• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back from army and checking my emails. Here are some of the duplicate bundle games.
V.5.0
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-06F7C13049121D6D - Taken by Blablurn
Killing Floor -- MB-A75D7B1056FE5C8D - Taken by hohoXD123
Zeno Clash -- MB-047DFB444001F348
Papo & Yo -- MB-B5C1442836DA73DA May be already claimed, not sure.
Dwarfs!? -- MB-3563DD2DE105FAD4 - Taken by Myshkin

genbatzu

from Wasteland 2 Kickstarter

ModBot said:
Instructions for genbatzu:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Wasteland 1 -- MB-DF7E915E23CE1BAA - Taken by NingenJanai. 9 entrants total.

t1390984280z1.png

Finished CoJ: Gunslinger a few days ago. I don't have much to say about it but I had a fun time with it being a shooty cowboy bang bang game. My first playthrough was about 5 hours, which I'm fine with given the scope of the game. Your weapon choices are slim, but all satisfying in their own way; you got revolvers, rifles, shotguns, dynamite, all good stuff. Since there's exp to be earned and levels to gain and skillpoints to allocate you're probably gonna end up stickin' closely to one type; personally, I was all for six shooters. The way the game plays around with its storytelling and how that reflects what you play was a nice change of pace from what I normally play. It's on the easy side though, and the skills make it even moreso, bullet time, ability to dodge lethal shots, ability to instantly headshot the guy trying to deliver the lethal shot, spider sense, mutant healing, things like that; it's not very challenging but that's not much of a deterrent for me.

I had higher hopes for the arcade mode after I finished the story, the levels were fun to play through once or twice but they're just small limited slices of campaign encounters with a score tally attached. With how easily abusable the multiplier chaining is there really wasn't much meat to it overall.

The shooting was always enjoyable, there was no ambiguity as to your killing blow because lethal shots turned enemies into a Fruit Gushers commercial.

With that I think I've had a productive month
at least in video game terms, my actual productivity was non-existent
. After the guilt I felt from the pile of games I acquired through the winter sale I figured had to play some stuff; I've already finished Shadow Warrior, Rise of the Triad, Papers Please, Bleed, Tomb Raider, Gunslinger, and the Doom wads Scythe, Vanguard, Doom The Way id Did, and Alien Vendetta. Other than Rise of the Triad, it's all been good so far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The way Bioshock Infinite and Dishonored handle their dlc is really annoying. Have to first load up to the main menu, go to downloadable content and then from there you can access the DLC's separate menu. Although in Infinite you can at least choose continue.

I've noticed that Black Flag handles it in an odd way: Loading the DLC from the main menu is seamless, but if you then quit back to the main menu, the game restarts entirely, fresh Steam Overlay and all.

I did what I could
givemepreyyoudouchenss33.png

If I had a spare copy of Prey to give, you'd win. ;)

I told Jase that I don't care about his game count until he has 2000 DLCs.

The Summer of Slaughter DLC pushed me to 1977, so I figured I'd buy the Grimm Complete Pack so we could be friends.

dlcgtk0x.jpg

I'm back from army and checking my emails. Here are some of the duplicate bundle games.
V.6.0
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Mark of The Ninja -- MB-FD17C255395FAD7B - Taken by Ravensmash
Eets Munchies -- MB-918F6D36313B01F7
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-90B42402C720116B - Taken by nicjac

I'm fairly certain it involves that dog
only having back legs because it was abused.
:(

Although I don't actually know, and I'm not sure I wanna watch that video. I get super emotional about this stuff, man.

Bummer, our labradoodle likes to get up on his hindlegs and jump around me which is amusing. People are terrible.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Arthea

It has to be one of most insane achievement pics
a41e46ef2267a78d7274799a0ea734116d4d0ca0.jpg

especially for achievement called "Totally meant that" (><)

edited: holy smoke, now we have puppy abuse days?

It has to be one of most insane achievement pics
a41e46ef2267a78d7274799a0ea734116d4d0ca0.jpg

especially for achievement called "Totally meant that" (><)

edited: holy smoke, now we have puppy abuse days?

I removed the gif, I have no clue what the backstory is, but supposedly is bad so sorry about that guys.

Knurek

Playling original BioShock at the moment, just reached Hephaestus.

Can't say I'm fond of the gameplay all that much, the game has amazing art/location design, but the gunplay isn't all that satisfying.
The story should pick up any moment, right? So far it's just been a case of 'follow the objective arrow for some cutscenes'.

Deques

Can't say I'm fond of the gameplay all that much, the game has amazing art/location design, but the gunplay isn't all that satisfying.
The story should pick up any moment, right? So far it's just been a case of 'follow the objective arrow for some cutscenes'.

For me it was always like that

Copons

Guys, what's your program of choice to show the framerate?
I was thinking FRAPS, but I don't care enough to pay for it (I know the free version allows it, but still, maybe there's something free and better).

Make sure you use your skills and get creative, the gunplay becomes much much more satisfying after that. The "magic" whatever skills are kinda hard to use properly versus just pumping the enemies full of lead though.

I was thinking FRAPS, but I don't care enough to pay for it (I know the free version allows it, but still, maybe there's something free and better).
Free version of FRAPS does work very well for that and it's very light and easy to use. Does Shadowplay offer similar solution?

maneil99

EVGA and MSI afterburner have FPS overlays that can show a ton more, honestly not sure why you wouldnt use fraps

sapsari

Gameplay is always boring and visuals are always impressive. Story gets better as you play.

maneil99

Make sure you use your skills and get creative, the gunplay becomes much much more satisfying after that. The "magic" whatever skills are kinda hard to use properly versus just pumping the enemies full of lead though.

Free version of FRAPS does work very well for that and it's very light and easy to use. Does Shadowplay offer similar solution?

Shadowplay can only record and stream, it does not display anything else

Knurek

I dunno, I've just been using the lightning magic, then finishing the shocked enemies with shotgun.
Playing on Easy, but given other GAFfers impressions, it doesn't change much on harder difficulties.
Well, at least the game is short-ish. Wouldn't think of playing if it were 20h+.

Copons

EVGA and MSI afterburner have FPS overlays that can show a ton more, honestly not sure why you wouldnt use fraps

Is not that I don't want to use FRAPS, I was just asking if there's something better around. :)

But apparently there isn't (I guess Afterburner is a little bloated for what I need), so FRAPS will be!

Copons

Oh, Copons, congratulations on your new rig.
So, can you run Civ 5 and ETS2 together now? ;)

AHAH
I can indeed!!

Yesterday I was trying out L4D2 waiting for a friend to login, then I paused and alt+tabbed to check if he was online on FB, and obviously I got lost browsing around.
After a little bit I decided it was time to try 400% downsampling in ETS2, so I launch ETS2, play for a bit, than alt+tab to check FB and I went back in L4D2, which I totally forgot it was running. :D

Worth noting that I didn't get a single frame drop for all this stuff.
It may be normal, but comparing it to my previous rig... I was kinda astounded. :D

sapsari

Got a $5 Amazon code for buying Tomb Raider to give away at the Christmas sale, and used the $5 code to give away Tomb Raider again from the January sale. Yes, it is just that worth playing. :lol

Thanks a lot for the giveaway. I'm a big fan of old TR games where exploration is core of the game. Still it would nice to give the reboot a try.

I wonder if the mods will issue a statement regarding the recent event. It seems like a huge mess right now and I'm not sure ekim helped it with his thread even though he wanted to clear up things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom