• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I got Guise in another bundle, and thought it was terrible. Ugly platformer with bad controls. I didn't play all that much so maybe someone else has a more informed opinion, but buyer beware.
Oh yes, I am aware of how horrible the game is. That's the sole reason I even want it. I love watching trainwrecks.

I can't recall. Did HumbleBundle change it so that you couldn't give away Steam keys for games you already owned in a Bundle?

You still can assuming they haven't combined them into tiers like the current Sega bundle, though you can still give away an entire tire of games if you like. In your account just hit the little gift box icon next to the name/white box of the game and it generates a gift link. You can then send that link to anyone even modbot!

There is no way to get at the individual steam key, just links now. Don't blame them as people would on-sell them on ebay etc...

Can anyone give me impressions on Probably Archery? It's the only game I don't have out of the latest Indie Gala bundle and I've been wanting to play it for a while, just not sure if it's worth getting the whole thing just for 1 game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You still can assuming they haven't combined them into tiers like the current Sega bundle, though you can still give away an entire tire of games if you like. In your account just hit the little gift box icon next to the name/white box of the game and it generates a gift link. You can then send that link to anyone even modbot!

There is no way to get at the individual steam key, just links now. Don't blame them as people would on-sell them on ebay etc...

You can generate a gift link by clicking the small present icon.

Thanks!

But the current Sega bundle is combined into tiers? That's unfortunate because I do own half the games.

EDIT: Yeah, seems that way.

Sajjaja

What game?

I wish the Sega bundle came with separate keys, that way I could have justified paying $6 and giving away the extra keys since I'm only interested in M2TW. :(

Metro Last Light. And though I don't have most of the games in the bundle, I'm not interested in all of them, mostly Binary Domain. Probably Typing of the Dead as well. Would be nice to get AP on Steam though.

Anteater

region lock and 2 keys made everything easy for me, no typing of the dead for me, no alpha protocol for giveaway and no money to the charity, I hope you're happy sega

win-cartoon-dude-kickcgk4s.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When was that? seems like they were still there like... A year ago?

Yeah, late 2012 is when they disappeared, coincident with Vice City being pulled due to some song licences expiring. GTA Complete and GTA Classics both had Vice City in them, so they had to go while R* replaced the songs, and even though Vice City was brought back about a month later, R*, for whatever reason, made new subs sans GTA and GTA 2 instead of just reinstating the old ones. Some believe that they were pulled due to R* offering them for free on its own site, but that'd been the case for months, so a conflict of interest seems doubtful to me -- my guess would be that the games had issues on modern operating systems and R* couldn't be bothered fixing them. This would also explain why R* stopped offering the games itself.

Edit: I just realised that I don't have the Steam version of Wild Metal Country. I've sent off a support ticket to R* in hopes of getting it.

I'm planning on getting a bluetooth dongle for my PS3/PS4 remotes, or a receiver for my 360 remote. Before I make the decision, is it true that the 360 wireless gaming receiver is needed for a 360 remote to work on PC? That would kinda reek since a bluetooth dongle can work with everything, but the x360 remote needs something special. I'm using a regular 360 remote, not one of the Windows versions if that makes a difference.

Playing big picture for the first time!

*sniff* it's beautiful man!

I remember I tried Big Picture Mode before. I was completely lost. I think it took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to get out of it, lol. I'll probably try it again one day, since I heard it's supposed to be for HDTV users for a better experience. Which is what I'm using.

$100 tier amirite?

I'd be in for it.

Well blow me down, I'm in for Aveyond and Skybord at least

I'll be checking it out... stupid bundles... :lol

Yeahhh but I just bought a game.

I don't think you understand what being a PC gamer or a regular in this thread is about, sir...

Playing big picture for the first time!

*sniff* it's beautiful man!

No.

I'm planning on getting a bluetooth dongle for my PS3/PS4 remotes, or a receiver for my 360 remote. Before I make the decision, is it true that the 360 wireless gaming receiver is needed for a 360 remote to work on PC? That would kinda reek since a bluetooth dongle can work with everything, but the x360 remote needs something special. I'm using a regular 360 remote, not one of the Windows versions if that makes a difference.

I remember I tried Big Picture Mode before. I was completely lost. I think it took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to get out of it, lol. I'll probably try it again one day, since I heard it's supposed to be for HDTV users for a better experience. Which is what I'm using.

If you get a bluetooth dongle for PS3/PS4 controllers, it will only work with the PS3/PS4 controllers because you have to replace the driver.
You won't be able to pair a BT mouse and keyboard with it, for example.
Yes, you need a dongle for the 360 controller and in my experience, it doesn't work well. I've had better connectivity using the BT dongle and the customer PS3/PS4 drivers. Which is good, because I prefer those controllers anyway.

If you get a bluetooth dongle for PS3/PS4 controllers, it will only work with the PS3/PS4 controllers because you have to replace the driver.
You won't be able to pair a BT mouse and keyboard with it, for example.
Yes, you need a dongle for the 360 controller and in my experience, it doesn't work well. I've had better connectivity using the BT dongle and the customer PS3/PS4 drivers. Which is good, because I prefer those controllers anyway.

Thanks. That helps with my decision whether to go the 360 controller route, or the PS3/PS4 controller route. I think I'll go with the bluetooth dongle.

Tizoc

Is it just me or does Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z have an outrageous price?

No we all feel the same actually. I WAS expecting it to be $60 for base price anyways.
Still waiting for GMG to have it for pre-order if possible, otherwise...eff it, I'm getting it for $48, I'm making the OT after all =3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, Steam games aren't released on the weekends?

I... I never noticed this... And I own almost 1,250 games...

Now that publishers can release whenever they want after the initial build has been Valve-approved you do occasionally see the odd game or two released over the weekend. For the most part, though, Steam is quiet by virtue of it being the end of the working week. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom