• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

$9.99. Steam keys for existing owners (including Groupees and IndieGameStand) are in the works.

Unless uplay thinks you should restart the game and deletes your save again :)

Haha, I'm happy to report that there were no such incidents throughout my time with Freedom Cry!

Are you looking to play something after Black Flag fellow GAFfer? Just curious, perhaps the HD port of Liberation?

Yeah, I'll be jumping straight to Liberation HD, which is why I saved the Aveline DLC 'til last. After that, well, hopefully by then Anno 1404 will be back. ;)

Edit: All the Tomb Raider subs, including the Squeenix and Nixxes ones, just received 15 new depots. Maybe the Definitive Edition won't be a separate app after all. :( Edit: It's probably the Mac port.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Once I finish the Aveline DLC tomorrow I'll finally be done with Black Flag forever.

The Aveline DLC is quite short, maybe an hour long tops. It's a really nice mission though, with a good mix of the gameplay elements. I like the short story it told too.

And there is no optional objectives or collectables attached to it either, just play through it and you have done everything.

JaseC

The Aveline DLC is quite short, maybe an hour long tops. It's a really nice mission though, with a good mix of the gameplay elements. I like the short story it told too.

Yeah, the cover for the PS3/4 versions of Black Flag mention "60 minutes of exclusive gameplay".

And there is no optional objectives or collectables attached to it either, just play through it and you have done everything.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. :p

Edit:
Just looked in which Groupees bundle it was featured in, and it wasn't featured in any bundle :( It was a featured as a spotlight >.<

I thought I'd picked it up on IGS, but apparently not. Oh well. :(

Yeah, I'll be jumping straight to Liberation HD, which is why I saved the Aveline DLC 'til last. After that, well, hopefully by then Anno 1404 will be back. ;)

Edit: All the Tomb Raider subs, including the Squeenix and Nixxes ones, just received 15 new depots. Maybe the Definitive Edition won't be a separate app after all. :(

After doing it all myself, I'd personally say you get more out of the Aveline DLC if you play though Liberation first (well, as much more as you can get out of ~1hours gameplay).

And is TRDE coming to PC? Thought it was skipping it? Edit: Just saw your post above

I don't think PC will get the definitive edition for at least one year because they want to milk that title, maybe next year they release a director's cut version with actually mini bosses and different puzzles.

JaseC

After doing it all myself, I'd personally say you get more out of the Aveline DLC if you play though Liberation first (well, as much more as you can get out of ~1hours gameplay).

Maybe I will, Milhouse. Maybe I will...

And is TRDE coming to PC? Thought it was skipping it? Edit: Just saw your post above

Squeenix has been coy about that. I suspect the PC version will be a repeat of DE:HR's Director's Cut in terms of how it's handled, but with the impending release of the GOTY Edition it's presumably still some months away.

def sim

I haven't been paying attention, but the only meaningful difference between the DE and regular TR are the swaying trees right?

Anteater

Deus Ex Director's Cut actually uses an older engine didn't it? I wonder if definite Lara edition will use a newer engine since the hair was running quite well on the ps4

I haven't been paying attention, but the only meaningful difference between the DE and regular TR are the swaying trees right?

There are some changes to lighting and particles too I think, and a new face for Lara

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The new shaders etc would be cool, but I'll be torn if SE ever releases a paid update for the PC version of TR because dat face. :( I prefer the old one. Although the sequel will certainly have the new tweaked model, so there's not much to do about it.

JaseC

Well, that and Lara's new face. The rest just amounts to some spit-shine (visual polish).

Edit: Beaten.

Deus Ex Director's Cut actually uses an older engine didn't it?

Yeah, and Squeenix still hasn't patched the game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ideally if they released the DE stuff on Steam it would just be pick and chose what you want in the options. That way you can still ignore the REVLON shaders for the hair that still haven't been fixed and the absurd model face.

JaseC

$60 for swaying trees is too much. Better to wait for it to be $4.99 during steam summer sale.

Assuming the game does follow in the footsteps of DE:HR, it'll be $5 if you already own Tomb Raider.

Also hopefully Arkham Origins GOTY is released by than as well ;)

I have Origins vanilla and all of the DLC so Warner can go right ahead and release the GOTY Edition as a replacement. ;)

JakeD

Ah. That sounds like a yes.

I'm not a fan of the new face. It doesn't seem better, just different.

yeah it's so strange, did they ever say why they changed it? i know i saw something about more complex animation, but why would that require a completely different face?

i got that RE4 preorder in at gamefly, i was gonna wait but i thought there was a chance the february coupon would only be 20% and it would cost me $1 in savings

Ideally if they released the DE stuff on Steam it would just be pick and chose what you want in the options. That way you can still ignore the REVLON shaders for the hair that still haven't been fixed and the absurd model face.

This. new-Lara is creeping me out

Are the DLC's something substantial or only multiplayer and appearance things?

There is one additional Tomb that probably isn't worth $3.00 (most of the tombs take roughly 5 minutes and it takes longer to GET to the puzzle than actually doing it). The rest are various skins / weapons / MP Maps.

So...nope nothing substantial.

Turfster

Oh, I see how it is.
I go to sleep and not a second after, you guys all start giving away MS3 beta keys.

So the GOG thing started with the Zork anthology for 1.79$
Next game in an hour, possibly.

FloatOn

$9.99. Steam keys for existing owners (including Groupees and IndieGameStand) are in the works.

Looks great. I have fond memories of Magic Carpet. RIP Bullfrog <3

As the development goes on, the following features will be added:
* Web of worlds to explore and change, with global goals and consequences.
* More spells, creatures, special worlds, places and events.
* PvP multi-player mode.
* Sandbox mode (possible with cheats for now).
* Controller support.

all of the planned features sound great but these two are what will give this game staying power.

yuraya

Assuming the game does follow in the footsteps of DE:HR, it'll be $5 if you already own Tomb Raider.

I hope they do what they did with the tomb raider collection in winter sale only this time instead replace tomb raider with tomb raider goty. I would pay 10-15 for all those games. But I doubt they do that maybe amazon but its still a pipe dream.

Saty

Do i get some sort of compensation for buying Infinite with the coupon at the beginning of Amazon's Editor's Choice sale when now it had its price lowered more?

Ban Puncher

Oh shit son it's a....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

header.jpg

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

I have a Prey Steam key to give away to one lucky person. But this is a giveaway of such epic magnitude that it cannot be contained by a mere ModBot raffle post. Also, by giving away this key I will be left with a worthless DVD case and disc of the game. And that is when an idea struck me - I will make this a competition of ARTISTIC SKILL.

For the next 24 hours, any member of NeoGAF will be eligible to submit a single MS Paint drawing detailing what I should do with the physical Prey materials. You decide the fate of the retail box and disc then crudely scrawl it out and post it here. After 24 hours have elapsed after this original post, I will pick a winner based entirely on my own personal taste and the lucky individual will be sent a brand spanking new Prey key to redeem on Steam. Be the envy of weirdo Steam collectors worldwide!

No Photoshop allowed - ghetto-ass MS Paint drawings only dawgs.

Have fun and good luck.

Gbraga

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deadly Premonition -- MB-0A319E12E3CF0B75 - Taken by bloke. 9 entrants total.

t1390921339z1.png

Life is beautiful

Feel like doing a give away if only because its Tuesday.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-E905633EDD40028F - Taken by Ozium. 1 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-AC9C662C83954F89
Joe Danger 2: The Movie -- MB-2256C380856342DF

t1390931194z1.png

Cheddahz

Banned
Oh shit son it's a....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

header.jpg

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

I have a Prey Steam key to give away to one lucky person. But this is a giveaway of such epic magnitude that it cannot be contained by a mere ModBot raffle post. Also, by giving away this key I will be left with a worthless DVD case and disc of the game. And that is when an idea struck me - I will make this a competition of ARTISTIC SKILL.

For the next 24 hours, any member of NeoGAF will be eligible to submit a single MS Paint drawing detailing what I should do with the physical Prey materials. You decide the fate of the retail box and disc then crudely scrawl it out and post it here. After 24 hours have elapsed after this original post, I will pick a winner based entirely on my own personal taste and the lucky individual will be sent a brand spanking new Prey key to redeem on Steam. Be the envy of weirdo Steam collectors worldwide!

No Photoshop allowed - ghetto-ass MS Paint drawings only dawgs.

Have fun and good luck.
ENHymWH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom