• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a $5 Amazon code for buying Tomb Raider to give away at the Christmas sale, and used the $5 code to give away Tomb Raider again from the January sale. Yes, it is just that worth playing. :lol

Yeah, it's a surprisingly good game. I quite liked the pre-combat stealth parts with the Bow.

Grief.exe

I don't have much to contribute to the thread itself, but I'm glad it's coming along and thanks for the effort you and Taro have put in. Of the three proposed I care about Vanquish the least, but even if that's the only one that ends up coming to PC I'd consider it a huge success.

But I really want some VF on PC, I think it could be a great thing for that series.

It would be great for all of the games in the series. If not for Nintendo, then Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Valkyria Chronicles are not getting sequels and could use the sales boost. Not sure about VF.

Just finished Fez for the fifth time. Yeah, I think I'm going to take a break from it... for the next five years.

Wow! You must have really enjoyed your time with that one.

Got my Stormbringer run done on MGR:R (note: if you're doing this, you MUST finish R07 last with S ranking).

However, I am now flabbergasted at the horror of Sam's DLC achievements for Revengeance runs and no damaging the final boss. I don't think I'll ever get them... it's just a massacre.

Care of SNK

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Metal Slug 3 beta -- MB-EA6BB52A34F92CD7 - Taken by Rickenslacker. 9 entrants total.

t1390887948z1.png

Mairu

I should check too.

Also just completed VVVVVV. Fun little game. Don't think I want to go after all of the trinket items, though.

Can't see anything worthwhile :/

Looking down the list of the stuff that went on sale in the CAG post... so many EA games :|

Seems ok, but nothing earth shattering:

It is metal slug 3.
Yep. Definitely don't like the character select, and some sounds seem off (like the "go forward" indicator, or the laser from the second boss), but nothing that would ultimately detract me from a purchase.

Some of these achievements are terrible though; throw 300 grenades, play 100 times as each character, save 1000 POWs, how dull. There is one for doing a 1CC so that'll be fun at least.

mrgone

Metal Slug 3 is pretty great, though. I hope the whole Metal Slug collection (that was actually released for PC a few years ago) will make it onto Steam eventually.

edit: Though if the ports are weird.. eh.

Silky

Banned
The first one to quote this message receives a code for the Metal Slug 3 beta.

Yes, ModBot scares the fuck out of me still. :/

Gvaz

Banned
Imagine if there was a game that had great voice acting, a sort of interesting story, combat that was linear, graphics like League of Legends or DOTA, and gameplay kind of like a stripped down Dragon Age.

It's Aarklash Legacy.

Ironically, the same company made the game Confrontation. I only tried it for a little bit but I wish I could trade my copy of confrontation for aarklash :|

I do. I used to be in the camp of not understanding their imporantance at all, but on most desk surfaces they improve things nicely.

EDIT: I had a coupon thing to get a free one printed with my own design so I doodled this out 3 years back. It's a good mousepad:
That is pretty cool, yes.
I do, it's a steelseries one.

I used to have one but then I moved and now I don't. That was years ago.

Ban Puncher

Posted on the Steam MS3 forum and accepted a friend request from 'SNK.Prog_Jace' but no key....yet.

C'mon, daddy needs his medicine....

Edit: KEY GET

An-Det

Tonight I both beat the Capra Demon in Dark Souls and unlocked The Kid in Super Meat Boy. I dont think I'll have a more accomplished time playing games in a while. I'd forgotten how damn fantastic Super Meat Boy is, too. It actually complimented Dark Souls fairly well, both being challenging but not unfair (most of the time). Damn good night.

Aside from that, I noticed that the Current Players for Resident Evil 4 (steam) is at 1. Probably a dev/tester, but still damn jealous.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tonight I both beat the Capra Demon in Dark Souls and unlocked The Kid in Super Meat Boy. I dont think I'll have a more accomplished time playing games in a while. I'd forgotten how damn fantastic Super Meat Boy is, too. It actually complimented Dark Souls fairly well, both being challenging but not unfair (most of the time). Damn good night.

Aside from that, I noticed that the Current Players for Resident Evil 4 (steam) is at 1. Probably a dev/tester, but still damn jealous.

A Capcom dev has been uploading screenshots to the game's hub.

catabarez

Have fun guys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for catabarez:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Slug 3 -- MB-80C7C1D5F4BF37C3 - Taken by Deques. 20 entrants total.

t1390894023z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom