• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe
you play as Elizabeth
. Not sure the context of the story, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.
I know I'm going to play as Elizabeth, I just don't know how they are going to pull this off story wise.

Funny thing, it seems like the staff of PCGamer were having a hard time understanding the endings of both the base game and the DLC.

Managed to kill a giant in Skyrim hid behind some rocks and shot it with like 50 arrows lol

466644F08FE16444C9A1678265B2FFB30B9BCD4A

jediyoshi

metro steam skin update
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433482731#announcements/detail/1801739524548489779

Settings Dialog:
Moved Family View section to top
Restored divider between sections
Increased settings window height by 20px
Reduced Authorized Accounts list by 40px to accommodate for Family View options
Authorized Accounts list resizes based on available space

Details View:
Increased game background/screenshot opacity
Increased game screenshot mask size slightly
Reduced screenshot mask gradient banding

IBACUeW.png

Colin.

I know Crysis 3 is nice to look at, but how good is the game? On the fence about using another coupon to get it, as I don't have many left.

I know Crysis 3 is nice to look at, but how good is the game? On the fence about using another coupon to get it, as I don't have many left.
The only good parts are when most or all of the enemies on the map are humans. When the Ceph get a heavy presence, the game becomes intensely unfun.

Caerith

I think I got most of the equipment from looting in every RPG, do you guys enjoy crafting in RPGs?

For crafting to be enjoyable in RPGs, it needs to be useful and not a pain in the ass. If a game is handing out stuff equal to or better than the stuff you can craft, there's no point in crafting. If crafting seems to exist solely to pad out the grind, then it isn't enjoyable.

With that said, I think the only game where I enjoyed crafting was FFXI.

I know I'm going to play as Elizabeth, I just don't know how they are going to pull this off story wise.

Funny thing, it seems like the staff of PCGamer were having a hard time understanding the endings of both the base game and the DLC.

The ending of the DLC was definitely easier to process than the base game. That being said, I would LOVE for them to take pt. 2 back to Columbia. Wishful thinking I'm guessing.

Chronoja

I've never crafted potions in Skyrim before, all of them came from looting.

Potions were fairly meh outside of resource ones and the blacksmith and enchanting ones. Some of the poisons though were glorious. Crafting some high value Damage Over Time poisons, slipping them into someone's pocket completely unawares and watch them die in a matter of second never got old, at least for me. Only thing to beat it is slipping mines into peoples pockets in Fallout.

Seems like people don't like crafting all that much.

The ending of the DLC was definitely easier to process than the base game. That being said, I would LOVE for them to take pt. 2 back to Columbia. Wishful thinking I'm guessing.
I want them to make DLC from the cut content, some stuff from the previous demos looks really cool.

I put a good 90 hours into Dark Souls on the PS3 and Blighttown is still horrifying on the PC. So stressful.

And coming back to Skyrim is a good time, excited to finally play some of the expansion content and finish up things I hadn't done. Plus with the power of mods I can have my wonderful exaggerated depth of field effects that I love so.

v0rtikal

I had high expectations for "Brothers: A tale of two sons" ... but I found it boring and so basic. I know this a story-driven kind of game but I don't know.. I'll keep playing to see what happens

Seagoon

I had high expectations for "Brothers: A tale of two sons" ... but I found it boring and so basic. I know this a story-driven kind of game but I don't know.. I'll keep playing to see what happens

I felt the same way when I started playing it. Stick with it, the set pieces and the way the story unfolds is worth the frustration of the controls and some mechanics overstaying their welcome. The game is pretty short (around 3 hours if I remember correctly).

That's part of the problem. In a game where story is the focus like this, it just didn't deliver for me. I can name at leastt 4 other games I played where the story was the focus and there was very little gameplay that were leaps and bounds above Brothers.

That's not to say there aren't a few high points -- some of the artistic design is well done and the customized interactions of the brothers in parts was well done (I recall the cat, most specifically), but everything else seemed so clunky and forced to me.

I felt the same way when I started playing it. Stick with it, the set pieces and the way the story unfolds is worth the frustration of the controls and some mechanics overstaying their welcome. The game is pretty short (around 3 hours if I remember correctly).

I really disagree that it's "worth it".

But, yes, the game is like 2-3 hours max. I have 3 hours on record, 12/12 achievements, and I had time idling at pause menus, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom