• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try deauthorising then reauthorising your PC.

Hmm, didn't seem to do anything but I got Dawnguard's quest so I just must be missing the activation for Heathfire/Dragonborn somehow. Is there a way to check in-game what dlc you have?

Edit: Check the load order and Dawnguard is the only dlc esm listed. Weird, I know he has them because I'm looking at the pages right now. I certainly didn't buy Dawnguard so there's no other reason I'd have it.

Deques

How does dlc work with gamesharing? My friend owns all the skyrim add-on currently but seemingly only Dawnguard is registering in my game.

I believe if you already have the game, then you won't be able to see your friends DLCs for the game. If you don't have the game, then you will see the game plus the DLC's

I believe if you already have the game, then you won't be able to see your friends DLCs for the game. If you don't have the game, then you will see the game plus the DLC's

Makes sense, just kind of annoying now as only Dawnguard is getting picked up by the sharing apparently.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

This is apparently a bug which reauthorisation usually fixes. The FAQ makes no mention of there being exceptions to the accessibility of pre-existing DLC:

Who owns and can access the DLC and in-game content associated with a shared title?

A guest will have access to the account holder's DLC, but guests may not purchase DLC for a base game they don't own. Any player may purchase, trade, earn, or otherwise acquire in-game content while playing a game, but in-game items cannot be shared between accounts. These items remain the property of the account that purchased or acquired them.

By deauthorize do you just mean "deauthorize this computer" in the family settings and then re-enable it or is a restart needed before re-enabling?

JaseC

By deauthorize do you just mean "deauthorize this computer" in the family settings and then re-enable it or is a restart needed before re-enabling?

I'd recommend a restart to be on the safe side, but it's a moot point in this case as there definitely seems to be an issue with Skyrim:

steamfsskyrim5pian.jpg

Our situations are inverses of one another -- you're missing the high-res texture pack, Hearthfire and Dragonborn whereas I'm only missing Dawnguard, haha.

Xanathus

Been playing Deadly Premonition and I'm actually enjoying it, but I wish someone could play the game for me (while getting the achievements on my account) while I watch them.

Kiru

I certainly didn't buy Dawnguard so there's no other reason I'd have it.
I know that they fucked up a few months ago where the steam client downloaded the Dawnguard esm as an update for free. They fixed it but if you downloaded it before the fix you still have it. Maybe that's why you have it?

I know that they fucked up a few months ago where the steam client downloaded the Dawnguard esm as an update for free. They fixed it but if you downloaded it before the fix you still have it. Maybe that's why you have it?

Yeah that happened to me too. Still not sure if I should delete it as I've already started it without realising.

Milamber

I usually switch to the latest GiantBomb / How did this get made podcasts I have downloaded when I'm in for the long haul in ETS2. I never fall asleep cause I'm too busy listening.

Arthea

10,000,000 is so fun in hysterical way (><)
seriously, I knew I would like it, being a blend of genres and all, but I haven't thought I'll enjoy it that much. A great little game

JaseC

That's probably what happened as I leave my computer running most of the time. Still really bizarre as to why it's not registering my friend's Skyrim dlc. Should I contact Valve support?

JaseC

That's probably what happened as I leave my computer running most of the time. Still really bizarre as to why it's not registering my friend's Skyrim dlc. Should I contact Valve support?

Do you see any DLC listed in the game's properties windows (see my earlier post)?

neoanarch

I've gotten 4 dollars off the GreenmanGaming data mining thingie. I'm gonna wait for a good sale though or keep milking it for spare change.

Tizoc

10,000,000 is so fun in hysterical way (><)
seriously, I knew I would like it, being a blend of genres and all, but I haven't thought I'll enjoy it that much. A great little game

I'ma install it later today and try it out.

Oh and I got a question about cards:
I got 3 cards from playing Magic 2014 and it says there are no drops remaining. I need 10 cards to craft a badge, is the only way to get the remaining 7 cards I need is thru trading and buying?

Deques

I've gotten 4 dollars off the GreenmanGaming data mining thingie. I'm gonna wait for a good sale though or keep milking it for spare change.

I got almost £3 since I joined yesterday. I found out that I missed £0.85 from Hitman Absolution achievements :(

I got 3 cards from playing Magic 2014 and it says there are no drops remaining. I need 10 cards to craft a badge, is the only way to get the remaining 7 cards I need is thru trading and buying?

Yes, you also get cards from booster packs

The numbers of card that drops for a game us half of the total cards, so you should have more 2 drops.

Tizoc

I got almost £3 since I joined yesterday. I found out that I missed £0.85 from Hitman Absolution achievements :(

How do I get booster packs? Do I get them by 100% all cheevos of a game?

Deques

The numbers of card that drops for a game us half of the total cards, so you should have more 2 drops.

Tizoc might have gotten duplicates. Check your inventory if it is so

From a wiki
Once you have gotten all of your card drops for a game you own, you have a chance of recieving a booster pack. Boosters contain 3 random cards from the set. The odds of recieving a booster pack increases based on your Steam level - 20% for every 10 levels. In addition, Valve has said that there is a 'anti-bad luck' measure in play: the longer you go without recieving a pack, the greater your odds of recieving one in future giveaways.

Booster packs are given out in batches: a number of Half-Life 2 booster packs will be given out at one time for players eligible for Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead packs at a different time, and so on. The timing of when packs are awarded is not known, but is based on the badges that are crafted. As cards are used up as players craft badges, those cards are replenished by pack giveaways. Thus the total number of cards available for a given game is constant.

(minus the influx of cards from new game purchases?)

Arthea

If you like roguelikes and puzzle games, you'll like it, believe me!

You can trade some cards of other games for cards of Magic 2014 (there is site for this, can't find a link now), or you can buy them (I did that), or you can wait for booster packs, the last option is ridiculous though, unless you are luckiest person in universe, you'll wait years and years to craft it.

I use the standard one myself too. I find it to look the best, personally.

me too, I like ui as simple as I can get.

JaseC

Peruse this FAQ. The short answer is "no". Supposedly the drop rate is based on that which users are crafting badges but I firmly believe this just a little white lie designed to encourage crafting.

Edit: Beaten.

Do you see any DLC listed in the game's properties windows (see my earlier post)?

Nope(well, aside from the texture pack downloaded ages ago), so I definitely got Dawnguard via the bug. Just don't know why the dlc isn't showing up. All of his non uplay/social club/etc games show up without issues and I play games from the shared pool without issue.

neoanarch

The conversion rate is killing me its suppose to be closer to seven USD. But its free money so really I'm just being and asshole.

Is there a chart for the booster pack drop rate? I know its linked with your level but I have no idea how it works.

Tizoc

Alright thanks guys, now to find out how to get the remaining cards, if any in Magic 2014. I did get 1 duplicate card which I sold off, and IIRC, Magic 2014 needs 10 cards for a badge...if not 7. In which case I didn't get a booster @3@

Arthea

I joined this weekend, inspite of saying I won't many times!
But I have problem with it, I did lots of tasks, but was rewarded only for some of them. Is it beta's fault, or should I contact gmg or playfire. Seems a little stupid to demand more free money, but they thought of rules, not me.
There is another thought, I haven't got rewarded for running a game for the first time for example. May be it has to be bought on gmg to count or something? But then again they have general rewards for play time and things. And can they track which game on steam is bought where at all?

Deques

The conversion rate is killing me its suppose to be closer to seven USD. But its free money so really I'm just being and asshole.

Is there a chart for the booster pack drop rate? I know its linked with your level but I have no idea how it works.

It says in the FAQ where JaseC linked to

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

JaseC

Nope(well, aside from the texture pack downloaded ages ago), so I definitely got Dawnguard via the bug. Just don't know why it won't show up. All his games do and I play things in his library without issue.

That is strange. Submit a ticket, but be sure to mention that you've tried reauthorising your system and that your friend does in fact own the DLC (provide his account name or alternatively a screenshot of his properties window).

Gvaz

Banned
so far we've got lemmy from motorhead, mother fucking ozzy, both of whom are doing voice acting for themselves, black metal references, metal references ranging from old to new style bands, the more metal things you do in the sort of open world the more rep you get that allows you to unlock stuff

the combat kind of stinks a big fat one, and the driving is holy shit terrible (how is DP driving better than this??) but the story is gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom