• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then when they end, they always switch you back to the fucking shittiest pistol (even if it's the only fucking gun that has no ammo) and immediately make 50 mooks attack you.

All enemies can be killed by a headshot, and every shot causes an effect on enemies, even if it's just them flinching because of flying debris

Allowing for the player to kill one or two enemies without alerting them during the cutscene would've been better. MP3 has more actual shootouts compared to MP2, the latter of which had so many "dive around corner while two guys chat, kill them without and back-and-forth" moments.

"Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection"
You have to be online to play?

How does Canyon compare to Stadium?

I believe so. I know the demo makes you joing lobbies to play it.

I have no idea. I've only played the demo for canyon, which I downloaded because of that amazing gif.

Dr Dogg

http://abload.de/img/mp346pn8.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

Hahaha but have you tried it in 2.35:1 yet? Cutscenes (real time and rendered) are fucked and the menus are kind of funky but boy does it work.

Also got another one of your favs working a treat and that's Prototype 2. Says it all when the prerendered cutscenes are a pixel perfect fit.

What have you and Nabs done to me? This shit's like crack.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hahaha but have you tried it in 2.35:1 yet? Cutscenes (real time and rendered) are fucked and the menus are kind of funky but boy does it work.

Also got another one of your favs working a treat and that's Prototype 2. Says it all when the prerendered cutscenes are a pixel perfect fit.

You done good.

Saint's Row 4 has a similar issue with cutscenes to what you described in MP3, but the gameplay improvement is soooo worth it.

Nabs

About the Game

“METAL SLUG 3”, the masterpiece in SNK’s emblematic 2D run & gun action shooting game series, still continues to fascinate millions of fans worldwide to this day for its intricate dot-pixel graphics, and simple and intuitive game controls! The most highly praised title in the series among Metal Slug fans for its refined balance and game volume, heads out to the Steam gaming platform!

MAIN FEATURES

・ARCADE MODE (MAIN MISSION):
Play the arcade version of “METAL SLUG 3” from the beginning, and explore 5 immense challenging stages featuring multiple branching paths to explore exciting new areas! Make your way through the deluge of fire and fight off gigantic boss characters!

・MISSION MODE (STAGE SELECT):
Play your favorite stages at will and train alone or with a brother-in-arms on the missions you have unlocked so far!

・ONLINE MISSION (ONLINE MULTIPLAYER):
Connect to Steam and clear missions with friends far away via Online Co-Op Play.
Find a fellow countryman or foreign ally and let the mission begin!

・SETTINGS:
Configure display, control, and language settings.

・GALLERY:
View original illustrations of the game that you've unlocked.

・LEADERBOARDS
Check your current rank and score in “METAL SLUG 3” at any time,
and compete with other players to become the world's No. 1 soldier!
Current Players

Grief.exe

50UYEGX.png

That instant PC port talk for MGS:GZ, Kojima had about 10 seconds.

Comes with everything but trading cards. I wonder how resolution will work, I doubt it will be able to natively do 1080p, but I am not too knowledgeable with the franchise.

zkylon

zkylewd
While not as good as 1 or 2 I didn't find 3 THAT bad, though it did have its problems.
the game is not that bad, but I hate unskippable cutscenes and I hate the specific atrocious unskippable cutscenes rockstar didn't allow me to skip because they were for some reason enamored in spite of them being godawfully bad

but yea it looked pretty and played alright even tho I wasn't allowed to open doors myself

Nabs

icBH5mpG4YLPh.gif

Fools just don't know. Half of the replies in the 21:9 thread had me shaking my head.

I haven't played any of the Legacy of Kain games and given the collection is 7 dollars on amazon(or 2.50 with the coupon) now seems like the time to do so. How are the PC ports? Any graphical mods or things of that nature?

The V.I.P.s in Cook,Serve,Delicious are really busting my balls. "Hey, why don't you put for 4 hardest foods on your menu...we'll be by later"

Dicks

In-Home Streaming is totally epic. I may never install another game on my laptop now that I found out I can remote install on the desktop. Tweaked the bandwidth settings and things run like butter now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And thats this years Assassins Creed completely completed. I think I'm just below Jase in terms of having a compulsion to do EVERYTHING in them (Except the chests and fragments scattered on random islands. Fuck those 30 remaining collectables), but I'm not quite sure why.

Collecting the chests and fragments scattered about the open world would be less annoying if the game didn't "push" your ship away several meters when it's deemed too close to land (even though it's not).

Gone Home had added appeal and immersion for me since its set in and they made a lot of references to the city that I live in (as the studio is set in the same city). Seriously, I don't know if people who don't know the area would catch onto it, but everything they made reference to in the game is real, from the bands to the locations and some local Portland merchandising.

It makes sense as they are located here they knew local things. Even those pizza boxes laid all over the place are based on a real small pizza chain settled here. For me it added to a certain level of immersion but also surrealism as it all seemed so normal.

It doesn't take place in Portland though.

It takes place in the Portland of the Bioshock and System Shock universe.

GaussTek

So, DotEmu is handling the Metal Slug 3 port (according to Steam's page)... they've ported several other classic games to PC and iOS/Android, right?

Hopefully more arrive on Steam soon... including Metal Slug 7 / XX :D

neoemonk

I played a little Torchlight tonight. I got to floor 30. I think I'm getting close to the end.

I looked at my achievements for this game and I got my first one in 2010. Same character. So I'm coming up on four years total for this game. I should finish it up by 2015 at my current rate.

Blizzard

Banned
Did anyone else have a prompt to opt out of the Starbound update? I thought Steam changed the system so you could finally play games without updating. I was really happy about that. But today, right click and choosing play game seems to have forced me into the update without the prompt box, just like the days of old.
Updating about this, I tried with both Project CARS and Starbound, and both of them now behave the same way. With the do not update setting, they stay frozen at update required, but if I try to right click, play game, it instantly starts downloading the update instead of giving me a prompt dialog giving me the option to play without updating. For a while, I got the dialog box. I even made a thread about it.

I am not opted into any betas...any idea what I might be missing if this works for everyone else?

I was looking up videos of the iOS version of MS3 and it features the same character select art, explains why there's a button on the top right. I guess it's a port of that version?

RIP
499043-metal-slug-3-playstation-2-screenshot-character-selection.png

OH MY FUCKING GOD

metal slug on steam? based snk is doing god's work.

mark of the wolves next please!!!
I'm really kinda hoping they go back and make more Garou, King of Fighters is great and all, but Garou's my jam.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
i think the last time i played a metal slug it was start to finish on one of those badass neogeo multicart arcade machines on coney island

Grief.exe

Got an extensive amount of media coverage today from Eurogamer, Neoseekers, 4players, and more.

Come join in on the discussion in the thread, sign the petition, and retweet, or make your own, to spread the word.

Hit the 8,000 signatures mark.

PC Gamers Assemble!

newsteam-assemble-gif.gif

Let's come together as a community and show Sega that the demand for Bayo, Vanquish, VF5, Valkyria Chronicles, and more is there.

Petition
GAF Thread
Retweet to spread the word

lebv9d2.jpg

Got an extensive amount of media coverage today from Eurogamer, Neoseekers, 4players, and more.

Come join in on the discussion in the thread, sign the petition, and retweet, or make your own, to spread the word.
I don't have much to contribute to the thread itself, but I'm glad it's coming along and thanks for the effort you and Taro have put in. Of the three proposed I care about Vanquish the least, but even if that's the only one that ends up coming to PC I'd consider it a huge success.

But I really want some VF on PC, I think it could be a great thing for that series.

donny2112

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider 2013 -- MB-DB5BB637BC3C1514

t1390969532z1.png

Got a $5 Amazon code for buying Tomb Raider to give away at the Christmas sale, and used the $5 code to give away Tomb Raider again from the January sale. Yes, it is just that worth playing. :lol

Zia

Just finished Fez for the fifth time. Yeah, I think I'm going to take a break from it... for the next five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom