey) but seeing as I've had a Gigabit network at home throughout for getting close to a decade I'd like to be able take full advantage of it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Just started playing Mark of the Ninja. Played the demo a while back but wasn't that impressed, but I'm really getting into it. The levels are a lot more open than I expected and it's pretty fun trying to clear them without killing any enemies.

XShagrath

But renaming wouldn't solve that issue unless you put numbers in.
Give us a "Sort Title" and a "Display Title." I have this option with some movie cataloging software that I use, and that way, I can keep series in the correct order, even if their titles don't line up that way alphabetically.

Volimar

Not much longer.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alpha Prime -- MB-E7CD4158E6B18049 - Taken by ohblahitsme. 3 entrants total.
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-CAC415ACDFA5A349 - Taken by Benedict. 6 entrants total.
ARMA: Cold War Assault -- MB-90A4EA469392904E - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 9 entrants total.

t1390774094z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Give us a "Sort Title" and a "Display Title." I have this option with some movie cataloging software that I use, and that way, I can keep series in the correct order, even if their titles don't line up that way alphabetically.
That would be fantastic of they did implement that sort of feature.

stonedwal

Think I'll bite on the BioShock Infinite deal, haven't seen anything else I want to use that credit on.

Tempted by Duke Forever. Played through it on the 360 and didn't hate it (a rare instance where load times pissed me off, though), and my brother spoke positively of the Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC. Have been waiting for a drop for a while - based on what the console versions sell for, I'd have thought it'd be 99c by now.

So close to beating Jamestown. That last level is so much tougher than the boss that I don't have enough continues to beat him when I get greedy and blindly go for the gears in the midst of a field of bullets.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I tell ya its a thing of beauty to finally be playing games like Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider all on ultra settings with AA and AF at 60 fps on my TV. Recently was able to get a hold of a small form factor media pc(16gbram, 4770, 770gtx) that now sits below my ps4, and using a controller or wireless key/mouse to play games is amazing. Image quality is insane when you factor what the PC brings with AA settings. Im really getting into it now that i got a good wireless key/mouse combo for the couch.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I tell ya its a thing of beauty to finally be playing games like Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider all on ultra settings with AA and AF at 60 fps on my TV. Recently was able to get a hold of a small form factor media pc(16gbram, 4770, 770gtx) that now sits below my ps4, and using a controller or wireless key/mouse to play games is amazing. Image quality is insane when you factor what the PC brings with AA settings. Im really getting into it now that i got a good wireless key/mouse combo for the couch.
Yeah PC gaming on a tv is pretty dope. I just put a full size case next to my tv setup though lol.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Can yall name some good local co-op or vs games? Gonna play some Nidhogg all night but want some backups for breaks inbetween.

Can yall name some good local co-op or vs games? Gonna play some Nidhogg all night but want some backups for breaks inbetween.

can't go wrong with the classics - re5 (split screen mod), l4d2 (console command), portal 2 (console command) all have split screen. i played through all of them with my wife.

street fighter.

go here and filter out the games if you're really out of ideas:

http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Ooh looks fun!

Risk of rain, speed runners, divekick, spelunky!

Samurai Gunn?

Got all these actually, thanks!

can't go wrong with the classics - re5 (split screen mod), l4d2 (console command), portal 2 (console command) all have split screen. i played through all of them with my wife.

street fighter.

Ah thanks, will do!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

street fighter.

Portal 2 has official split-screen support these days. I'd figured that Valve would add "native" split-screen support to its relevant games after the release of BPM but apparently Portal 2 is the one lucky duck.

Has anyone ever had a problem with Dark Souls where it hangs for a while on the small Steam dialogue box that says 'preparing to load' or something like that when you open Dark Souls? The game eventually launches but it's annoying to have to wait.

Levyne

Banned
Finally got my Demons Souls platinum. I'll have to take a few days break and then get into Dark Souls before the sequel comes out!

Might & Magic X is a lot of fun, makes me regret having not touched the other games in the series(although I've played many of the Heroes games) Great dungeon design and combat. Looks pretty nice at times but oddly dated at others, which makes the performance woes a bit more annoying. Still, really enjoying going through it.

Finally got my Demons Souls platinum. I'll have to take a few days break and then get into Dark Souls before the sequel comes out!
My heart couldn't take the shard grinding.

Levyne

Banned
I lucked into all of the stuff except that damn 4th chaos em Pure Bladestone.

On topic, someone gifted me VVVVV, seems like a decent buffer game to give a whirl.

dani_dc

IOn topic, someone gifted me VVVVV, seems like a decent buffer game to give a whirl.

The game is challenging on his own right, probably won't take you a few days though.
Very nifty game that keeps reinventing itself though, if you enjoy platformers and being challenge definitively give VVVVVV a shot.

Copons

I must say, it's sooo liberating to be able to set everything at ultra/extreme/frigging high/such gfx every game in my library.

Unfortunately, my new rig won't be able to fix my account being family-sharing-locked by my girlfriend playing CSD.
Chubigans, if you're out there, just know that I kinda hate you! :D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I must say, it's sooo liberating to be able to set everything at ultra/extreme/frigging high/such gfx every game in my library.

Unfortunately, my new rig won't be able to fix my account being family-sharing-locked by my girlfriend playing CSD.
Chubigans, if you're out there, just know that I kinda hate you! :D
Bwahaha

Just finish To the Moon. Really dug the story, very
Butterfly Effect / Inception / Memento
vibe. Didn't exactly get all the feels that everyone else got though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom