• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOOKS LIKE IT'S BUNDLE DAY, GUYS

bwVISwM.gif

Turfster

Daily NBA2K13 66% off
Weekend
  • Rockstar Weekend 67-80% off: LA Noire 67% off, 75% off Complete Edition
  • Kalypso strategy packs 50-75% off
  • F1 2013 75% off FREE WEEKEND

Anteater

Rock star weekend >.>
and NBA 2k13 daily 66% off - $10.19 USD

is LA Noire really that bad? Kind of curious since it's an adventure/mystery/detective game

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-BF972D038EF5C558 - Taken by trailmix16. 15 entrants total.
Tower Wars -- MB-9429A5607A9E07E0 - Taken by bkw. 14 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-F9058A342DACFE74 - Taken by KenOD. 15 entrants total.
Weird Worlds Return to Infinite Space -- MB-9FDBEC5F3FB72B10 - Taken by topyy. 12 entrants total.

t1394741059z1.png

Rock star weekend >.>

is LA Noire really that bad? Kind of curious since it's an adventure/mystery/detective game

I have it on the 360 and the story was really good. I can't play it anymore because the framerate is just dreadful, though maybe it is 60fps on PC.

Phinor

Rock star weekend >.>

How bad? Is it some common knowledge that it's bad? Metacritic scores in the 80s, Steam positive/negative reviews at 98%/2%. It was on many top 10 lists that year. Personally I loved it and played through it twice. I might rate it equal to Red Dead Redemption, but maybe I shouldn't.

kiyomi

Oh man. I don't have a gaming PC yet but I want to chuck money at that Max Payne bundle.

How was the MP3 port on PC, guys?

It's a poor game, but it's a fun experience, if you like the Los Angeles setting in the time period it's in, or if you like film noir stuff. Pretty long game too, although padded out by a lot of driving.

The face tech is nice. The biggest problem with it is that there's no puzzle to any of it, it's literally "find the clues, guess the answers, you progress anyway" kind of deal.

Grief.exe

How is Bully PC version? Also, can I play Midnight Club 2 and Manhunt on Win 8.1?

Regarding the bolded, I thought it was pretty bad. Controlling the game with a keyboard and mouse is clunky and there are few video options, though fortunately it ran OK on my setup.

On top of those issues I didn't like the game at all, so perhaps that has coloured my opinion on it.

Edit: Steam's downtime seems more common than it used to be. I wonder how many sales are lost during each outage...

Anteater

Thanks for the impressions on LA noire!

How bad? Is it some common knowledge that it's bad? Metacritic scores in the 80s, Steam positive/negative reviews at 98%/2%. It was on many top 10 lists that year. Personally I loved it and played through it twice. I might rate it equal to Red Dead Redemption, but maybe I shouldn't.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of negativity towards the game, but it might've been about the story since it's pretty story driven.

It's a poor game, but it's a fun experience, if you like the Los Angeles setting in the time period it's in, or if you like film noir stuff. Pretty long game too, although padded out by a lot of driving.

The face tech is nice. The biggest problem with it is that there's no puzzle to any of it, it's literally "find the clues, guess the answers, you progress anyway" kind of deal.

hmm I guess I'll wait a bit since I still got gta4 and the expansions to go through, they seem hella long too. I don't mind a "non game" as long as the story is worth my time and other aspects are interesting, it's better than having terrible combat as fillers :D

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Project Night in the debut bundle right now is a pretty promising old-school survival-horror game currently in Alpha. It's received two new builds since I last played it in November, but I liked what I played and am definitely looking forward to it. It had some great atmosphere, even though it wore its Silent Hill inspiration a bit heavy, especially in the second location.

Anteater

Bully is kind of weird on pc, you need a mod to uncap the framerate too (60fps), the game also looks incredibly washed out with weird brightness, but it ran fine for the most part probably because it's a really old game.

textonly

Neo Member
You know, I might not be the biggest GTA fan, but that complete package for ~6€ looks tempting to say the least. Just something about having those games in my library.... oh god I'm turning into one of you !!4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom