• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Whoa, I actually got approved.
I was worried that'd never happen, Hi SteamGAF!

Not really sure what to make my first post, so I guess I'll just say, I like video games and I like video games on steam as well.

Not really more I can say, can't wait to talk to you all more.
If anyone wants to add me on Steam for video games like Killing Floor or Left 4 Dead 2, I'd be down for that.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/VulcanRevolver/

Welcome to our crazy world. Friend invite and NeoGAF group invite sent your way, hopefully you'll accept both. If you do join the group, feel free to make use of the chat room, we could use more people talking in that.

Dear lord of the seas Poseidon, give a NSFW warning for that. Nudity in a Average Suburban Father simulator, who would have ever believed it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The three bonus games for the IG Supreme bundle are Driftmoon, NPPD Rush and Gunman Clive -- they're not showing in my profile but are listed on my gift page for some reason.

Edit: Oh, this was mentioned earlier. Derp.

That Sega Bundle is worth it for Alpha Protocol alone. Going to skip on it, since I already own that, but anyone who doesn't own it yet should grab it.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance #2 -- MB-7FDEFAFB25C06B6D - Taken by FauX
Kami #2 -- MB-2B00D69932E13788 - Taken by derExperte
Gunman Clive -- MB-EE728C9F5E582BD5 - Taken by Turfster
Kami -- MB-2C2DCC5F82A02903 - Taken by almostheathen
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance -- MB-75F5C25BC2A82E21 - Taken by _hekk05
Little Racers Street #2 -- MB-419BC6BFDADF7810 - Taken by Kiru
Supreme Commander -- MB-0BF53A04A2012D48 - Taken by Scipius
Probably Archery -- MB-175EB5980893EEC9 - Taken by r3n4ud
Little Racers Street -- MB-861C71999F2BBCB2 - Taken by scorpscarx
Humanity Asset -- MB-1299B3B5C9BA29B6 - Taken by Tellaerin
Supreme Commander #2 -- MB-E3DE73468DE77E65 - Taken by Kuroyume
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-4DFF70CF9E62E5AD - Taken by Terra_Ex
Driftmoon -- MB-07F789AC4D516A90 - Taken by Khronico

Khronico

Alright, enough cleaning, errands, and homework, it's time for some One Way Heroics.

Edit: Thanks JaseC for Driftmoon! This officially ends my bad luck streak of losing 40 or 50 game raffles...

Scythian

Didn't log into Steam this week, really thinking about picking up The Banner Saga, the art style just looks so cool. I checked, though it's midweek madness, it's still discounted?

"Sorry, The Humble Weekly Sale: SEGA is currently unavailable in your area."

Jesus Christ SEGA, you just have to region lock everything do you?

HAWKEN is so much fun. I'm still learning but so far everything is fantastic. The only thing I don't like is the menu layout, it can be really confusing. Maybe I don't need Titanfall... yet.

JaseC

I can't believe it's been a year since the beta for the current Steam Community began and I still can't invite people to groups using Firefox.

mannerbot

I can't believe it's been a year since the beta for the current Steam Community began and I still can't invite people to groups using Firefox.

image.php

I should have read the steam forum page for Max Payne 1 and 2 before buying them, I don't have the patience or desire to do all the bullshit required to run these games on W8.1 64 bit.

Terra_Ex

Considering how clunky the client still is after so many many years and Valve's steadfast refusal to add any of the much needed features of enhanced steam to their own service, I find it completely believable. And thanks for Hostile Waters.

JaseC

I can believe that.
Considering how clunky the client still is after so many many years and Valve's steadfast refusal to add any of the much needed features of enhanced steam to their own service, I find it completely believable. And thanks for Hostile Waters.

I was going to say "almost can't believe", but it's a fairly significant usability issue. Internet Explorer has the same problem, however Chrome works just fine, though I only have it installed on my laptop.

When did they change the daily? It was only NBA2k13 and now it's NBA2k14 and NBA2k13. The strange thing is that NBA2k14 is 0.10 cheaper than it was for the award sales yesterday.

Yay or nay on buying extra copies of The Warz for future key trades? The game is switching developers soon I believe so I wonder if that has anything to do with the sale.

I was going to say "almost can't believe", but it's a fairly significant usability issue. Internet Explorer has the same problem, however Chrome works just fine, though I only have it installed on my laptop.

Well... you are using Firefox... so yeah, I think that's partially to be expected.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Opera is weird, sometimes I can invite people to groups using it, other times I can't. I've never quite figured that out.

JaseC

When did they change the daily? It was only NBA2k13 and now it's NBA2k14 and NBA2k13. The strange thing is that NBA2k14 is 0.10 cheaper than it was for the award sales yesterday.

Yay or nay on buying extra copies of The Warz for future key trades? The game is switching developers soon I believe so I wonder if that has anything to do with the sale.

It'll probably be a long time before the game is 90% off again but I wouldn't expect it to be pulled. If the affairs are in order then the switch is painless: the Pacific Storm games remained up despite publishing rights reverting back to Buka from Meridian4, for example.

Well... you are using Firefox... so yeah, I think that's partially to be expected.

Oh you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom