• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think modbot is broken atm due to the 502 errors, though.

He's been pretty shitty on the moderation side of things too. For the most part the only thing that should be impacted for giveaways is the auto-edit function. Payout PMs should still work eventually and draws should still happen. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tizoc

Nuigurumâ Z is an upcoming b-movie in Japan that takes extreme and absurd directions and fills it with various low levels of humour, various references for nerds, a talking stuffed animal, and zombies and nerds being killed. Also an excuse to dress people in those absurd and exaggerated costumes some create purely for attention.
Superhero, zombies, immature humour, of course it works with this spin-off of Ninja Gaiden. It's would be like having the Toxic Avenger as a costume for Splatterhouse if they ever did that.

One of the trailers for the movie itself, should be good if you like killer-b movies and highly referenced based on a specific niche culture.
http://youtu.be/S7Lc7lLGIi8

I say there is a difference. While DmC did give less options, for the vast majority of people it did still feel like it was part of the same series and connected. This looks quite different in terms of game play and focus of game mechanics and might have been better had they done an Onimusha to Devil May Cry rather than simply making this a spin-off.

Of course what do I know, my favourite Ninja Gaiden title is Ninja Gaiden Shadow and that didn't play like the NES titles as it was originally a Shadow of the Ninja title in development.

Holy shit that movie looks fucking awesome!

Ezra2680

He's been pretty shitty on the moderation side of things too. For the most part the only thing that should be impacted for giveaways is the auto-edit function. Payout PMs should still work eventually and draws should still happen. Sorry for any inconvenience.

And just when I was getting used to your mustache instead of seeing the dog...

Seriously. It looks like dogshit and the costumes are even dumber than the game's attempt at humour.

My reaction about the trailer...costumes and "humour"

i-are-serious.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Beat Papers Please and pretty much did a complete 180 on my initial impression. I was thinking about it all day at work.

This is one of those rare titles that proves that games don't necessarily have to be 'fun' to be memorable, if that makes sense. I wouldn't say I enjoyed playing this game, but I still love it. The dilemmas, sudden game overs, the routine and events that break it (like the rebel movement). All the Jorji Costava appearances are fantastic, one of the better characters in recent memory for me. 'Old friend hello! I am back again. This time everything set.'

HoosTrax

Beat Papers Please and pretty much did a complete 180 on my initial impression. I was thinking about it all day at work.

This is one of those rare titles that proves that games don't necessarily have to be 'fun' to be memorable, if that makes sense. I wouldn't say I enjoyed playing this game, but I still love it. The dilemmas, sudden game overs, the routine and events that break it (like the rebel movement). All the Jorji Costava appearances are fantastic, one of the better characters in recent memory for me. 'Old friend hello! I am back again. This time everything set.'
I wonder if Floor 13 had been released today, instead of back in the DOS days, would it have become a viral hit as a social and political commentary game.

ArjanN

Yep *Sigh*

Ah, come on.
While I'd love to see the older Ninja Gaiden games on Steam as well, this coming to PC is clearly a good thing.

Personally I always thought it looks like it could be (dumb) fun.

Ad3TWs6.gif

At the very least we got a new hype train gif out of it.

IG extra

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-41FF1E28C4F14829 - Taken by JPizzle84. 4 entrants total.

t1390946208z1.png

Backlogger

PQ is definitely the least of them, tho.
You should pick up the Quest for Glories/Gabriel Knights if/when they show up later ;)

But of course. I can relive my youth through those games. I just wish GOG had Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken (Curse you Lucasarts/Disney!)

My reaction about the trailer...costumes and "humour"

i-are-serious.gif

*swears a lot*

get it? haha!

On PC, for real? At least it looks better than DmC, hype mode on.
Developer, Spark Unlimited. Fuck.

I don't even like DmC all that much and I can only laugh at this.

Ah, come on.
While I'd love to see the older Ninja Gaiden games on Steam as well, this coming to PC is clearly a good thing.

Personally I always thought it looks like it could be (dumb) fun.

NGZ is trash, sells like shit -->

"Clearly PC gamers just aren't interested in Ninja Gaiden. The experiment has failed."

Turfster

But of course. I can relive my youth through those games. I just wish GOG had Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken (Curse you Lucasarts/Disney!)

Yeah, I'd have bought those in a flash.
You hear me, Disney? In a flash.

My old disks are sadly no longer readable.
(Well, they might be, but I have nothing to read them with)
At least I still have DOTT Maniac Mansion, I guess.

nexen

Yeah, I'd have bought those in a flash.
You hear me, Disney? In a flash.

My old disks are sadly no longer readable.
(Well, they might be, but I have nothing to read them with)
At least I still have DOTT Maniac Mansion, I guess.
Dude, just take the magnetic disc out of the floppy sleeve and put it in your CD tray. Problem solved. Doesn't anyone here know how to computer?

edit: oh neat: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16821103402

Grief.exe

"Clearly PC gamers just aren't interested in Ninja Gaiden. The experiment has failed."

This is what I'm worried about.

Its like a Binary Domain situation. I see people bring it up all the time as a reason for Japanese companies to not port games to PC. Of course, Binary Domain sold horribly everywhere on every platform with the exception of Japan.

Turfster

Simcity 2000 for 1.5$ now @ GOG
Second best Simcity ever.
Edit: We're going to be stuck here for hours, aren't we?
See, EA? This is what putting out a shit new Simcity got you. A lot of sales at a buck fifty instead of a lot of sales at 40 bucks.

Dude, just take the magnetic disc out of the floppy sleeve and put it in your CD tray. Problem solved. Doesn't anyone here know how to computer?
The gramophone needle expansion of my bluray drive broke, so I can't do that any more.

Backlogger

ArjanN

Eh, I think it looks OK, in the vein of something like the Deadpool game or Lollypop Chainsaw.

I think people could lighten up a bit about that game, it's fine if you think the game looks bad, but it's clearly a spinoff and not trying to be a serious Ninja Gaiden game.

Given how poorly received NG3 was, and it being a new developer, I think going for a different take on the series was actually pretty smart.

This is what I'm worried about.

Its like a Binary Domain situation. I see people bring it up all the time as a reason for Japanese companies to not port games to PC. Of course, Binary Domain sold horribly everywhere on every platform with the exception of Japan.

a. Those people are dumb.
b. Given how terrible that game seems to have done on consoles, I'm guessing the PC version actually sold the best.
c. At least we got Binary Domain on PC out of it, which leads to point:
d. Isn't it about time you played Binary Domain, Grief?

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for gabrielt16:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-CAC9418202944650 - Taken by KenOD. 2 entrants total.

t1390947513z1.png

Eh, I think it looks OK, in the vein of something like the Deadpool game or Lollypop Chainsaw.

I think people could lighten up a bit about that game, it's fine if you think the game looks bad, but it's clearly a spinoff and not trying to be a serious Ninja Gaiden game.

Given how poorly received NG3 was, and it being a new developer, I think going for a different take on the series was actually pretty smart.

It's hard to lighten up about a game by a developer that has never made a good game and has no experience with the genre. Normally, Inafune/Comcept would put me somewhat at ease (Soul Sacrifice is a pretty great game) but nothing they have actually shown so far makes it look like a good game. Forget being a good NG, it doesn't look like a good action game period. I'm playing through NGS again and I just wish I could have that one on PC instead.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Did you take the time to play around with shooting off specific parts of the robots or did you spend it as a standard third person shooter just trying to kill them off as fast as possible?

I liked making a bunch of one-legged hopping enemies group up together and then shooting the head off one so it starts firing blindly in the middle of it. A real murder (group) of fun.
------------------------------

Unrelated to that. I need Sim Tower on Steam. For streaming purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom