• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be around my age then. I will be 33 in April.

I remember both games fondly. I'm 35 (36 in a couple months).

There was a Kickstarter to fund a 3rd game, but, that did not turn out very well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roblanderos/the-7th-guest-3-the-collector

EDIT: Top of page! Uh, buy Shadow Warrior, but, be prepared for it to drag on a little bit.

EDIT 2: Oh, didn't realize they were trying again. https://trilobyte.crowdhoster.com/the-7th-guest-3-the-collector

Also, buy Broken Age. :)

Anyone got a yay or nay on Sparkle 2 Evo?
It's only $1.24, has achievements and cards and looks like a copy of Fl0w with some psychedelic drug influences...

destx

I finished Deadpool last night, had a real good time. I was expecting it to be complete trash so I was pleasantly surprised. I think it plays best if you ignore the guns.

when is revengeance 2 ;_;

Dr Dogg

Ah good to know. I guess I'll hold off for now.

If you got an Nvida 600 series (ie Kepler) or later on the machine you'll be streaming from (ie the host) you're golden. The client just needs a good enough CPU, GPU and amount of vram to be able to handle decoding a stream of the resolution you set on the client. Drivers are obviously very mature on Windows and Nvidia and Intel are very well supported on Linux but ATI/AMD is still a bit behind.

DX9 stuff is more demanding due to the way the stream is captured (this post by ashecitism explains why) but DX10/11 stuff is quiet efficient.

Any way lets have some pics to spice things up.

Here's what I get when using hardware decoding in Assassin's creed at 1080p.
L5emgssl.png

And here's what happens if I disable hardware decoding.
YGdoeLxl.png

Ouch. That's a big hit. Of course you can tweak the settings to a certain degree and not try and encode the stream at such a large bitrate but this is just an example.

Edit: Forget that last bit it was a SteamDB post. At present I don't think anyone has said Hardware decoding is active but it's certainly makes a big difference for me. Trying to stream from my old machine (Q6600 GTX480) is a horrible experience and disabling hardware encoding doesn't do anything. Regardless it has been great fun to play around with.

Edit, edit: I'm going to play around with a few more setups but streaming from each of my 3 Windows instals yields different results. It's nice to be in an old fashioned beta for a change.

Persona 4 being remade in Source 2?

Perforce. It's version control software. There's a main build of a game, people working on certain aspects of the game can check out files to their own local build, essentially lock them. They can then do their work, test their changes locally and then submit to the main build. Each submission is a new version of a file and part of a new changelist.

Dr Dogg

And Latency would refer to how long it takes an input to register on the screen?

Well as you can see you have 3 kinds of latency, input, game and video. Input relates to how long it takes for the input to register from client to host, game is how long it takes for the game to respond on the host and video is how long it take for the video to update on the client.

In DX9 stuff I do feel a fair few frames behind but most of them if not all only manage 30fps. DX10/11 really flies though.

Any way I should really be posting this in this Streaming thread and not cluttering up here (sorry).

Grief.exe

Well as you can see you have 3 kinds of latency, input, game and video. Input relates to how long it takes for the input to register from client to host, game is how long it takes for the game to respond on the host and video is how long it take for the video to update on the client.

In DX9 stuff I do feel a fair few frames behind but most of them if not all only manage 30fps. DX10/11 really flies though.

Any way I should really be posting this in this Streaming thread and not cluttering up here (sorry).

I am not in the streaming thread so it is interesting for me.

Caerith

Any thoughts on KickBeat? I love rhythm games and this one looks kind of cool, but it seemingly came out of nowhere.

Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of it. It doesn't look appealing, but then again I'm only really into rhythm games about sentient drums that you can dress up as dogs and bomb your versus opponent with takoyaki, so maybe you'll be into it.

Grief.exe

Looks like they fixed their system from the last sale of this type.

Allow people to add or subtract time so good games last longer, while bad games can go away quickly.

Last sale, good games would stick around for a matter of seconds, while a couple bad games would stay up for over an hour.

P4cn8Nr.jpg

Arthea

Allow people to add or subtract time so good games last longer, while bad games can go away quickly.

Last sale, good games would stick around for a matter of seconds, while a couple bad games would stay up for over an hour.
That's good idea, at least no more nightmares about Jack Keane!

So...10,000,000...pretty good despite it's lulzy graphics.

I told you!
A game is pure crack too. It sometimes ends so fast, like you start slowly saying "OK, let's run this dungeo, oh! OK, let's rerun it then, oh! OK one more time.
Plain hilarious, I'm not sure is it intended, but it plays like parody on roguelikes, a good parody I must add.
And when you level your home and equipment and get better, you have longer runs, and you think, "oh well, back to normality", at that exact moment you level you adventure rank and are thrown into madness again. Really, a great game. (><)

Ezra2680

Is this live already or did you find a preview?

kulapik

Man, my laptop sucks, it overheats continuosly (thank that I'm listening music and it freezes so I know it's going to turn off), and I'm using an external fan. I guess I'll have to clean it up somehow, which is definetely harder that a tower computer :/

Does anyone here own Sega Bass Fishing on Steam? I'm wondering if the Steam version is any good. I loved it on the Dreamcast, but I don't know if it'd translate well without the fishing controller.

radMonkey

I joined this weekend, inspite of saying I won't many times!
But I have problem with it, I did lots of tasks, but was rewarded only for some of them. Is it beta's fault, or should I contact gmg or playfire. Seems a little stupid to demand more free money, but they thought of rules, not me.
There is another thought, I haven't got rewarded for running a game for the first time for example. May be it has to be bought on gmg to count or something? But then again they have general rewards for play time and things. And can they track which game on steam is bought where at all?

The more issues you report during the BETA, the more data we have to work with. Submit a customer support ticket with as much information as possible, and if the faults our side they'll credit your account.

We can't track where you bought your games, unless obviously it was with us. :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Amazon price matched Steam's sale on Lords of Football, making it only $2.49 if you have any editor's choice coupons left, and activates on Steam.

I got one laptop from friend to see what is going on(random shutdown) and the problem was dust.He have core I7 with nvidia gamers card.Heat producer :)

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-CF68F0FDE660035C - Taken by jmizzal
Naval Warfare -- MB-5D0A80CC44DEFA14 - Taken by topyy
=-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom