• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I was even all that excited seeing the source 2 stuff.
Opened the thread went "eh" and closed it. I just can't get excited over a graphics engine. Now if we had some leaked HL3 screenshots or something then I would have cared.

def sim

Oh shit son it's a....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

iJrhQ4D8wmADs.png

It's a doorway. I've only played the demo back in 06 and this is what I remember of it.

Source 2 slides leak. Stuff was going down and now some people think ekim is cboat. Shit going down on livejournal (some guy made a conspiracy theory post), reddit and twitter apparently.

Oh, I caught a bit of that. CBOAT is CBOAT, he's like an angel materializing when he's needed.

Thanks for Mark of the Ninja! Wanted to try it for ages.

Won it once in a free for all but the code was already used sadly :[ This works though, shall play it today! :D

------

This CBOAT stuff is surreal.

I didn't realise so many people are that invested in their favoured console company that they need to come up with conspiracy theories surrounding a huge forum like this.

I mean, do people really care that much?

-----

Any good recommendations for games on Steam that are under £20? I'd like to get a few cheaper games - preferably some of the more critically/GAF praised titles but there are so many that it's hard to choose!

Tizoc

Aight time I got rid of these, the FPS/Shooter games I just got recently, the rest are from over a year ago during a Winter Sale on Amazon.com so hopefully they are still active ^^;
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-94B6F63B38513C33
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-8A9A2F723D7B3A98 - Taken by Kiru
AirBuccaneers -- MB-A4A0F0F673EFEC00
Deadlight -- MB-14A92FC3D5E73FC0
Iron Brigade -- MB-6C00F3EC3A759B3D
Zeno Clash -- MB-6BE226A6DE2D0A22
Chaser -- MB-25EC64260FEE6065
Toy Soldiers -- MB-DF9A0CCDF6649C55
Insanely Twister Shadow Planet -- MB-A98FDDEEF82E0AD4

t1391083863z1.png

Tenrius

That, and some of the boss fights are just horrible; on my replay on the harder difficulty I got to the one during the chase on the highway and I just stopped playing right there, it goes on at least three times longer than it has any right to.

It freaked me out the first time I saw it too, but when it was the same every time I started it up I just figured it was a bad stylistic choice.

I went on a very long hiatus when I hit that battle as well (playing on hard). Forced myself to finish it after a while and it went pretty smooth afterwards.

Any good recommendations for games on Steam that are under £20? I'd like to get a few cheaper games - preferably some of the more critically/GAF praised titles but there are so many that it's hard to choose!

Recently praised titles Cook, Serve, Delicious! Valdis Story, Risk of Rain and Long Live the Queen.

Ok I officially hate the single-sign-on thing between GMG and playfire. Even if at the beginning I linked the 2 accounts, since they don't use the same email (I had a separate playfire account and GMG account long before the merge between the two) I can't transfer the credit and now they're seen as two different account and there's no way to link them.

_hekk05

Banned

I'm a sucker for teleglitch, and its on humble weekly bundle now.

Ban Puncher

Oh shit son it's a....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

header.jpg

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

I have a Prey Steam key to give away to one lucky person. But this is a giveaway of such epic magnitude that it cannot be contained by a mere ModBot raffle post. Also, by giving away this key I will be left with a worthless DVD case and disc of the game. And that is when an idea struck me - I will make this a competition of ARTISTIC SKILL.

For the next 24 hours, any member of NeoGAF will be eligible to submit a single MS Paint drawing detailing what I should do with the physical Prey materials. You decide the fate of the retail box and disc then crudely scrawl it out and post it here. After 24 hours have elapsed after this original post, I will pick a winner based entirely on my own personal taste and the lucky individual will be sent a brand spanking new Prey key to redeem on Steam. Be the envy of weirdo Steam collectors worldwide!

No Photoshop allowed - ghetto-ass MS Paint drawings only dawgs.

Have fun and good luck.

Two hours to go.

Fantastic efforts by everyone so far.

Still time to toss up an entry. Gotta be in it to win it!

Arthea

*flips a table*
Of course I missed Crusader due to this pitiful human state called 'sleep'.
GOGmachine, why?

In other news, GetGamesGo has COD4 keys back in stock for 4.49€

ya, gog and sleep doesn't go good together lately

It probably was explained many times already, I just can't remember. But is this COD MAC only or something?

Arthea

It would help to know what games you like. I checked your steam profile, came back no wiser (><)

Some of my favourite newer additions to steam:
Long Live the Queen (everybody likes that, so I'm safe suggesting it)
Magic 2014, well it's MtG, what's there to say more
Dust: An Elysian Tail
99 spirits

others
King's Bounty games, any of them, actually
10,000,000, my recent favourite (also very cheap one, but that's coincidence, I swear!)
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

or you can buy Indiegala bundle for a cult game
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
http://www.indiegala.com/
it's about to end too

Quick question regarding the Brave New World expansion for Civ 5.

Does anyone know if it's a supplemental download to the installed game or was it included in a recent patch a lá how Sleeping Dogs etc handled DLC.

I was going to buy it for my brother as a pick me up but he's had to move back home where they have a data limit on the broadband. It'd be ideal if it just 'unlocked' the content.

Cheers

Caerith

Whatever anyone recommends, wait for it to go on sale.

That said, you can't go wrong with:
Cook, Serve, Delicious
Sequence

Also Long Live the Queen and Recettear are far more hardcore than they look.

It would help to know what games you like. I checked your steam profile, came back no wiser (><)

99 spirits

others
10,000,000, my recent favourite (also very cheap one, but that's coincidence, I swear!)

it's about to end too

Thanks, I'll take a look at all of those.

Yeah, to be honest I enjoy pretty much anything as long as I can tell it's well made. Ideally I want something that will hook me for a long time (thus why I was thinking Starbound or Rust), but that's not say I don't perceive the value of shorter games.

One of my last proper purchases was Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and while it's short, it's one of the best games I've played in a long time.

Arthea

Thanks, I'll take a look at all of those.

Yeah, to be honest I enjoy pretty much anything as long as I can tell it's well made. Ideally I want something that will hook me for a long time (thus why I was thinking Starbound or Rust), but that's not say I don't perceive the value of shorter games.

One of my last proper purchases was Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and while it's short, it's one of the best games I've played in a long time.

Oh now worries with that, King's Bounty games are some of the longest game into existence! no kidding.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Unfortunately it's not Velvet Assassin's Creed:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-468BE561A7835613 - Taken by _hekk05
Velvet Assassin #2 -- MB-7ECB17A2F181D28C - Taken by Hasney

Hasney

Does anyone know if it's a supplemental download to the installed game or was it included in a recent patch a lá how Sleeping Dogs etc handled DLC.

I was going to buy it for my brother as a pick me up but he's had to move back home where they have a data limit on the broadband. It'd be ideal if it just 'unlocked' the content.

Cheers

It's 1GB and it downloads after you buy the DLC, or I timed my purchase of it when a 1GB patch came out. The odds of it being a coincidence are small though, I would imagine.

Caerith

Cheers
I think it downloads it after you buy the expansion.

It's 1GB and it downloads after you buy the DLC, or I timed my purchase of it when a 1GB patch came out. The odds of it being a coincidence are small though, I would imagine.

I think it downloads it after you buy the expansion.

Ace, cheers both. I think he can manage 1gb, the store page states 8gb so I didn't want him to have to download that. I guess that's the base game too given that it's required.

Dr Dogg

I wonder if the mods will issue a statement regarding the recent event. It seems like a huge mess right now and I'm not sure ekim helped it with his thread even though he wanted to clear up things.

I don't know.

Not to add to the drama or derail this thread or drag it here but I saw a post from Stump the perfectly and rationally summed up the whole situation and many people still ignored that.

What can you do?

Anyway on to lighter things. Seeing as I'm getting stuck into Max Payne 3, which I bought the complete pack over crimbo, I've got a whole host of keys for the various bits of dlc. Do I need to input all of these into the built in Social Club tab? Seams a massive pain in the arse.

Jawmuncher

99 spirits

others

it's about to end too

Have you not played War of The Human Tanks?
Because you need to.

Jawmuncher

I played some, not much. I probably wanted it too much, expected too much or something, it didn't clicked with me as I thought it will. But I'll get back and finish, after 10,000,000, that is.

Yeah it takes about until the 3rd mission to really open up.
I didn't like it at first either but the farther I went the more fun I had.

Arthea

Ubisoft on periods: "Barely even once."

But DE:HR taught me that I never asked for anything!

One simply doesn't add the period to asscreed!

well, you asked! may be you need to play it again? ;)

Yeah it takes about until the 3rd mission to really open up.
I didn't like it at first either but the farther I went the more fun I had.

I'll hope that's the case with me too, although I think I played till 4th mission...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom