• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Echo Prime looks like it could be quite fun in co-op :(

Anyway on a unrelated note...
12193054324_45adf20d9e_h.jpg

Awwwww yeahhhhh!!!

UI is jacked up to hell and back but it's sooo good.

Though will take a bit of getting used to the extra FOV as a few seconds later this happened.

Scipius

Feeling hurt? Have some Painkillers:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Painkiller: Black Edition -- MB-6DB8B246BFBFBA07 - Taken by Ifrit. 27 entrants total.
Painkiller Overdose -- MB-5936DD05623B2D5D - Taken by Natty1. 12 entrants total.

t1390944498z1.png

BruteUA

For the next 24 hours, any member of NeoGAF will be eligible to submit a single MS Paint drawing detailing what I should do with the physical Prey materials. You decide the fate of the retail box and disc then crudely scrawl it out and post it here. After 24 hours have elapsed after this original post, I will pick a winner based entirely on my own personal taste and the lucky individual will be sent a brand spanking new Prey key to redeem on Steam. Be the envy of weirdo Steam collectors worldwide!

No Photoshop allowed - ghetto-ass MS Paint drawings only dawgs.

Have fun and good luck.

You can seach for the Ark.

r1TnWis.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This Might and Magic pack on the GOG sale is going on indefinitely.

It's like their "fix" for the woes of the last sale backfired.

Awwwww yeahhhhh!!!

Though will take a bit of getting used to the extra FOV as a few seconds later this happened.

Is your UI completely messed up? or did you make it like that to screenshot the game??

Anyways, I play Dark Souls in Triple screens and I use WidescreenFixer to reposition the UI https://www.widescreenfixer.org/ just in case you didnt already know about it.

lol

After breakfast was finished we got to hear the keynote from Gabe Newell.

Some developers joked that he may have even finished up the keynote with a joke about Half-Life 3, but who can tell for sure?

Gabe said, “We’ve got time for 3 more questions” but then after two questions were asked he was cut off and leaving said, “Turns out we only have time for 2!” and then he was gone.

We all continue to speculate…

http://hybridmind.com/games/steam-dev-days/

Playing Metal Slug right now and there's a pretty glaring mistake right there, when playing with a controller, the "shoot" button is also the "select" button in menus, so if you change a any button to something that removes the shoot button, you have to grab a keyboard to with it back on. Also the jump button is "back" in the menus.

HoosTrax

Price of Strike Vector seems a tad on the high side...anyone remember how much Strike Suit Zero, for example, was at launch?

---

The whole trademarks issue that's been a hot topic lately makes little sense to me. I'm shopping around for UPS battery backups for my PC, and there's this brand "CyberPower" that makes them, and somehow they coexist happily with "CyberPowerPC", which makes pre-built gaming PCs. You'd think one would have litigated the other out of existence by now, since they sell products to similar markets. But w/e.

Btw, it's really surprisingly expensive to get a UPS backup with enough capacity for a gaming-grade PC (~400 watts or so)...

Dr Dogg

Is your UI completely messed up? or did you make it like that to screenshot the game??

Anyways, I play Dark Souls in Triple screens and I use WidescreenFixer to reposition the UI https://www.widescreenfixer.org/ just in case you didnt already know about it.

No that's just the normal hide hud command in DSFix.

I'm using WideScreen Fixer to get a 2560x1080 resolution to display but the problem is that it's really set up for 3 or more screens as whilst the health/stamina bars and items, weapons selection and souls count gubbins scales fine all the text boxes and menus are stretched due to still displaying 16:9. Sometimes text does clip through where it shouldn't but it's a small price to pay for a glorious view.

Anteater

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-24B314974BC5497E - Taken by Kirosia

dat ass

Tak3n

Banned
Man Strike Vector looks good and its pulling me in with the "like Quake 3" similarity. Someone needs to post impressions asap.

I was in the Beta, and was decidedly unimpressed, it is so fast that you spend half your time circling upside down trying to get the red triangle in view, only for your enemy to fly past you in under 100th of a sec....

However I only played for about 2 hours so it may be more depth than I saw

Kenshi was free a long time ago on Gamersgate, part of their Indie games deal or something. This was several years ago, however they did provide you with a Steam key, so it might be worth checking that out.

In the 2 years I've had this game in my Steam Cat, it's only really started to receive updates in the last few months. I played a little and it's a nice idea, but it seems a LONG WAY from finished. It's sort of a Mount and Blade type of deal.

FloatOn

man you guys are much better artists than me.

anyway another wild new release appears:

header_292x136.jpg

Luxuria Superbia $6.29
http://store.steampowered.com/app/269150/

about the game:
A simple game of touch, pleasure and joy.
Luxuria Superbia is a colorful, musical journey made to fill you with joy. Exciting designs explode from your touch as you glide through playful stylized flowers. It’s all about the experience and the interaction.

There’s twelve flower-like tunnels and a garden with a temple.
In the garden, you select a flower by turning the dial.
When you complete a flower the next one is unlocked.

A flower always starts out colorless.
But when you touch it, color fills the tunnel.
Stay in the glowing flower as long as possible!

Play slowly and gently to get a high score.
Just pushing through as fast as you can will result in failure.
The game wants you to take it easy and be playful.

The blush you cause to a flower imbues the garden too.
For each flower, there’s a column in the temple.
Time spent in a blooming flower makes its column grow.
The garden starts blank, just like the tunnels.
But over several journeys, it flourishes with color.

Bring color to the flowers, bring joy and beauty to the garden!

1311_view.jpg

Nabs

Awwwww yeahhhhh!!!

There's a way to fix the hud, but I just can't remember how. I did an entire playthrough in 2.35:1 and it was amazing. I'll try to see if I can figure it out tonight. I'll let you know if I get lucky.

I think it involved me using the old pre-patch exe, but I know there had to be 5 more steps after that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Dr Dogg

There's a way to fix the hud, but I just can't remember how. I did an entire playthrough in 2.35:1 and it was amazing. I'll try to see if I can figure it out tonight. I'll let you know if I get lucky.

I think it involved me using the old pre-patch exe, but I know there had to be 5 more steps after that.

Cheers dude.

After a bit of messing around with my DSFix settings I got the text to realign and by dumping Helix's 3D mod on top it scales back the HUD. Although you can't use any of the opacity options as it still offsets the boss health bars.

I've settled for a compromise as it's right back on the top of my (re)to do list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom