• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

Something to increase somebody's game count

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-A5347DCB3F166C46 - Taken by LuffyZoro

zkylon

zkylewd
the one thing I seriously can't understand about xenosaga is why it doesn't have any background music during gameplay, with the exception of fights

like, if there's something about xenogears that I remember with utmost fondness is the background music

where is it?

the one thing I seriously can't understand about xenosaga is why it doesn't have any background music during gameplay, with the exception of fights

like, if there's something about xenogears that I remember with utmost fondness is the background music

where is it?
I've only played the first Xenosaga but you reminded me of one of the worst things about it, there's only one battle theme for the entire game except for the very last boss fight (if that, memory's fuzzy on that detail). The horror. I haven't listened to it since playing in 2003 but even now I can hear it in my head now that the memories have come rushing back.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've only played the first Xenosaga but you reminded me of one of the worst things about it, there's only one battle theme for the entire game except for the very last boss fight (if that, memory's fuzzy on that detail). The horror. I haven't listened to it since playing in 2003 but even now I can hear it in my head now that the memories have come rushing back.
yeah, it's very strange

not even for boss fights

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So it looks like Echo Prime got updated so that if you already own Orc Must Die 2, you'll get a gift copy of OMD2 when purchasing Echo Prime.

So tempted.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So who else here has printed every receipt for their games on Steam?

I think I might finally have to upgrade my PC to accommodate them.

Caerith

So the soundtrack has, like, two songs on it?

Turfster

Speaking of horrible English voices, I tried playing some DARK with a friend earlier. My god, what a trainwreck of a game.
Starring the voice of Geralt of Rivia as 'bored and not giving a fuck', mixed by an engineer that never heard of levels and normalizing dialogue, coded by people that were too lazy to figure out corner traversal and climbing so you just teleport everywhere and written by a 14 year old.
I'm so glad I managed to borrow this 360 copy and didn't buy it like I thought to do at first.

Caerith

Speaking of horrible English voices, I tried playing some DARK with a friend earlier. My god, what a trainwreck of a game.
Starring the voice of Geralt of Rivia as 'bored and not giving a fuck', mixed by an engineer that never heard of levels and normalizing dialogue, coded by people that were too lazy to figure out corner traversal and climbing so you just teleport everywhere and written by a 14 year old.
I'm so glad I managed to borrow this 360 copy and didn't buy it like I thought to do at first.

Let's see... rated M (Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence), main character is a righteous vampire (so, anti-hero?), something something amnesia.... If I learned anything from the "Are Video Games too Juvenile?" thread, it's that Dark is apparently too mature.

Turfster

No GOG, no! Not Star Control!
I want this sale to be over quickly so I can see 93!

Let's see... rated M (Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence), main character is a righteous vampire (so, anti-hero?), something something amnesia.... If I learned anything from the "Are Video Games too Juvenile?" thread, it's that Dark is apparently too mature.

ERIC BANE was a righteous vampire? He was more a confused puppy in the first hour of the game.

Milamber

Sweet Prey give away. I was thinking of doing something similar. After seeing milamber's glorious desktop gaff I noticed he had no wallpaper, only a black screen. I was going to hold a "design milamber a wallpaper" competition for some Prey related prizes.Though after some thought decided against it as it was guaranteed to be super NSFW.

Since I get PMed about it in Steam chat a lot, I switched to all-black wallpaper cause I don't like minimizing my windows at night and being greeted by a glaring colorful wallpaper that hurts my eyes for a few seconds. I use Night mode and dark theme on everything, if applicable.

Caerith

No GOG, no! Not Star Control!
I want this sale to be over quickly so I can see 93!

ERIC BANE was a righteous vampire? He was more a confused puppy in the first hour of the game.
I'm just going off what I gleaned from the wikipedia page about it. It sounds as generic and juvenile as its name. Maybe if it had a cool subtitle, like, I dunno, "Dark: The Thief Project."

Turfster

Since I get PMed about it in Steam chat a lot, I switched to all-black wallpaper cause I don't like minimizing my windows at night and being greeted by a glaring colorful wallpaper that hurts my eyes for a few seconds. I use Night mode and dark theme on everything, if applicable.

Yep. All the glare/eye assault I can reduce, helps, so black backgrounds, grey windows and such help a lot.

PSA: Don't buy Rekoil.

youtu.be/ZTS8uo4ygVU

Without watching that I'm just going to assume it's bad. Which sucks because it apparently joins that other semi tactical sounding game Insurgency that just came out. Tactical non Arma 3 shooters are so dead and buried :(.

stealth I'm bored as hell release Dark Souls 2 on pc now please post

Without watching that I'm just going to assume it's bad. Which sucks because it apparently joins that other semi tactical sounding game Insurgency that just came out. Tactical non Arma 3 shooters are so dead and buried :(.

Isn't Insurgency supposed to be pretty decent?

It's not a tactical shooter in the slightest, it's the most generic COD clone imaginable... when it works.

When I was in school, I used to have this:
HVgCDQf.jpg

Caerith

I've been using a mostly red wallpaper for a few years and it hasn't hurt my eyes even when the entire room is dark, but that's probably because red light doesn't affect nightvision. So, something to consider when NeoGAF adds red mode.

Dr Dogg

Makes sense. I used to know someone who rocked high contrast mode in Windows 3.1 to saved knackering their eyes out at night,

The way Bioshock Infinite and Dishonored handle their dlc is really annoying. Have to first load up to the main menu, go to downloadable content and then from there you can access the DLC's separate menu. Although in Infinite you can at least choose continue.

Gvaz

Banned
Thanks. All I'd need it for is to be notified whenever a game I wish for is on sale, without lettings others know that I want that particular game. If that makes any sense.

Why? I've gotten several games that way from kind people.
It's an audio card. This is my older one from the same range, and it's a pretty solid card.

Xonar sucks. Drivers suck, compatibility sucks, power draw sucks.

No really, it was terrible using that one.

Right now I'm outputting toslink from onboard (coax can go fuck itself with a rusty iron sword) to my 5.1 reciever (im a poor basically) which is then output to my floor speakers (non-sat speakers)

Ban Puncher

Oh shit son it's a....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

header.jpg

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

I have a Prey Steam key to give away to one lucky person. But this is a giveaway of such epic magnitude that it cannot be contained by a mere ModBot raffle post. Also, by giving away this key I will be left with a worthless DVD case and disc of the game. And that is when an idea struck me - I will make this a competition of ARTISTIC SKILL.

For the next 24 hours, any member of NeoGAF will be eligible to submit a single MS Paint drawing detailing what I should do with the physical Prey materials. You decide the fate of the retail box and disc then crudely scrawl it out and post it here. After 24 hours have elapsed after this original post, I will pick a winner based entirely on my own personal taste and the lucky individual will be sent a brand spanking new Prey key to redeem on Steam. Be the envy of weirdo Steam collectors worldwide!

No Photoshop allowed - ghetto-ass MS Paint drawings only dawgs.

Have fun and good luck.

Eight and a bit hours left to showcase your masterpieces.

I don't get it, your disc isn't worthless, you can still install Prey from the discs even if you've redeemed the code because it's not Steamworks.

That reminds me, I still have my retail copy of Prey and I never redeemed the code. I should do that.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

I didn't have that problem that Jim did. The devs did confirm there's a fps bug which they are patching as soon as possible. Basically the game would start off really slow and then start running fine. Only happened a few times though.

It's not a tactical shooter in the slightest, it's the most generic COD clone imaginable... when it works.

You're doing the game a great disservice, I've had way more fun with Rekoil than any recent COD game.

Coldsun

Banned
Since I love you guys so much :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Slug 3 Beta -- MB-959AE283B2E39D83 - Taken by jediyoshi. 8 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Metal Slug 3 Beta was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1390981354z1.png

bronson

I'm getting achievements for Metal Slug 3 in the beta. On the game's store page, it says I already own it. Did SNK give away copies of the game proper, not just the beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom