• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was going to participate in the slug giveaway but then I remembered I'm still deep in Marvel so I won't fuck up other peoples chances of winning it. I'll buy it eventually anyway

I hope they are video filters. I don't want blurry graphics, I want pixelated graphics :D

Looks like I won Metal Slug 3 :D
Will try it later today

More natural shot compared to the stretched/filtered pic earlier:

250180_2014-01-28_000khunn.png

Jawmuncher

I do. I used to be in the camp of not understanding their imporantance at all, but on most desk surfaces they improve things nicely.

EDIT: I had a coupon thing to get a free one printed with my own design so I doodled this out 3 years back. It's a good mousepad:

Don't know what even going on there but I love it.

Metal Slug 3 on steam is nice...though I would have preferred all of them.

Jawmuncher

I just bought Titanfall on PC. In part thanks to the 25% off at GMG code I got and because I had a kickass dream about it.
EDIT:GMG is being lame over here looks like i'm not buying it now unless I can get it to work

I got the Metal Slug 3 beta from the community hub. Seems like they are handing out a lot of beta keys. The guy from SNK gave 2 keys to me ... so you can play with a friend!

milena87

Is anyone playing The Banner Saga? It's really beautiful and I really love the story and settings, but the last boss is really kicking my ass :/

I'm thinking of switching to easy, finish the game and start again from scratch, but focusing more on my archers this time.

jediyoshi

Is anyone playing The Banner Saga? It's really beautiful and I really love the story and settings, but the last boss is really kicking my ass :/

I'm thinking of switching to easy, finish the game and start again from scratch, but focusing more on my archers this time.

Precisely what I ended up doing, ain't no shame. They really screw you over if you've overlooked certain characters.

Acccent

@accent

I think something like the walking dead or heavy rain would work really well with a copilot.

I remember playing heavy rain my brother and a friend of his and we were all yelling like KILL THE DUDE or SPARE HIM or crap like that

it was awesome, made the game 10x better

but in general I like playing games while I'm alone, specially the serious kind like gone home because it makes them feel more personal. I also have a lot of annoying tendencies in games like staring at random shit that interests me for some reason that I guess can be boring to my spectators.

well I'm pretty sure she's finished TWD already, and there's no way for me to stream heavy rain (we live in different countries).

But I think the 'staring at random shit' part is something we both do so it might be okay. we'll see

milena87

Precisely what I ended up doing, ain't no shame. They really screw you over if you've overlooked certain characters.

Yep, I pretty much never took
Alette with me, as I had both Rook and Oddleif. I also generally supported and upgraded the varls more than anyone else... Not a great strategy for Bellower

Copons

well I'm pretty sure she's finished TWD already, and there's no way for me to stream heavy rain (we live in different countries).

But I think the 'staring at random shit' part is something we both do so it might be okay. we'll see

I went randomly back to check your original post, and you were walking about "coop"-ing Gone Home.

While I know for a fact that TWD-like can be pretty good played in couple (but not more, because then the choices become impossible), I don't think Gone Home would offer the same enjoyment at all.

There are no choices to be made, just exploration and listening to diary pages or riot grrrl tapes. So it basically means that who plays does everything, while who watch... just lays back and looks the one who plays. :D

Acccent

I went randomly back to check your original post, and you were walking about "coop"-ing Gone Home.

While I know for a fact that TWD-like can be pretty good played in couple (but not more, because then the choices become impossible), I don't think Gone Home would offer the same enjoyment at all.

There are no choices to be made, just exploration and listening to diary pages or riot grrrl tapes. So it basically means that who plays does everything, while who watch... just lays back and looks the one who plays. :D

but, isn't the exploration somewhat 'challenging'?
Anyway, I guess you're right, it might not be as good an idea as I thought. We might try it still, if she wants, but I'll start looking for something else - I was thinking about Shelter but i fear it might be too depressing... The Longest Journey maybe?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That was quick! Got two codes also so here's one for a friend.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Slug 3 Closed Beta -- MB-CD7FA097A4DCA81A - Taken by bkw. 14 entrants total.

t1390902619z1.png

Copons

but, isn't the exploration somewhat 'challenging'?
Anyway, I guess you're right, it might not be as good an idea as I thought. We might try it still, if she wants, but I'll start looking for something else - I was thinking about Shelter but i fear it might be too depressing... The Longest Journey maybe?

Uuuh, well, it's not really challenging. It could happen that you find a key for a door you found earlier and you just can't remember where it is. But you can always open the map to check where are all the locked doors. :D

The Longest Journey is a classic point and click, with a huge world and plenty of backtracking (and some totally nonsense puzzles). So well, I guess you should be able to know by yourself if it'd ideal for you.

maneil99

Guys, i got demoted to a junior, when do I become normal again :( I think it was my late night hentai thread when i was on shrooms and tebola

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GamersGate's new Daily is 75% off Epigenesis ($2.50).

Guys, i got demoted to a junior, when do I become normal again :( I think it was my late night hentai thread when i was on shrooms and tebola

You have to find all seven dragon balls. Or wait until an admin has felt that you've learned your lesson.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
ModBot said:
Instructions for poopninjamvc3mk:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Slug 3 -- MB-BE105CF2B6719010 - Taken by PetriP-TNT. 44 entrants total.

t1390913734z1.png

For the steamgaf homies, here's a extra beta key.

Edit:Damn I meant to put shortraffle but oh well.

Lain

You getting juniored got me to wonder what happens to a juniored member that gets a ban. Do they eat it normally like a member, or do they eat it permanently like a junior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom