• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaniem

I have some extras.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Time Gentlemen Please -- MB-C632E27143769352 - Taken by aku:jiki
Universe Sandbox -- MB-A80F0DCA26E31438 - Taken by Evrain
Blockland -- MB-658E0B15D20AD12A - Taken by Abomination
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance -- MB-10D46EC602DB6C70 - Taken by Kiru
Supreme Commander -- MB-0EE358D9074EBE77 - Taken by derExperte
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-BFAB92D23845CEFD - Taken by Tesseract
Arcane Worlds -- MB-3E79D623550F20BF - Taken by EdmondD
Kairo -- MB-A6E67B3191AF9087 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World -- MB-E6BA66A0FB67DC57 - Taken by rainking187
Little Racers Street -- MB-EEA575E1190B6019 - Taken by jmizzal
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-42CE190040886EB0 - Taken by dot
Bumbledore -- MB-1B2E70AAD5B04596 - Taken by Japle

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cool, thanks. MGR is somewhat region-locked I take it, but if I'm in Europe, a key from French should be ok, right?

Yeah, you're fine. It's only region-locked (at the activation level) for roughly half of Asia.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just a question: when I saw it hit an all time low on Nuuveem, the page said it was region locked to S. America. So that was just for activation?

Keys are region-locked for some of those in Asia and that's it. Nuuvem's notice is just a little white lie, originally designed to protect its arse were Konami to pull a Deep Silver.

Whoa, I actually got approved.
I was worried that'd never happen, Hi SteamGAF!

Not really sure what to make my first post, so I guess I'll just say, I like video games and I like video games on steam as well.

Not really more I can say, can't wait to talk to you all more.
If anyone wants to add me on Steam for video games like Killing Floor or Left 4 Dead 2, I'd be down for that.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/VulcanRevolver/

Fox318

Time to celebrate!

1s2k0f.png

There can only be one

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201070/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Not really sure what to make my first post, so I guess I'll just say, I like video games and I like video games on steam as well.

If anyone wants to add me on Steam for video games like Killing Floor or Left 4 Dead 2, I'd be down for that.

Welcome to SteamGAF!

Pretty sure it depends on your steam country ;)
Even so, I don't want to have that risk.

But with it being a single key for each tier, I'm still considering buying it or not. I already have some games and don't enjoy RTS games. I only wanted Typing of the Dead, Hell Yeah and eventually Alpha Protocol, although I already have it on PS3.

I'm going to ask this here. I'm in Australia right now so If I buy a Humble Bundle from here, do I get australian versions of those games or are they a universal sub?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I slowed down buying games massively and increased my completion rate massively. It's gonna take me a long time to hit 1k games and I'm fine with that.

If valve let me easily perma-delete games I would be soooooo far from 1k.

Levyne

Banned

welcome!

don't get banned!

Turfster

Even so, I don't want to have that risk.

But with it being a single key for each tier, I'm still considering buying it or not. I already have some games and don't enjoy RTS games. I only wanted Typing of the Dead, Hell Yeah and eventually Alpha Protocol, although I already have it on PS3.

6$ for 3 games you wanted.
Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit.

I slowed down buying games massively and increased my completion rate massively. It's gonna take me a long time to hit 1k games and I'm fine with that.

If valve let me easily perma-delete games I would be soooooo far from 1k.

Yeah, I hope they allow us to give away games at some point. I'd love to trim my library down by a significant amount.

Arthea

So, I just checked thesaurus.com:

Nevermind the chocobos, the white text/blue background UI, and the everything-else-Final-Fantasy-uses. Who's making Ending Imagination?

yup, it's very transparently seems to be FF5 clone (><)
I just started, but I get those signals, if you know what I mean.

also Sega asks for help, may be it's about bundle, IDK

Tellaerin

Welcome to the madhouse! Hope you enjoy your stay! :D

If you were wondering, the comely lass in JaseC's avatar (and others') is the lovely and talented Saoirse Ronan. (She has a bit of a following around these parts, you see.) Everything else is irrelevant you'll probably pick up over time, but feel free to ask questions if you have any!

Okay, so I'm in a silly mood today. Sillier than usual, I mean. I blame the cold meds. >.>

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just wish RPG Maker didn't suck quite so much, what with having a maximum resolution of a graphing calculator.

Have you played The Witch's House? It's a (free) RPG Maker horror game that does some really interesting things.

Yes I have, along with a lot of others ranging from Ib to Yume Nikki to Forest of the Rain to Ao Oni, and a lot more. Love those type of games, and horror in general, so I consume a lot of these titles pretty quickly. The Witch's House is among one of my favorites though.

Knurek

yup, it's very transparently seems to be FF5 clone (><)
I just started, but I get those signals, if you know what I mean.

also Sega asks for help, may be it's about bundle, IDK

Could you keep us posted? Genuinely interested whether the game is good or not (sadly most RPGMaker games aren't).

Super Hexagon. Game only takes 6 minutes to 100%.
Beyond that, anything by Double Fine (except Psychonauts) and Telltale (except Poker Night).

Oh_you.jpg

Caerith

iBldvTOlJg7ub.jpg

What games are the easiest to get all achievements?

Beyond that, anything by Double Fine (except Psychonauts) and Telltale (except Poker Night).

Yes I have, along with a lot of others ranging from Ib to Yume Nikki to Forest of the Rain to Ao Oni, and a lot more. Love those type of games, and horror in general, so I consume a lot of these titles pretty quickly. The Witch's House is among one of my favorites though.

The true ending in The Witch's House was chilling. I'm planning to play Ib and some others closer to Halloween.

welcome!

don't get banned!

Fingers crossed that I don't.
I'll do my best to follow all the rules. :)

Welcome to the madhouse! Hope you enjoy your stay! :D

If you were wondering, the comely lass in JaseC's avatar (and others') is the lovely and talented Saoirse Ronan. (She has a bit of a following around these parts, you see.) Everything else is irrelevant you'll probably pick up over time, but feel free to ask questions if you have any!

Okay, so I'm in a silly mood today. Sillier than usual, I mean. I blame the cold meds. >.>

I like this place quite a lot already. :D
No questions as of right now thankfully, but if I have 'em, I'll be sure to ask.

iBldvTOlJg7ub.jpg

What games are the easiest to get all achievements?

The Walking Dead Season 1 and Season 2 are pretty easy.
You just play through the game and if you finish the game you've got all the achievements.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Walking dead I think, not sure if there are any missable achievements but I got them all by playing through the game and 400 days DLC once

There is one missable achievement in 400 days that has to do with winning 2/3 at Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Arthea

Could you keep us posted? Genuinely interested whether the game is good or not (sadly most RPGMaker games aren't).

Skyborn is good, Last Dream immediately felt worse for me, especially because Skyborn had mouse nicely implemented, and offered options right away.
OTOH I bought Last Dream for classes system, if it's anything like FF5 (and it looks like it), I can live with the rest.

That's so mean, beyond belief lol

dk_

Just for the record:

Tried to trade with Mannerbot, gave him my Humble Bundle link (with Sonic) and didn't get his (with Typing of the Dead) in return. Thanks! Unbelievable! I thought I'm safe here to trade with gaffers. Well, think again! I hope everybody reads this and won't trade with him in the future.

EDIT: He gave me another key. Everything is sorted out now!

Nabs

Just for the record:

Tried to trade with Mannerbot, gave him my Humble Bundle link (with Sonic) and didn't get his (with Typing of the Dead) in return. Thanks! Unbelievable! I thought I'm safe here to trade with gaffers. Well, think again! I hope everybody reads this and won't trade with him in the future.

TBH, I'd probably still trade with him. Are you sure it's not a misunderstanding?

Tomodachi

Damn it Ubisoft, you really want to get into the client war? FINE, just do a decent one already!
I don't even know where I should spend my fucking achievement points to unlock the extra mission in Anno 2070, you can't do it ingame, you can't do it with the client, I'm now trying to do it via the website but jeez, does it have to be this hard? Do I really need to unlock a quest (follow up to the main scenario) with points you give me for beating the main scenario itself? Are you for real?

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom