• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sini

Like a number of you here, I use Enhanced Steam quite a bit. Recently, I've noticed that the market transaction feature isn't working, as everything is zero'd out. Anyone else have this issue? Using on Chrome.

AZORRgn.png
It has been like that since start of the year for me.

Ryne

That Prey giveaway looks like fun, that's a good one.

About Nascar, I haven't played the previous ones but I'm hankering for a new racer. Killed myself playing F1 2013, and I'm waiting for Corsa/PCars to get out of beta before I purchase. Are the Nascar games any good?

HoosTrax

Releases in three weeks. While there's no early bird discount, owners of 2013 do get 20% off, reducing the price from $50 to $40.
Um, do Aussies actually follow NASCAR. I thought you guys had V8 Supercars or something, which looks way more interesting.

It has been like that since start of the year for me.

I talked to Jsheezy about this the other day, assuming it was a change in the Steam APIs that caused the ES plugin to report null data.

He said he was aware, that this was essentially correct, and he was working on a fix and it would be in one of the newer versions of ES.

Turfster

Gala Store deals.
  • Blood Knights 50% off, 7.14$
  • Incesticon 50% off, 19.89$
  • Clickr 75% off, 1.65$
  • Lords of Football 50% off, 7.39$
  • Port Royale 3 75% off, 6$
  • Syberia 1 & 2 80% off, 2$ each

(Yes, I know the percentages don't match perfectly, they're like 1 or 2% off)

Li Kao

Played my first 2 hours of Europa Universalis IV. First time with the series too.
I take back what I said about my perceived complexity of Endless Frontier, this is the real deal. I don't fucking know the first thing about what I'm doing.
I've religiously followed all the tutorials, I've played France (some say one of the easy mode nations), and the game simply bent me and sent me home.
I reconquered England-occupied provinces, and when I demanded peace and the lands, England told me that I could go fuck myself. Then some nasty fellow thought it would be fun to add to the party and declared war. I then accepted to let England off the hook with just one spoil / region. But the other one was already marching on me like it's free buffet.
Not understanding a thing -_-
I... I... got a score of 5... :-S

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Like a number of you here, I use Enhanced Steam quite a bit. Recently, I've noticed that the market transaction feature isn't working, as everything is zero'd out. Anyone else have this issue? Using on Chrome.

AZORRgn.png

Valve made a change on their API server that limits the number of market transactions that can be pulled in a single API call. I've got a fix working in Chrome that will part of the next release (very soon).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So the game Rekoil is coming out today. I was part of the beta (which I never played) but also got a free retail cd key. So this morning they finally "revoked" all of the beta keys, so that people who were in the beta could actually buy the game.

I went to redeem my cd key and got this:

caCYXYS.png

"Click next to proceed to installation". But...

If you had a pre-purchase key it would have worked. ;) Similar to yourself, I'm waiting on the Loadout beta keys to go the way of the dodo since unlike Rekoil's pre-purchase sub I couldn't activate the Absolute Badass Pack as the DLC is set to be ignored by Steam's cross-check.

Um, do Aussies actually follow NASCAR. I thought you guys had V8 Supercars or something, which looks way more interesting.

Everything I know about NASCAR I learned from Talladega Nights.

Metal Slug 3 on Steam already? And SNK was handing out closed beta keys too during Europe sleepy time?!

Hopefully it won't be a late February release, because the wait'll feel excruciating.

Nabs

Echo Prime is 40% off at launch and comes bundled with Orcs Must Die 2. edit: They fixed it. It's now 20% off.

"Remastered for PC – New maps, new enemies, retuned economy, visual enhancements, and new PC controls. "

After 24 hours have elapsed after this original post, I will pick a winner based entirely on my own personal taste and the lucky individual will be sent a brand spanking new Prey key to redeem on Steam. Be the envy of weirdo Steam collectors worldwide!

No Photoshop allowed - ghetto-ass MS Paint drawings only dawgs.

Have fun and good luck.

I made a gif, yo! And I just noticed you said "single MS paint drawing". Well...crap. :/ Hope it counts.

KgXxf2N.gif

My artistic talent knows no bounds.

Ryne

That Prey giveaway looks like fun, that's a good one.

About Nascar, I haven't played the previous ones but I'm hankering for a new racer. Killed myself playing F1 2013, and I'm waiting for Corsa/PCars to get out of beta before I purchase. Are the Nascar games any good?

Edit: How I managed to double post minutes apart is absolutely mesmerizing.

Might & Magic 1-6 pack for 2.49$
Now we're talking, GOG.

Do GOG games normally redeem on Steam or is it an entirely separate service?

Gala Store deals.
  • Blood Knights 50% off, 7.14$
  • Incesticon 50% off, 19.89$
  • Clickr 75% off, 1.65$
  • Lords of Football 50% off, 7.39$
  • Port Royale 3 75% off, 6$
  • Syberia 1 & 2 80% off, 2$ each

(Yes, I know the percentages don't match perfectly, they're like 1 or 2% off)

Clickster seems much cheaper than it is on Steam for the week long deals.
Is it any good?

New warriors bundle is painful, I need only Nuclear Dawn, it just don't seems reasonable to buy it for one game.

Buy it and give the extras back to SteamGAF? ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do GOG games normally redeem on Steam or is it an entirely separate service?

Quite the opposite. GOG only does DRM-free, including Steam-DRM-free. However, there are a few Steam games (like The Witcher) which have been redeemable on GOG.

Chronoja

Already have ZenoClash 1 and I think Nuclear Dawn. Are any of the other games good?

I consider Chaser to be a hidden gem of a game. I went into it expecting low level garbage but it's really quite good. It's not triple A standard, rough in places, but overall quite enjoyable.

last minute bump.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-E905633EDD40028F - Taken by Ozium. 1 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-AC9C662C83954F89 - Taken by Benedict. 9 entrants total.
Joe Danger 2: The Movie -- MB-2256C380856342DF - Taken by _hekk05. 2 entrants total.

t1390931194z1.png

Jusoni

For the next 24 hours, any member of NeoGAF will be eligible to submit a single MS Paint drawing detailing what I should do with the physical Prey materials. You decide the fate of the retail box and disc then crudely scrawl it out and post it here. After 24 hours have elapsed after this original post, I will pick a winner based entirely on my own personal taste and the lucky individual will be sent a brand spanking new Prey key to redeem on Steam. Be the envy of weirdo Steam collectors worldwide!

Have fun and good luck.

13009503.jpg

Go on a picnic, have a beer and watch some kid slamdunk the shit out of Prey!

maybe i missed it, but was Shadowrun: Dragonfall already mentioned?

(and yes the save system got fixed, for the "old" one too)

great news, maybe I'll get to play the full game.

semi-related note, did anyone play through as a shaman? I feel like totems had potential, but didn't really do it for me early-game. Am I wrong in thinking thats the best class for charisma-focused characters?

FloatOn

Echo Prime is 40% off at launch and comes bundled with Orcs Must Die 2. edit: They fixed it. It's now 20% off.

"Remastered for PC – New maps, new enemies, retuned economy, visual enhancements, and new PC controls. "

Is this the sci fi themed diablo of my hopes and dreams?

I've liked everything that Robot has made so far but as I understand it this was first a mobile game so I think I'll wait on impressions for this one.

Played my first 2 hours of Europa Universalis IV. First time with the series too.
I take back what I said about my perceived complexity of Endless Frontier, this is the real deal. I don't fucking know the first thing about what I'm doing.
I've religiously followed all the tutorials, I've played France (some say one of the easy mode nations), and the game simply bent me and sent me home.
I reconquered England-occupied provinces, and when I demanded peace and the lands, England told me that I could go fuck myself. Then some nasty fellow thought it would be fun to add to the party and declared war. I then accepted to let England off the hook with just one spoil / region. But the other one was already marching on me like it's free buffet.
Not understanding a thing -_-
I... I... got a score of 5... :-S

I haven't played EUIV (I'm waiting for it to go back down to $10), but I have played Crusader Kings II, and the best thing you can do to learn the game is to look up tutorials on YouTube. You should be able to find several channels that will explain the game.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-4FB734AC9822A666 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.

t1390933490z1.png

Tizoc

Only game I want is Zeno Clash 2 :( I got the rest of them

I'll PM you ZC2 if I end up buying the bundle since I already have it ;)

For that matter I'd like impressions on these games please:
Nuclear Dawn
Chaser
Painkiller Black Edition
Painkiller Overdose

Oh shit son it's a....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

header.jpg

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

I have a Prey Steam key to give away to one lucky person. But this is a giveaway of such epic magnitude that it cannot be contained by a mere ModBot raffle post. Also, by giving away this key I will be left with a worthless DVD case and disc of the game. And that is when an idea struck me - I will make this a competition of ARTISTIC SKILL.

For the next 24 hours, any member of NeoGAF will be eligible to submit a single MS Paint drawing detailing what I should do with the physical Prey materials. You decide the fate of the retail box and disc then crudely scrawl it out and post it here. After 24 hours have elapsed after this original post, I will pick a winner based entirely on my own personal taste and the lucky individual will be sent a brand spanking new Prey key to redeem on Steam. Be the envy of weirdo Steam collectors worldwide!

Have fun and good luck.

gv4b.png

Your dog havin preyception!, Let the pray disc use as frisbee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom