• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

It's hard to lighten up about a game by a developer that has never made a good game and has no experience with the genre. Normally, Inafune/Comcept would put me somewhat at ease (Soul Sacrifice is a pretty great game) but nothing they have actually shown so far makes it look like a good game.

I'm just saying the way some people act like that game ran over their dog is pretty offputting, I'll at least give it a chance because of Inafune. But nowadays it's not hard to just wait until release and see if the game actually turns out OK, and if does turn out bad/not your thing, to just not buy it.

There's a Mighty No. 9 costume? Nice! :D
Nice?

015.jpg

The_Monk

I know it's a little off topic but it's a bit sad when you are taking your time to make a proper (and longer) reply on a thread only to find out it was locked because people just go at each other/hating, or prefer to put a random .gif or just derail and try to make a "clever" pun. This happened to me often, lately. I almost feel bad for Mods, so much work in recent times on the bans/locking threads.

At least there's always Steam-GAF.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (28 Posts Later, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

AirBuccaneers -- MB-35273511D9784A68 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-7D78216B18A14F0A - Taken by Kifimbo
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-D52489829ABD6280 - Taken by Saty
Zeno Clash -- MB-CEC670EF2A045354 - Taken by Shalashaska

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I like Binary Domain. I liked the enemies, most of the bosses were fun (if not a bit bullet-spongey later in the game), I liked the characters a lot and the acting, the story was good even if hammy at times, and liked the different variety of locations and the music.

There wasn't really anything I hated about the game or disliked, just a few 'meh' elements, but I can say I honestly quite enjoyed the game. One of the better third-person shooters that came out last generation in my eyes.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I just won Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage, and I'm quite thankful to gabrielt16 for it, even if I don't really know what I'm getting into.

Speaking of not really knowing what I might be getting into, any thoughts of Kenshi? I am a fan of titles like Way Of The Samurai, but I'm still not quite sure if this will fill the same hunger I have for games of that nature despite the similar openness to it.

I know it's a little off topic but it's a bit sad when you are taking your time to make a proper (and longer) reply on a thread only to find out it was locked because people just go at each other/hating, or prefer to put a random .gif or just derail and try to make a "clever" pun. This happened to me often, lately. I almost feel bad for Mods, so much work in recent times on the bans/locking threads.

At least there's always Steam-GAF.

I'm rather poor at completing posts in a quick manner. Feeling the need to write, rewrite, and then check to make sure it's what I wanted to say. Even when I'm done I then edit what I write more often than not so at this point I just expect some threads to be closed before I get a chance to say anything/finish my thoughts.

Shame there is such antagonism some times, but I guess that is the price when so many care so much about the things we discuss. Good on the mods for being as on top of it as they are.

nexen

I like Binary Domain. I liked the enemies, most of the bosses were fun (if not a bit bullet-spongey later in the game), I liked the characters a lot and the acting, the story was good even if hammy at times, and liked the different variety of locations and the music.

There wasn't really anything I hated about the game or disliked, just a few 'meh' elements, but I can say I honestly quite enjoyed the game. One of the better third-person shooters that came out last generation in my eyes.

Yeah, unless you are micro-ing in on specific FPS gameplay elements, I don't understand what is not to like about Binary Domain. It is a super ambitious and fairly competent story-based shooter.
The main fault I can dig at it is that they kind of f-ed up the story near the end, but it was still a good ride.

I'm just saying the way some people act like that game ran over their dog is pretty offputting, I'll at least give it a chance because of Inafune. But nowadays it's not hard to just wait until release and see if the game actually turns out OK, and if does turn out bad/not your thing, to just not buy it.

It's a mix of frustration at Team Ninja Dog's handling of the franchise and surprise at Spark Unlimited still getting jobs. Don't take it too seriously.

MRORANGE

Currently looking at the prices for Intel NUC's for streaming and they are just a joke in pricing, granted its a full PC..... but still.

To be fair, he only had the one seat. What was I supposed to do?

You tag never made any sense, it should be:

'listen to the mad dog'

or pig in this case.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Binary Domain was 90% horribly tedious cover based shootbanging with 10% cool boss fights.

I'd give it a meh/10.

I should really play Binary Domain, it's on my backlog since forever. I remember playing the first section of the game and trying the voice commands only to get embarrassed and frustrated at the same time.

Humble leftover.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-C7FE0F43F542B9C4 - Taken by user237. 4 entrants total.

t1390951159z1.png

I'm back from army and checking my emails. Here are some of the duplicate bundle games.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

MbmDY6z.png

Machinarium -- MB-0693CDC51755F33E - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-96708BFD5EE53E18 - Taken by RS4-
On the RainSlick Precipice of Darkness Episode One -- MB-D3E0E8CA6B2B1D72 - Taken by Priit
To The Moon -- MB-4FBB6BD814C8BC63 - Taken by Htown

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Watched that NGZ trailer, looks like silly fun to me and it won't be worse than Ninja Gaiden 3 that's for sure.

Also played that Rekoil and must say it's cheap and cheerful FPS fun. It's basically COD without all the shitty perks, very fast. Nice counter to Insurgency which is more tactical and slow, glad to have them both.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So often when working on Enhanced Steam, I find that the smallest subtle changes can have the greatest impact on Steam's overall usability.

For example, I just implemented a new feature that will be available in the next version. It takes the "Remove" links on the wishlist page, and re-writes them so that they process via AJAX. This means that clicking on the "Remove" link for an item will remove it from your wishlist without having to reload the page. Thus if you wanted to remove quite a few items, you just have to make a couple of clicks.

It's a small change, but boy does it make that page much more usable when trying to weed a few games here and there off of your wishlist.

JakeD

So often when working on Enhanced Steam, I find that the smallest subtle changes can have the greatest impact on Steam's overall usability.

For example, I just implemented a new feature that will be available in the next version. It takes the "Remove" links on the wishlist page, and re-writes them so that they process via AJAX. This means that clicking on the "Remove" link for an item will remove it from your wishlist without having to reload the page. Thus if you wanted to remove quite a few items, you just have to make a couple of clicks.

It's a small change, but boy does it make that page much more usable when trying to weed a few games here and there off of your wishlist.

oh hell yes!

Sweet! That's something that had been bugging me a lot, especially during Christmas sales when I was buying games from other sites. Removing all those games by hand was a pain ;~;
I'm back from army and checking my emails. Here are some of the duplicate bundle games.
Thanks for Machinarium!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sweet! That's something that had been bugging me a lot, especially during Christmas sales when I was buying games from other sites. Removing all those games by hand was a pain ;~;

In your case, Enhanced Steam's "Remove all owned from wishlist" feature would be a lot easier. One click done.

Yeah that is pretty useful, I hate the current implementation, especially with a large wishlist.

V.2.0

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Gemini Rue -- MB-1F613A526CAD18B9 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
Little Inferno -- MB-C705A3805D805D42

In your case, Enhanced Steam's "Remove all owned from wishlist" feature would be a lot easier. One click done.
Potentially retroactive blonde moment: Is that currently in the Firefox version? I know it's been lagging quite a bit behind the chrome version, so. . . I'd feel pretty silly if it's been there the whole time.

zkylon

zkylewd

if you could find a way to make everything work like that

I'd cry

So.

Rearranged my library today.

New categories are:

Tellfriggintale
Lego Orgy
Gamestarters
RNG Research
Steamsales
Gifts
Regular Games

The Tellfriggintale games are currently sorted into my 'Not Finished' category, and will probably remain there for a long, long time, if their current release schedule is anything to go by.

V.3.0
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-8348EF57BB861B53 - Taken by Annubis
Edna Harvey Harveys New Eyes -- MB-6D1BB1D773A491C8 - Taken by dot

So.

Rearranged my library today.

New categories are:

Tellfriggintale
Lego Orgy
Gamestarters
RNG Research
Steamsales
Gifts
Regular Games

mine's kinda simple:

Addicted (games i still come back to play such as civ 5, sins of a solar empire, etc)
Cleared Games (self explanatory)
Idle for Cards (self explanatory)
Ignore (terrible games i'll never bother to play)
Indie Games (self explanatory)
Multiplayer Games (self explanatory)
Games (games that are not indie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom