• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melted77

Is there any trouble redeeming games? I bought a bundle from bundlestars.com and none of the keys are working.

Seems to be a lot of issues with Steam right now. Can't list anything on the Marketplace and my TF2 tab is missing from my inventory.

edit: looks like I can see my TF2 tab now.

Knurek

All of these recent RPG Maker games. As a fan of them, I'm happy, though I think more should move away from the default tiles, but whatever. Maybe I should make that one RPG Maker Horror game I've been wanting too for a while and see how it does on Greenlight.

I'm kind of interested in the game as well... Maybe further down the line. Looks to be a pretty much professional product.

Elija2

So I purchased the SEGA Humble Bundle and when I went into my library I saw two versions of Company of Heroes (one says New Steam Version). What's the difference between them?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
F1 2013 worth the free weekend? If I remember right there was complaining about '12 or '13 or '11 being a buggy mess, yeah?

HoosTrax

I don't know why people feel the need to have three pages worth of "is Steam down" "is Steam back up"? It's clearly down, all you had to was check the website for that purpose.

Go do something else -- you're just encouraging kiddies who get their jollies DDoSing servers.

Kadin

An easy way to get D3 to work is to use this as the shortcut target in Steam

"D:\Battle.net\Games\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch

with your own path, obviously.
Well that's even easier. Just checked and worked perfectly as well. Thanks a lot!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I don't know why people feel the need to have three pages worth of "is Steam down" "is Steam back up"? It's clearly down, all you had to was check the website for that purpose.

Go do something else -- you're just encouraging kiddies who get their jollies DDoSing servers.

What? Steam is down!?!?

Everyone, panic!!!

panic.gif

The Gaben is angry. I'll be the first human sacrifice to get Steam back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The first 1000 buyers can get it for $9 on their site, kickstarter-style, but it seems to have problems right now.

Thanks for the heads-up; bought myself a key. I'm starting to close in on 2500 games.

JaseC, if I remember right: You 100% Ass Creed 3: How the fuck are you supposed to play Fanorona? It's total bullshit that Achilles is able to combo all my shit from a corner because he's able to approach/retreat in lines while I have no means to take his shit on approach. WTF!?

I just cheated. There's a guide somewhere that involves mirroring his moves in an external version of the game, which works most of the time (occasionally you can find yourself in a stalemate).

SZ64K5y.jpg

JASSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEC!

Haha, a mere coincidence, I swear. ;)

JaseC alert
The review for this game mentions Chocobos as ways for transportation. You might want to get the game before Squeenix lawyers take it down.
JaseC alert

Hmm. Hmm.

Edit: The game's been on Desura since November. I'll buy myself a copy since it's half off but I don't think I'll bother with spares.

Tomodachi

Something else? What's this something else you're blabbering about?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You do art/have an artist? I do love me some horror pixel art. Something unsettling about it.

Something I've practiced over the years. Pixel art is something I definitely have down at this point, but not much skill on the drawn art. However, I have a few artists I've worked with on another project of mine that did some fantastic quick concept sketches when I asked them too. I asked for a few specific things, and they managed to output some fantastic concept sketches in just a few hours.

I thought they did good for the few hours I asked them to quickly complete these.

I wouldn't mind asking them about this and getting money involved if needed, I have some savings and now the idea to work on this is growing on me. Especially as I can handle most of it, I even have practice on sound design and a close childhood friend is a composer currently in college who's basically made it clear if I want to do something he's in.

Great, now my mind is scheming.

dk_

Noooooooooooooooo!

Bought the Sega bundle via VPN because of Typing of the Dead, which is not available in Germany. But once I redeemed I just got Sonic Transformed! I wanted it so bad! :-(

Noooooooooooooooo!

Bought the Sega bundle via VPN because of Typing of the Dead, which is not available in Germany. But once I redeemed I just got Sonic Transformed! I wanted it so bad! :-(
When I'm working, my company's network is connected to germany. Good thing I haven't pulled the trigger on that bundle yet!

Just finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, though it feels more like I finished Ninja Gaiden 2. I feel like they were originally making a Ninja Gaiden sequel, lost the license, then got the Lords of Shadow license and repurposed what they had. Man that last boss was terrible. I liked the game for the most part, though parts of it made me want to punch whoever was responsible. At least now I can go finish Tropical Freeze.

I wonder if I should support the Sega Humble in the interest of showing them that I want more of their games on PC (*cough*Bayonetta and Vanquish*cough*)...

aku:jiki

JaseC alert
The review for this game mentions Chocobos as ways for transportation. You might want to get the game before Squeenix lawyers take it down.
JaseC alert
Hah, they actually did put them in! They're in the store page trailer at 1:20. That's impressively cocky but stupid.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Something I've practiced over the years. Pixel art is something I definitely have down at this point, but not much skill on the drawn art. However, I have a few artists I've worked with on another project of mine that did some fantastic quick concept sketches when I asked them too. I asked for a few specific things, and they managed to output some fantastic concept sketches in just a few hours.

I thought they did good for the few hours I asked them to quickly complete these.

I wouldn't mind asking them about this and getting money involved if needed, I have some savings and now the idea to work on this is growing on me. Especially as I can handle most of it, I even have practice on sound design and a close childhood friend is a composer currently in college who's basically made it clear if I want to do something he's in.

Great, now my mind is scheming.

That's some really interesting concept art. Plague doctor inspired imagery is almost always fascinating and the hangman image looks really great.

Pachimari

It's really annoying how I get a server error everytime I try to redeem my copy of Assassin's Creed IV on Ubisofts site. Supposed to get the game for buying a GTX 780.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man I wanted my 1500th game to be special but with all these bundles thats not gonna happen is it. Could be Dark Souls 2 except GMG doesnt hand out keys before hand :(

So I dropped $9 bucks earlier this morning on that new Pixel Junk Early Access game nom nom Galaxy. So unlike me. The more time I have had to think about it the more I wonder if that was a mistake. Anyone play it or have impressions yet?

I've only played for, like, a half an hour but I'm already enjoying it more than I did Terraria and Starbound. Visually, it's more appealing and it (so far) seems a bit more simplistic than those two games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
man I wanted my 1500th game to be special but with all these bundles thats not gonna happen is it. Could be Dark Souls 2 except GMG doesnt hand out keys before hand :(

My 1,500th game was 007 Legends.
What the hell is wrong with me?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If you really want DS2 to be your 1500th game you could save your keys in a text file for later use and store any purchases on Steam itself in your inventory. Barbie's Dreamhouse Party is going to my 3000th game but I'm still waiting for it to go on sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you really want DS2 to be your 1500th game you could save your keys in a text file for later use and store any purchases on Steam itself in your inventory. Barbie's Dreamhouse Party is going to my 3000th game but I'm still waiting for it to go on sale.

I dont care that much :p

also that groupees build a greenlight bundle 4 can go fuck itself, its the only one I missed and all of the fucking games are coming out :(

My 1,500th game was 007 Legends.
What the hell is wrong with me?

My 1,000th was like... Arma 2... coupled with the Day Z mode from the weekly Bohemia bundle. I wanted it to be Prey, but my copy arrived at an inopportune time.

I had wanted DS2 to be a milestone game... but now that I see that abomination that was released on consoles and I'm not even sad it's not going to be in my library at all (unless some major changes occur).

I dont care that much :p

also that groupees build a greenlight bundle 4 can go fuck itself, its the only one I missed and all of the fucking games are coming out :(

Agreed. I didn't have much faith in greenlight back then, as games were very rarely getting the go ahead so I started skipping those bundles. :\

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space[Steam] -- MB-C4DCE62D7226A56A - Taken by Coldsun

Tizoc

2 Keys in one:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PopCap Humble Bundle Origin Keys -- MB-6A80840F53BD0484

t1394821431z1.png

So if you win the giveaway you'll get the Origin keys for all the games in that bundle

Reposting, g'nite gaf~

mannerbot

I had wanted DS2 to be a milestone game... but now that I see that abomination that was released on consoles and I'm not even sad it's not going to be in my library at all (unless some major changes occur).

This is an interesting sentiment I've seen a lot lately. Is this all related to the graphics changes/false advertising or is there something more to it than that?

Rhaknar

This is an interesting sentiment I've seen a lot lately. Is this all related to the graphics changes/false advertising or is there something more to it than that?

I cant speak for corrosive but yes, from what ive seen, its about the graphics. to each its own, but from the videos ive seen it looks like more dark souls, which is what I want. I dont care that its not the game that it could have been, but then again, I never do with any game (or movie, or whatever). I wont stop playing a game that exists because it doesnt look like a game that could / should have existed

Caerith

All of these recent RPG Maker games. As a fan of them, I'm happy, though I think more should move away from the default tiles, but whatever. Maybe I should make that one RPG Maker Horror game I've been wanting too for a while and see how it does on Greenlight.

I just wish RPG Maker didn't suck quite so much, what with having a maximum resolution of a graphing calculator.

Have you played The Witch's House? It's a (free) RPG Maker horror game that does some really interesting things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom