• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen anything at all.

The only thing we have seen is confirmation from a Namco PR rep that all of that demo/trailer footage shown with the different lighting is from the PC version. The writer does concede that it was an off-hand conversation, so don't take it as gospel http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103960797&postcount=520

The previous demos/trailers being the PC version is literally the only plausible explanation at this point. Namco shows off a demo and trailer with specular highlights, high-res textures, normal mapping, silky frame rate (60FPS in the trailer), awesome lighting, darkness mechanic, and the console version ships with literally none of those graphical features and frame rate issues.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Wasn't there a beta for Dark Souls 2? I got in on it but couldn't be bothered to try it as I figured I'd just wait to play the game when it was finished, as I don't really care about the multiplayer type components in the sense of PvP, etc.

I thought the beta was delayed but not cancelled... or did it get cancelled and I just missed out on the fact because I lost interest in the beta?

I found some footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbXRBBpXYGE

Looks better than the stuff I've seen in the downgrade thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm all in for Demonicon. It sounds so bad it's good.

Mairu

Since a lot of people seem to be on the fence about the Banner Saga, I'd like to share my thoughts about the game and potentially save you some money
Cons:
- Too short, takes around 8-10 hours to complete

Oh, awesome! I backed it on Kickstarter but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I'll move it up since I appreciate RPGs that are pretty quick to finish.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
wow, your 2.5 year old Call of Duty game is on sale? sweet how much!?

Oh, ONLY 30 bucks, you say??? TOTALLY GONNA BUY

wow, your 2.5 year old Call of Duty game is on sale? sweet how much!?

Oh, ONLY 30 bucks, you say??? TOTALLY GONNA BUY

For someone with time in their name, you certainly aren't good at calculating it.

Black Ops 2, which is the $30 title, was released in November of 2012. As it is not yet November of 2014, it is impossible for the game to be more than 2 years old. :p

Either thatt or you're talking about MW3, in which case the price is $20.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope you have a good sense of humour. ;)

aku:jiki

Oh come on! One Finger Death Punch's medal achievements don't stack?! Might have to shelve the game until they patch that, because that's annoying as hell. :mad:

Grief.exe

Dream over

OycT490.png

Cth

So, here's a question about One Finger Death Punch..

Are the controls solely the left and right mouse buttons?

The reason I ask is I'm using a touchpad on the laptop and didnt know if it required moving the mouse left and right or anything of that sort.

I saw partial controller support as well, is that button based, analog, customizable?

I bought both COD4 and MW2 for $5 each within the last year. It's totally doable.

I got CoD4 for $5 too... I want MW2 for $5. Need to keep an eye out for that.

It will be easier once MW2/MW3 get their Steamplay patch.

The mac version of MW1 seems to always be cheaper. I just bought and played through that version, tl;dr campaign is vastly overrated.

Incorrect. MW's campaign had some great stuff in it...

Dream over

OycT490.png

Sorry dude. At least you can pick a digital preorder now and not worry about it. I'm still more worried about the actual game quality at this point though.

PC version being OG was a lie

Huh?

It's 99c and on Steaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam.

That's all I need to read
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos -- MB-11C4E391DE7833DD

t1394584138z1.png

Nabs

So, here's a question about One Finger Death Punch..

Are the controls solely the left and right mouse buttons?

The reason I ask is I'm using a touchpad on the laptop and didnt know if it required moving the mouse left and right or anything of that sort.

I saw partial controller support as well, is that button based, analog, customizable?

X and B on the controller

Grief.exe

Sorry dude. At least you can pick a digital preorder now and not worry about it. I'm still more worried about the actual game quality at this point though.

Oh well, save money and get to preload. Miss out on a cool extra, but I will try to pick up the case on ebay/craigslist/BST down the line.

"We don't have what you want, but we have this other stuff you don't want"

Marketing in a nutshell.

At least you'll have your picture of it

I'll print it out, frame it, and put it on my desk.

Backlogger

Less than a week to Deus Ex: The Fall.

http://projectcrystallis.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/cdtl3nbecbni.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

Looking forward to trying it out with a Kb & M rather than 'touch' controls, but don't really want to spend $10 on it even with the current pre-order bonus. I will probably wait for it to be $5 or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom