• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I tried to take Amnesia, but raffle already ended I think.
I gifted it for friend, never got around buying for myself somehow
too afraid, perhaps?

I took it. I shall prepare extra pants, and invite a few mates over who love these kind of games. Thanks genbatzu!

stealthy! it still shown as not taken, but it is taken now.
I hope you'll be properly scared ;)

The next seven weeks, I'll be working on my (sort of) dissertation in video format: a report on game development. I wanna try and visit a few game developers here, locally, in Belgium, and then perhaps head to Holland or France, if I can get in with some of the companies there.

I've already started writing down what I want to see in a report like that, if there's anything you guys think of, be sure to let me know. If all goes well, I'll try and get the thing subtitled in English (assuming I don't do a terrible job, that is).

I predict it will be dead before it's fully released. Never ever will I buy multiplayer only game again

captureeyu8u.png

before?

Jusoni

Finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger in one sitting. Game was dope. But maann the plot fell apart in the last stages. Shoulda kept it just a traditional spaghettiwestern.

Arthea

Why would you hold a funeral for a game that generated $139M in microtransactions alone last year?

lol
what's Crossfire? I know all other games, I'm not sure I ever heard about the first one

also this is amazing... I'll never understand why people spend money like this, never!
edited:
instead of spending them to increase their steam and gog game count

Really stinks that there's no way to get the first 2 soul reaver games display in widescreen properly. I especially wanted to play the second one as I've had that in my backlog for like a decade, hah.

Interestingly, Defiance was ported by nixxes and it is pretty much a solid PC port, as expected.

lets not mention blood omen 2 because it makes puppies sad.

I'm part of a group that a steam trader made for sales notifications and one of those steam notifications popped up saying "Titanfall Pre-orde.." Heart nearly skipped a beat.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Is Revengeance worth playing if you stopped caring about the MGS universe? I didn't play MGS4 and do not care about other main entries.

Is Revengeance worth playing if you stopped caring about the MGS universe? I didn't play MGS4 and do not care about other main entries.

It's a great action game outside of being based in the Metal Gear universe but you should certainly reconsider missing out on some of the best and most mechanically detailed games out there.

mrgone

When you cut out the Metal Gear stuff all you're left with is a great action game about cyborg ninjas flipping out and cutting dudes into a billion pieces to stylishly get at the delicious technology inside their bodies.

Copons

BUT BUT BUT

annnnnnd as you can see I didn't ask anything! :D

Also, it's a super cool guide for super noobs people, I'd totally recommend it to everybody :D

Who told you that ill beatemup (If you didn't get at least 3 people to tell you to OC I've failed)
You'll be fine

Eh, fact was that when I planned (and ordered!!) the build, I had to keep the budget for the GPU. So, when I was told I'd get a free one, I just asked the store to replace the PSU with a more powerful one, but I had no time to start searching from scratch for another CPU, for the heatsink, and all the stress tied with replacing the TIM... oh no no non ononon onno. :D

Li Kao

Ok, my new PC is ready and already been used for me to drool around looking DAT DETAILS.
And this is my
not-so-
humble way of giving all back to you, the best community ever.

Uh, strangely you don't seem to talk about the single thing that terrifies me the most in assembling a custom build : applying the thermal paste. I don't know, it's really the biggest fear I have in building a rig. That, and connecting the front tower ports. Oh, and configuring the bios.
Ok, my alignment is anxious neutral.

Acccent

Played a bit of The Stanley Parable just now... it's amazing :D pretty much exactly what you'd expect if you've played the free version that was available some time ago, but it's still so good.

Freezard

Just finished World in Conflict that I bought during the winter sale. What an epic game, the graphics and camera are way better than Company of Heroes 2 and the game is from 2007. I had no clue it was the spiritual successor to Ground Control 2 which made me pleasantly surprised. I remember having a ton of fun with that game in local co-op, something I'm missing from WiC since it's just awesome for these kind of strategic games. I know the story is fictional but it was kinda engaging anyway. The only thing that annoyed me was that it was difficult to click on units to repair them when grouped up, nothing would happen so you had to change camera angle and crap.

user237

Uh, strangely you don't seem to talk about the single thing that terrifies me the most in assembling a custom build : applying the thermal paste. I don't know, it's really the biggest fear I have in building a rig. That, and connecting the front tower ports. Oh, and configuring the bios.

Modern CPUs are pretty sturdy. You have to really mess up to damage them. It's way easier than it looks.

oipic

Uh, strangely you don't seem to talk about the single thing that terrifies me the most in assembling a custom build : applying the thermal paste. I don't know, it's really the biggest fear I have in building a rig.

I hear you, I'm the same - that's been the most anxious moment of each PC build I've done.

Still, slowly and carefully applying your own paste is so much better than the mess I once created when installing a GPU cooling fan that came with a pre-applied patch of paste... the 'MORE IS BETTER!' generosity shown by that manufacturer ended up in a horrible mess of goo all over everything. Never again! Carefully cleaning, then lightly and evenly applying paste to the whole surface, as thinly as you can, is the way to go.

Copons

It's because I didn't apply it! :D
Just left all stock! ^^

Just finished World in Conflict that I bought during the winter sale. What an epic game, the graphics and camera are way better than Company of Heroes 2 and the game is from 2007. I had no clue it was the spiritual successor to Ground Control 2 which made me pleasantly surprised. I remember having a ton of fun with that game in local co-op, something I'm missing from WiC since it's just awesome for these kind of strategic games. I know the story is fictional but it was kinda engaging anyway. The only thing that annoyed me was that it was difficult to click on units to repair them when grouped up, nothing would happen so you had to change camera angle and crap.

Hello my love, it's getting cold on this island...

Wonderful game, really enjoyed the resource less game mechanics. Was so disappointed when Ubi bought them and didn't publish anything along the years but thank god they're back on track.

Gvaz

Banned
if it's more than a pinky nail in goop, it's way too much. Like half of a pinky nail that hasn't been damaged, if that.

chupon

Any ideas what the last few days of the Amazon Editor's Choice picks are going to be? I still have 3 $5 coupon codes I could use, but nothing else has enticed me.

MGR mouse pad given to Kojima from Platinum in celebration of the PC release

BfCwCoQCcAAbWa0.jpg:large

That doesn't seem practical. No word on numbers yet?

That reminds me...I need to pick up a couple mousepads for the new office. I've had a steelseries one on my wishlist forever.

yes. The story is not nearly as Kojima as the other MGS entries and the OST is incredible

RULE OF NATUREEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom