• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Most important thing McGee achieved in all his career is the great spawning of the hottest Alice cosplays in various comicons.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's a $100 digital deluxe edition? Wut?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/39175

As I said earlier, the game remind me a lot of costume quest -- fast travel becomes important when you aren't really getting into battles and you just want to turn quests in. Also, there's a level cap at 15, so once you hit it, random battles are useless for the most part unless you're grinding money (and unless you're going for the achievement where you don't sell anything, you won't need to) or doing it for other achievements (DIRE AIDS) or quests you may have missed.

Ah, I didn't realise the level cap was so low. I assumed it was 25.

Arthea

wait, there is level cap in a singleplay RPG? How does it make any sense? It is a full Finnish game, or I'm missing something?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Its not a Finnish game, so it isn't worth playing.

There are just a finite number of skills and attacks, so leveling up past that point is arbitrary.

Each class has five abilities, each with five levels, so a character level cap of 15 falls short of maxing them out. There are also perks, however upgrade points for them are earned as you make more friends.

Arthea

Its not a Finnish game, so it isn't worth playing.

There are just a finite number of skills and attacks, so leveling up past that point is arbitrary.
totally!

ya, but don't you balance you game in a way that you don't need to impose so ridiculously low level cap or something?

Each class has five abilities, each with five levels, so a level cap of 15 falls short of maxing them out. There are also perks, however upgrade points for them are earned as you make more friends.

I see, SP is just not the type of RPG I imagined it is.
Thanks for explaining this

Wok

I have watched The Grand Budapest Hotel by Wes Anderson, and JaseC is a good actress with a hard-to-understand accent.

Okay, I am going with:
  • FTL
  • A virus named Tom
  • Hexcells Plus
  • LYNE (hopefully on Steam one day, since it is the core mechanic of The Witness)

It is pretty brainy, but I have enjoyed all these games, so it should be fine.

Gabe heard me.

Hey Toma, looks what's coming to Steam this month

Reposting for a new page
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos -- MB-11C4E391DE7833DD - Taken by Evrain. 7 entrants total.

t1394584138z1.png

Also, i'm sure theres only 8 minutes left not 8ish years

edit: looking back a few pages it seems all the countdown timers went redoodoodiculous .
edit2: oh theyre all fixed now

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hello my friends. I haven't had much chance to talk on or read GAF these past few days, but I'm caught up and now and I'm glad to see things are as active and friendly as ever.

Thanks to the kindness of Maxwood I'm discovering just how much fun SpeedRunners really is. Online or four player local co-op, an amazingly good time.

Also thanks to all who recommended One Finger Death Punch, it is as addictive and amusingly fun over the top as it's been talked about, it was worth the Indie Capsule 2 bundle purchase all on it's own.

Also, a couple of games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Foreign Legion Buckets of Blood -- MB-8C7B581AC9E3A427 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 4 entrants total.
Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-9EBA138A02A52064 - Taken by Sub Zero. 1 entrants total.

t1394594623z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I have a system where I avoid sites with numbers in 'em. It hasn't failed me yet.

doesn't seem like it's not legit, tho regionlocking always scares me

i'll just get dks2 on nuuvem since it doesn't make me feel i'm buying some black market slavelord or something, plus it's pretty cheap there already

titanfall is pretty cheap there tho :/

kevin1025

Banned
I made a promise to myself that I'm now focusing on buying classic shooters that I've for the most part missed out on. This includes the Quake series (though I played Quake 2 back in the day), the Unreal games (I played the first Tournament), HeXen, the Wolfenstein's, and the Jedi Knight series. I missed out on so many of these classics.

Caerith

Is Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos worth $0.99?
I didn't see this answered beyond "it's cheap," but I thought Dysfunctional Systems was pretty good. It's a visual novel with good writing and only one dialogue you have a choice in, but that one dialogue is really, really involved with lots of possible ways it could turn out and significantly changes the outcome of the story.

It's the first episode of a series, and whether we get a second episode depends entirely on this kickstarter. I blame the devs putting their game in a ton of bundles before it even released on Steam-- I mean, you can buy it for a dollar now, but a lot of people got it in a bundle where that dollar was split ten different ways.

totally!

ya, but don't you balance you game in a way that you don't need to impose so ridiculously low level cap or something?

I see, SP is just not the type of RPG I imagined it is.
Thanks for explaining this
You level pretty slowly in SP, and even though 15 is the cap the highest level weapon is, I think, level 14 (the katana). I capped out before I beat the game, but only barely.

There will probably be an expansion that raises the level cap. I mean, you see signs in the game saying something is coming Summer 2014.

Pakkidis

Steam.... Steam......NOOOOOOOOOOOOo.

When I quite a game it was trying to sync to the cloud. What happens now? Did I loose all that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom