• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Dat schoolgirl outfit lol, gotta have it in ANYTHING Japanese game.
The fuck is Nui gulumur though?

Awesome trailer though the last part with the train cracked me up. Really liking the humor in this.

Nuigurumâ Z is an upcoming b-movie in Japan that takes extreme and absurd directions and fills it with various low levels of humour, various references for nerds, a talking stuffed animal, and zombies and nerds being killed. Also an excuse to dress people in those absurd and exaggerated costumes some create purely for attention.
Superhero, zombies, immature humour, of course it works with this spin-off of Ninja Gaiden. It's would be like having the Toxic Avenger as a costume for Splatterhouse if they ever did that.

One of the trailers for the movie itself, should be good if you like killer-b movies and highly referenced based on a specific niche culture.
http://youtu.be/S7Lc7lLGIi8

DmC all over again.

I say there is a difference. While DmC did give less options, for the vast majority of people it did still feel like it was part of the same series and connected. This looks quite different in terms of game play and focus of game mechanics and might have been better had they done an Onimusha to Devil May Cry rather than simply making this a spin-off.

Of course what do I know, my favourite Ninja Gaiden title is Ninja Gaiden Shadow and that didn't play like the NES titles as it was originally a Shadow of the Ninja title in development.

Dr Dogg

Well I watched that trailer and I was like "meh, it looks like a very bad Borderlands come zombie, action game mash up" until Might 9 showed up. Was that a Street Fighter II inspired car smash up bonus round?

Might keep an eye on this.

Cheers Grief.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Oh shit son it's a....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
god, paint is still awful
T7oiI0W.png

So I've been loving Crusader Kings II and I just started eyeing the DLC. I bought the complete pack which had a lot of DLC, but not all of it. Now that I'm looking at the prices, I can see them adding up to a ton of money. I usually don't buy DLC, so can someone tell me if it's going to be on sale at some point? I want to eventually own all of it, but I don't want to spend a ton of money. I'd like there to be a "complete my DLC" option or something, but I don't think that's possible. Do I just have to buy the DLC one at a time as it comes on sale or will there be a DLC pack that gives me the stuff I don't own?

Tame

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-852A0B52857951A7 - Taken by thrillho. 2 entrants total.
Painkiller: Black Edition -- MB-3D7AC15A694B91FD
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-DF37594C70E4EDEA - Taken by adriano999. 2 entrants total.

t1390940449z1.png

Capndrake

Don't know if this was already known or not, but it looks like Steam is getting its own built in music player, Steam Translation just updated with some relevant text, such as:

STEAM # tenfoot_english.txt # Music_Library_Select_Directory_Header
Music Library

STEAM # tenfoot_english.txt # Music_Library_Select_Directory_Text
Select a directory in which you store mu...

STEAM # tenfoot_english.txt # Music_Library_Footer_More
SELECT

STEAM # tenfoot_english.txt # Music_Library_Footer_Play
PLAY

STEAM # tenfoot_english.txt # Music_Library_Footer_Cancel_Crawling
STOP

STEAM # tenfoot_english.txt # Music_Queue_X_Of_Y
{i:CurrentQueueEntry} of {i:QueueCount}

STEAM # tenfoot_english.txt # Music_Queue_X_Tracks
{i:QueueCount} tracks

Well, it's not quite a 15 minute raffle, cause I got distracted and didn't post it with the full 3 hours... but here we go:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-D785D46D475AB5CA

t1390943480z1.png

Diedac

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-D2FD09CA829D5F4A - Taken by Tame

So I've been loving Crusader Kings II and I just started eyeing the DLC. I bought the complete pack which had a lot of DLC, but not all of it. Now that I'm looking at the prices, I can see them adding up to a ton of money. I usually don't buy DLC, so can someone tell me if it's going to be on sale at some point? I want to eventually own all of it, but I don't want to spend a ton of money. I'd like there to be a "complete my DLC" option or something, but I don't think that's possible. Do I just have to buy the DLC one at a time as it comes on sale or will there be a DLC pack that gives me the stuff I don't own?

IIRC Enhanced Steam has a function to add all the DLC you don't own to cart.

Thanks to my indie gala purchase of Deadly Premonition I now own Velvet Assassin. But guys, do I WANT to own VA? Like, is it even worth copy/pasting that key into steam?

Backlogger

Thanks to my indie gala purchase of Deadly Premonition I now own Velvet Assassin. But guys, do I WANT to own VA? Like, is it even worth copy/pasting that key into steam?

Increasing your game count by 1 is never a bad thing.

I actually installed this game at one point and couldn't play it. Just didn't feel very polished.

Nabs

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Velvet Assassin -- MB-D04ADCFD74A73FE9 - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
HOARD -- MB-1CF8ACB3881D636F - Taken by Volimar. 1 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-9B3349BC95A27FEB - Taken by Vazduh. 6 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-9E8534A5E39ABB95 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 6 entrants total.

t1390942112z1.png

Have fun.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Aztaka -- MB-04D78F88006AC7AC - Taken by tylergregg. 8 entrants total.

t1390951967z1.png

Gregorn

Deadly Premonition was the only game I added. I don't like scrolling down my pretty list of games and seeing something like santas rampage.

Tellaerin

Maybe, but there's a key difference here that the masses seem to be overlooking:

DmC was a reboot. This is merely set in the same universe somewhere. It's not like Yaiba is the new Ryu.

I know! Since it's a side-story, they can just call it a gaiden! Ninja Gaiden Gaid-- ...okay, no, that's not going to work.

Vazduh

Maybe, but there's a key difference here that the masses seem to be overlooking:

DmC was a reboot. This is merely set in the same universe somewhere. It's not like Yaiba is the new Ryu.

I meant about reactions DMC fans have had after playing the reboot.
Don't think they (Spark Unlimited) really needed the Ninja Gaiden name to sell it to the public, but that's their business decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom